Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Comerman

stwome01 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. Got several texts to ring the phone number but no answer when I try. I have made several calls at this stage so I am just assuming that the phones are no longer being staffed.

Maybe so, I got the call the last 3 mornings and tried ringing get placed in a queue. If there's no one staffing phone or email then why take the order in the first place. Plus who's pressing the button to ring me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I have the same issue. Ordered from Argos and received a text asking me to call a number in order to arrange delivery. I was on hold for over 30 minutes and didn't get through them.

In the confirmation email, it says "Our home delivery team will call you by to arrange a convenient date and time for your delivery", I'm not sure why they are asking us to call an unstaffed number??

Did any one receive a call for Argos to arrange for delivery?

Managed to get through them on the phone after waiting for more than 1 hour.

The earliest delivery day that was offered to me was the 23rd April.

Which number did you get through on? I want to tell them to shove the order where the sun don't shine :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

stwome01 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. Got several texts to ring the phone number but no answer when I try. I have made several calls at this stage so I am just assuming that the phones are no longer being staffed.

Just to note. I finally got through after an hour on hold. This day week was the earliest delivery slot. At least I got through :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

I rang argos today about a delivery and also to have a chat about why they took my payment twice. Ordered furniture a few days ago and put through the €850 payment twice. Tried thus morning for 45 minutes and hung up. Eventually got through after almost an hour on hold. Delivery is next Thursday which is fine.

They couldn't tell me why I was charged twice. Tried to blame me for refreshing the payment page (which I 100% didn't). Waiting for a call back about it. According to bank of ireland its still pending but wont be refunded for 3-5 working days. Not really good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You'd be taking a risk buying from Argos online. They're not geared up for online sales in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

JDxtra wrote: »
    You'd be taking a risk buying from Argos online. They're not geared up for online sales in Ireland.

Really? First time I've ordered from them online. Wouldn't usually use them but with a baby due in the summer we didn't want to wait any longer, only other place I could order from had a 14 week wait for delivery and anything could happen by then. Is it the delivery or customer service or what is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Argos don't have experience of running an online shop in Ireland, only bulky items were shipped previously. So if you are buying essential items, I'd honestly shop somewhere else or wait until their stores open up.

• Advertisement

I got through after being on hold for 55 minutes, BBQ will be delivered next Friday (and the rain's just started)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

I have a 100 Euro gift voucher for Argos, but it can't be redeemed online!

Only in the shop!

Some company eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

trackerman wrote: »
    I have a 100 Euro gift voucher for Argos, but it can't be redeemed online!

Only in the shop!

Some company eh!

Seems such a frivolous complaint given what's going globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

degsie wrote: »
    Seems such a frivolous complaint given what's going globally.

And given whats going on don't you think Argos would try to be a little more cooperative.

their UK website allows the use of vouchers but not the Irish one.
    Just because were in lock down doesn't mean we have to sit and take it, we have the right to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

trackerman wrote: »
    we have the right to complain.
    With respect you're complaining to the wrong people here...try Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Honestfrank01

I really should have looked in here before I placed my order Hahaha.
    Anyone place an order with argos money gone through but not receive a confirmation email???

Just received a call from Argos. Looks like the earliest they can deliver my order is May 20th, instead of the already agreed April 23rd :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Amouar wrote: »
    Just received a call from Argos. Looks like the earliest they can deliver my order is May 20th, instead of the already agreed April 23rd :/

Everyone is in the same boat- my Boots order has been updated to May 22nd and a Dunnes Order 11th May........ Delivery capacity is getting swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Everyone is in the same boat- my Boots order has been updated to May 22nd and a Dunnes Order 11th May........ Delivery capacity is getting swamped.

I had orders on Amazon last week - the delivery dates were 28th April - one arrived Monday 20th and the other arrived today - I think they actually don't know and are giving possibly the worst case.

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    I had orders on Amazon last week - the delivery dates were 28th April - one arrived Monday 20th and the other arrived today - I think they actually don't know and are giving possibly the worst case.

I got an e-mail to say my Dunnes order was shipping by DPD yesterday- and then when I checked on the DPD website it said I signed for it yesterday evening. I eventually found it carefully propped up against a tree this afternoon. Sigh. At least its there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    amazon always do that for me, not sure if anything ever took as long as the estimate.

I have something on the way from amazon.de ordered on 16th, it said delivery

Thursday, 30 April -
    Wednesday, 13 May

and now it reckons tuesday 28th. I reckon it could be here monday

Tuesday, 21 April
    8:21 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint-Martin-de-Crau, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur FR
    Monday, 20 April
    1:38 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Sabadell, Barcelona ES
    11:40 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Barcelona, Barcelona ES
    Sunday, 19 April
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

I got an e-mail to say my Dunnes order was shipping by DPD yesterday- and then when I checked on the DPD website it said I signed for it yesterday evening. I eventually found it carefully propped up against a tree this afternoon. Sigh. At least its there.

Had the same from Nightline on a lifestyle order. Left at the gate on a rural road but was marked as delivered yesterday to a different county...

This is it wrote: »
    Had the same from Nightline on a lifestyle order. Left at the gate on a rural road but was marked as delivered yesterday to a different county...

I fully 'get' social distancing etc- but the least they could do is give us a call and agree where to drop something off which doesn't involve impinging on one another's space so we can all be kept safe. Lying and forging signatures, and fairly randomly leaving packages in the vicinity of where you live- doesn't exactly encourage you to view them as trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Whats the delivery times like from ordering something from the ebay site about a month maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Whats the delivery times like from ordering something from the ebay site about a month maybe?

Bought Lego recently from Argos Ebay. Ordered the 4th of April, despatched the 6th and arrived the 10th with Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Hoping for a bit of advice here - having some serious issues with Argos at the moment so any help much appreciated.

I ordered one of the 55' LG TV's from the Argos Ebay store a few weeks ago, had it delivered last Friday and opened to find it has a massive crack in the screen (the joys of Fastway I presume).

I sent them a message straight away and was told a collection would be organised for the Monday which I agreed to. After spending the whole day waiting for it to be collected I sent them another message to which I got a reply saying collections are now suspended and I will have to wait until this changes. No mention of a refund or any way of solving the issue. I have since followed up and gotten the same stock response and spent 2 hours on hold on the phone to them where I got through to two people who didn't seem to have a clue and said it was a different department that dealt with that.

I am now stuck with a broken TV taking up a load of space in a small apartment with no idea when it will be collected or refunded and getting zero help from Argos. Would anyone have any recommendations on how I could get this solved? It's not ideal to be stuck without a TV in lockdown and don't exactly have the spare cash to buy another!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Return it to your nearest Argos shop for a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Return it to your nearest Argos shop for a full refund.

You do realise there's a lockdown and all the shops are closed, right? :confused:

Besides, you can't return Argos ebay store items to physical stores afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I didn’t know they were closed - M&S are open in Clonmel in the same shopping centre, thought they were all open in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I didn’t know they were closed - M&S are open in Clonmel in the same shopping centre, thought they were all open in there.

Nah, unfortunately not. Just food supermarket type places open.

Advertisement