Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get a job

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I'm a mortgage holder. Come down off your high horse you tadger.

I've survived and managed to pay the bills on little more. (not when I'd my mortgage)

Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're just sh1t at managing your finances?

FFS!!!

You're dreaming away in a world of your own there. Just because you want to have a pitiful existence it doesn't mean the rest of us want to join you. The average NATIONAL rent is now €1,094/month. Anyone on minimum wage will never secure a mortgage and because of high rent the majority of people will never be in a position to save the deposit for a mortgage especially those earning anything near the minimum wage.
    If you want to live in the manner that most human beings like to do you won't get very far on your €1500/month. If you want to couple people then factor in children and the costs associated with them. You're living in a cocoon. Just because you found something that worked for you it doesn't mean it works for others.
    Seriously I don't know why you picked a house in Castleisland to make a point, there are no jobs in the area so a car would be needed for a commute to work and possibly 2 cars for 2 people. None of your argument is valid in the majority of cases.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    You're dreaming away in a world of your own there. Just because you want to have a pitiful existence it doesn't mean the rest of us want to join you. The average NATIONAL rent is now €1,094/month. Anyone on minimum wage will never secure a mortgage and because of high rent the majority of people will never be in a position to save the deposit for a mortgage especially those earning anything near the minimum wage.
    If you want to live in the manner that most human beings like to do you won't get very far on your €1500/month. If you want to couple people then factor in children and the costs associated with them. You're living in a cocoon. Just because you found something that worked for you it doesn't mean it works for others.
    Seriously I don't know why you picked a house in Castleisland to make a point, there are no jobs in the area so a car would be needed for a commute to work and possibly 2 cars for 2 people. None of your argument is valid in the majority of cases.

What a condescending little fcuk you are. Is that what you think of people up and down the country making minimum wage, that they live a pitiful existence?

National average rent grossly exaggerated because of extremes in the cities.

Go on daft and you'll find places up and down the country where rent is nowhere near that level. And we seem to manage just fine. What manner are you describing, that most people want to live in? Is it eating out a few times a week going to pub all night Saturday and foreign holidays twice a year?

I never said being on it was easy or that you'd be living the high life. But f**k me if a couple living in a place where the rent is 600/700 a month can't live comfortably enough with €3,000 between them I don't know what to say.

FFS!

What a condescending little fcuk you are. Is that what you think of people up and down the country making minimum wage, that they live a pitiful existence?

Go on daft and you'll find places up and down the country where rent is nowhere near that level. And we seem to manage just fine. What manner are you describing, that most people want to live in? Is it eating out a few times a week going to pub all night Saturday and foreign holidays twice a year?

I never said being on it was easy or that you'd be living the high life. But f**k me if a couple living in a place where the rent is 600/700 a month can't live comfortably enough with €3,000 between them I don't know what to say.

FFS!

FFS!!! Petulant man, stop spinning what I've said to suit yourself and reread the comments! I'm wasting my time on you. I'll leave it to anyone else who has a few days to explain it all.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

2011 wrote: »
    What a load of cr@p. There is an abundance of low skilled jobs that can’t be filled.

There are no jobs that can't be filled, only jobs that can't be filled at the price the company is willing to pay.

And if there are so many jobs why is the OP finding it difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

FFS!

If you can't make your point without resorting to swearing, you don't have much of a point at all. By definition most people live in urban areas and naturally, that's where most of the jobs are. So if you're going to talk about cost of living for an average person, then it makes sense to talk about urban cost of living. Living in a cottage in a remote village isn't an option for most people.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note: Cool your heels there lads. Civil argument please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

DS86DS wrote: »
    When a country has open borders and let's anybody and their cat in, this is one of the downsides. It's not politically correct to mention so, and there will be excuses made about "other factors involved".....but it's the truth that can't be spoken.

Make no mistake about it, next time you see 10 non-nationals working in a shop, that is 10 Irish people without work. Anybody who tries to pretend otherwise is lying through their teeth.

and who the hell are we to complain??? look at all the irish living & working abroad ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭username2013

frosty123 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

eemmmmm building site??? not to sure

yes i have the safe pass but i never worked in construction before, don't think i made out for it (physically)

Unless you have a physical disability the above just indicates to me that you are a lazy person. I worked on building sites for years and was no more than 10 stone. Yes it can be tough work but what job isn't. You need to change your attitude from thinking you can't do something to thinking I can do it. Seriously unless you're disabled or incapacitated in some fashion, the only thing that is stopping you from earning good money in construction is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    You're either joking or have never had to pay the bills in your home. That is a **** wage. Try living in a city in a decent home and pay your rent and utilities out of that money. Try paying a mortgage on it. FFS!!

Can confirm, worked a job with that wage in England for a while.

You barely survive and any long term plans can go out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

FFS!

Mod note: Ruraldweller56, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

well good for you but thats not my experience

If you're honestly not trolling I would 100% bet on your poorly written CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

gandalf wrote: »
    OP just scanning over this thread. It looks like where you are based is a problem from a transportation point of view. You need to put a plan in action to deal with this. You need as suggested to try and scrape the funds together to get a cheap car or motorbike. Sorting out transport will allow you to widen your scope and give you more employment options. Just from reading your posts it appears that you want the job to land in your lap. That ain't going to happen.

Im the OP never said i had a problem with transport ( have my own car) ..you must be mixing me up with someone else

Im the OP never said i had a problem with transport ( have my own car) ..you must be mixing me up with someone else

it was engiweirdo that mentioned he doesn't have a car. 17-12-2018, 12:57 conversation went a bit away from your original post I suppose.
    This country doesn't help either. Had to cancel an interview for this week. Job is literally 20km from my door but public transport is a bad joke and would cost €60 return in a taxi. And yeah dole = no ability to borrow/ save for a car or driving lessons.

Just a passenger

Advertisement