Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dev5976

Jman.18 wrote: »
    Is the Leinster schools senior cup draw being made Monday?

The draw is Monday 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Clongowes were indeed a great side last year and deserved the Cup completely, Michaels definitely deserved it on the day however. But that Belvedere side was fairly poor by any teams standards. For O'Byrnes try against them, he walks through about 6 would be tacklers, that's just not good enough for any side who fancies themselves. Admittedly O'Byrne was a very big customer, but still, no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Dev5976 wrote: »
    The draw is Monday 10th

Apologies all. Thought it was this Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

Belvo JCT beat Rock JCT 15-8

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    Clongowes were indeed a great side last year and deserved the Cup completely, Michaels definitely deserved it on the day however. But that Belvedere side was fairly poor by any teams standards. For O'Byrnes try against them, he walks through about 6 would be tacklers, that's just not good enough for any side who fancies themselves. Admittedly O'Byrne was a very big customer, but still, no excuse.

Completely agree, i havent seen such a disorientated Belvo team in years... They were shambolic

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Jct results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Marys 13- Michaels 12. People beginning to sit up?

Marys try was an incredible piece of skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gronk

Marys gave Terenure a good game for the first 50 minutes aswell could be the surprise team of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

thought that match was cancelled? Guess not, preseasons are preseasons so wouldn't read into it too much but fairplay.

I wonder how many 'Michaels players were missing today? Fair play to 'Marys-the standard of the cup seems to be very even this year with everyone seemingly beating each other.

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    I wonder how many 'Michaels players were missing today? Fair play to 'Marys-the standard of the cup seems to be very even this year with everyone seemingly beating each other.

Nick McCarthy and Adam Leavy were the only ones I saw missing.

Marys also missed three kicks by a matter of inches.

Nick McCarthy and Adam Leavy were the only ones I saw missing.

Marys also missed three kicks by a matter of inches.

Well I was kind of half joking as every time they lose the excuses are trotted out. Still surprising tho as 'Michaels have 7 players in the Irish Schools U18's and U19's squad and 'Marys don't have any. Mary's seemd to have joined the group just behind 'Michaels and Terenure.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

gronk wrote: »
    Marys gave Terenure a good game for the first 50 minutes aswell could be the surprise team of the year

Marys always seem to be the surprise team of the year. Never marked to win but regularly get to the semis and finals.

Less students than even Gonzaga, they must have some excellent coaches there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rugbyhead12

do rock have any fourth years on the seniors this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

have marys played blackrock yet? would be a great game to see

Well I was kind of half joking as every time they lose the excuses are trotted out. Still surprising tho as 'Michaels have 7 players in the Irish Schools U18's and U19's squad and 'Marys don't have any. Mary's seemd to have joined the group just behind 'Michaels and Terenure.

I'll gladly eat my words if wrong but this marys team have never achieved anything of note and never been particularly impressive. Don't think that we've got a miraculous improvement and rather have bad performances against Marys. Likewise for the Rock-Belvo match. Belvo 5th and 6th years never been better than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ar_14

Higher wrote: »

Marys always seem to be the surprise team of the year. Never marked to win but regularly get to the semis and finals.

Less students than even Gonzaga, they must have some excellent coaches there.

How many students per year in Gonzaga and Marys?

I'll gladly eat my words if wrong but this marys team have never achieved anything of note and never been particularly impressive. Don't think that we've got a miraculous improvement and rather have bad performances against Marys. Likewise for the Rock-Belvo match. Belvo 5th and 6th years never been better than average.

They took the much-vaunted Terenure junior team of 2010 all the way in the first round 3 years ago-'Nure only winning 8-6.

They took the much-vaunted Terenure junior team of 2010 all the way in the first round 3 years ago-'Nure only winning 8-6.

Didn't see that match so can't comment but when I have seen them play they were an ordinary side and they have no depth whatsoever. One key injury and they'll be gone, their seconds are a big step down from their firsts.

I don't think it's up for discussion that technically the two most talented teams are Terenure and Michaels, the Leinster representation speaks for itself. It would be a great story though if someone like Marys could pull together as a team and win the cup. You never know I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Ar_14 wrote: »
    How many students per year in Gonzaga and Marys?

A quick wiki says Gonzaga has 10 more students per year than Marys.

Marys have about 70 in each year.

St michaels vs cbc cork junior result??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Johnnyd95

Michaels were beaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Higher wrote: »

A quick wiki says Gonzaga has 10 more students per year than Marys.

Gonzaga has 92/93 per year.
    Generally have 4-5 teams in 1st year.
    3 teams at u-14 & JCT.
    3 senior teams & a social team.

Lot of Chess players.

67John67 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware Nick McCarthy has left Michaels in order to pursue an acting career in the US

That's what the word on the street is. Apparently they're bringing in Shizao Li as a replacement. McCarthy shouldn't be too much of a loss, Shizao is a serious talent, unbelievable strength for a guy so fast, he got a scholarship from China.

• Advertisement

These obvious lies above has no place on a senior cup forum, get em outta here! It's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

they had two guys in the backs that really stood out + a big second row(#5 i think) + one of the props scored two tries, but mainly they were well drilled and once they found weaknesses, were able to work them. Pres have big injury problems esp scrum half...

Having seen almost all of the league teams i'd say that gonzaga are best all round, then castleknock, who are good in attack but let in 28 points in thier match against Pres...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rugbyhead12

can anyone tell me if blackrock are have any u-16's/fourth years playing with the seniors this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Rugby97

themont85 wrote: »
    Guys who played 1st team pro rugby from 2008;

Leinster
    Tom Sexton (Belvo)
    John Cooney (Gonzaga)
    Dominic Ryan (Gonzaga)
    Jack O'Connell (Clongowes)
    Darren Hudson (Marys)
    Jack McGrath (Marys)
    Noel Reid (Michaels)
    Ben Marshall (Andrews) [he might have left in 09)
    Ian McKinley (Columbas)

Elsewhere
    Michael Keating (Belvo) at Doncaster
    Michael Noone (CBC Monkstown) at Leicester Tigers
    David McSherry (Templeogue) at Connacht

Ridiculous amount from one year group alone in a province before you factor in the Conways ect who were 5th years. As a Leinster Schools team they went undefeated in South Africa against their provinces. Don't think there's been such a tour since actually.

When he was younger I thought Terry Jones (Terenure) had a future in the game. Gary Foley (CBC) was in the Academy for one year and fizzled out. Surprised Shane Grannell never ended up anywhere.

Ian keatley (Belvo) Munster
    Eoin O Malley (Belvo) Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Rugby97 wrote: »

They were both '05, the list is '08 though doesn't include, as the Mont said when he posted it, the lads like Macken, Conway, Colly O' Shea, Buckley and Ben Marshall who were 5th years at the time. One of the most talent-filled senior cups in living memory I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

http://youtu.be/avpLTZT2IMM

third gonzaga try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Rugby97 wrote: »

They're from 2005/2006 ish. As I said like Rock in 2006, a lot of talent in one team. That Belvo team had Keatley, Paul Donoghue, O'Malley and Cian Healy. Difference to 2008 was that level of talent was distributed through 5 or 6 schools where as 2005/2006 we had really a Rock/Belvo dominance.

Got word today that Ross Byrne's leg was broken in a friendly match between Michaels SCT and the Michaels social rugby team the Barbarians. Very tough break for michaels if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Got word today that Ross Byrne's leg was broken in a friendly match between Michaels SCT and the Michaels social rugby team the Barbarians. Very tough break for michaels if true.
    Jesus that would be tough on them, feel sorry for Byrne though if true

How long is a leg break? Is Stephen O'Neill back after his broken ankle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Peyyo

leg breaks are at least 12 weeks more then likely it 18 or so. all depends on how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Ive seen him out doing light training, hasnt played a match yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Damn that would be a shame, was interested to see how he would get on

• Advertisement

O'Neill will be back for Christmas training and at the latest it'll be January. In other news, CBC Monkstown beat Gonzaga 18-8 in Donnybrook today in Junior League Final. CBC 13 was very impressive, didnt catch his name and Gonzaga 7 to boot.

13 is Darren Casey, takes kicks.

The top three fly halves in the cup are indeed McKeon, O'Neill and Byrne, but I'd say that O'Neill is a far better centre than he is a fly half.

Blackrock play rockwell senior and junior tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    O'Neill will be back for Christmas training and at the latest it'll be January. In other news, CBC Monkstown beat Gonzaga 18-8 in Donnybrook today in Junior League Final. CBC 13 was very impressive, didnt catch his name and Gonzaga 7 to boot.

He's the guy moving to Sunderland next year according to someone on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

If this is true then the coaching staff really should'nt have been stupid enough to play him in a pointless match like this.

funtime93 wrote: »
    If this is true then the coaching staff really should'nt have been stupid enough to play him in a pointless match like this.

He probably wanted to play, I wouldnt be surprised if most the SCT team played. It's just a freak injury, no one is to blame. Can't wrap a guy in wool and pray he stays healthy.

themont85 wrote: »
    He's the guy moving to Sunderland next year according to someone on here.

He was a serious athlete for a Junior anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

Gosh, this is tough. Can anyone confirm this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Good game at the Junior League final, CBC well worth the win. CBC's 13 (Dan Casey) and 14 stood out and Gonzaga's 7 (Jack MacNamara) was the best player on the pitch for me. Casey is a serious athlete though, not only is he playing for Sunderland, he's also playing GAA for Dublin at an underage level according to what I heard yesterday. CBC could be dark horses for the Cup, they've a very cohesive backline and I'm pretty sure were unbeaten in the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement