Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-02-2020, 17:54   #1486
micks_address

Quote:
Originally Posted by daheff View Post
anybody figured out how to get a windows 8 pc recognise the phone when you connect it?

Win10 pc in work can pick it up, but not a win 8 pc at home.
Are you going into phone settings and selecting file transfer? When it's connected
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 23:01   #1487
daheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
Are you going into phone settings and selecting file transfer? When it's connected
Yup

I can get a win 10 PC (work)to find it but not a win 8(home).
14-02-2020, 12:52   #1488
physioman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daheff View Post
Yup

I can get a win 10 PC (work)to find it but not a win 8(home).
Yeah I use to have the same issue with a Samsung galaxy a8. Wouldn't connect on Windows 8
14-02-2020, 14:06   #1489
glasso

upgrade to windows 10.

at this stage it's far far better than windows 8.
14-02-2020, 16:50   #1490
coldfire1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
upgrade to windows 10.

at this stage it's far far better than windows 8.
+1 for that. You can easily get a free Win 10 upgrade. Win 8 is not secure anymore.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 17:07   #1491
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
+1 for that. You can easily get a free Win 10 upgrade. Win 8 is not secure anymore.
windows 8 is actually supported to end 2022, it's windows 7 that recently lost support.

all the same, windows 10 is a lot more preferable to windows 8 or 8.1 imo.
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 17:16   #1492
dan786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
Not necessarily. You're allowed to keep unsolicited goods without making any effort of trying to return to the sender.

Goods sent in error are a different story though. They technically are still the property of the sender and the sender can take legal remedy to recover said goods or the value thereof.
Told them they could collect, been a week and they are still adamant on me paying for registered postage. That is not going to happen.

After a week they tell me they will compensate me etc but looking at their CS reviews and their twitter page, it wont happen or I will be waiting months.

So now what....
21-02-2020, 17:42   #1493
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan786 View Post
Told them they could collect, been a week and they are still adamant on me paying for registered postage. That is not going to happen.

After a week they tell me they will compensate me etc but looking at their CS reviews and their twitter page, it wont happen or I will be waiting months.

So now what....
They sent them to you in error and it's their responsibility to collect. I certainly wouldn't be forking out on posting them back.
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 17:58   #1494
dan786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
They sent them to you in error and it's their responsibility to collect. I certainly wouldn't be forking out on posting them back.
I have told them this, so its up to them now. I sent them a final message saying they are welcome to take possession of the items, they have my name and address where these can be collected from. I will not be sending these back myself under any circumstance. My job was to inform them and offer them the option to take possession of the phones.
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 18:04   #1495
Aristotle

Quote:
I have told them this, so its up to them now. I sent them a final message saying they are welcome to take possession of the items, they have my name and address where these can be collected from. I will not be sending these back myself under any circumstance. My job was to inform them and offer them the option to take possession of the phones.
You're a good egg, you seem like the type of guy most of our parents wish we grew up as.

But we didn't, we're instead the type that get excited by a discounted phone that we do not need and wonder why we ended up in so much debt when we retire.
22-02-2020, 08:51   #1496
daheff

Quote:
Tell them you are going to start charging them for storage of their products. Tell them you are giving them X number of days to collect & then you are disposing of the phones.
22-02-2020, 10:22   #1497
Anjunadeep

Is there anything stopping one from porting to vodafone to qualify for the discount, and then porting out to another network immediately after?
22-02-2020, 11:31   #1498
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjunadeep View Post
Is there anything stopping one from porting to vodafone to qualify for the discount, and then porting out to another network immediately after?
Can't see anything to stop you. I did one better, ordered one and had the port date set for after I received it.

Cancelled the port before it took place, and kept the phone
22-02-2020, 16:47   #1499
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Can't see anything to stop you. I did one better, ordered one and had the port date set for after I received it.

Cancelled the port before it took place, and kept the phone
how do you cancel a port?
22-02-2020, 18:05   #1500
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
how do you cancel a port?
Called Vodafone, they put me through to the porting team.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion