Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭downcow

gwalk wrote: »
    What is your opinion about the boxers who represent Ireland (as one) at underage levels from all over the north?

Genuine question by the way not having a go or looking to start an arguement

I think it is unfortunate that you unionist feel they have no choice but to represent ireland due to the level of sectarianism in the sport. I am sure you are aware of the discrimination against young prods and prod clubs in boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Don’t forget the university going to Coleraine. That was the bogsides fault though.

I suppose when the people in the city in question shoots random wee girls in the head on live tv they may have a point in putting the university elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

downcow wrote: »
    Read my post again it refers to the ROI team ie football

Why confine it to one sport though? You don’t set the parameters. Wayne McCullough from east Belfast carried the tricolour in the opening ceremony. Sport is one thing that binds this island together and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

...... but the problem is some lads parading in front of a 100% unionist audience with a 3 inch purple wing on their slieve. Remarkable. They keep pointing at every little indiscretion over there by themuns in the other community and don’t say a word about their own people tearing their community apart. What’s needed is some courageous leadership in the Creggan, bogside, etc

Are you not doing the same thing pointing out everything in republican places while defending bands and anything that happens on loyalist side

timthumbni wrote: »
    I suppose when the people in the city in question shoots random wee girls in the head on live tv they may have a point in putting the university elsewhere.

Why don’t you reply constructively to Armagh lad? Nothing to say on it or just accept its valid? Derry is obviously a place that troubles you deeply.

• Advertisement

timthumbni wrote: »

When was it on live TV now you are just making things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I think it is unfortunate that you unionist feel they have no choice but to represent ireland due to the level of sectarianism in the sport. I am sure you are aware of the discrimination against young prods and prod clubs in boxing

Yeah i remember a case of claimed discrimination, think it was Lewis Crocker, said he was overlooked for the Commonwealth team on religeous grounds. settled out of cou

I do think that boxers (not just boxers, all sports) should be free to declare for whatever nation they wish if meet the nationality and eleigibility requirements

Yeah i remember a case of claimed discrimination, think it was Lewis Crocker, said he was overlooked for the Commonwealth team on religeous grounds. settled out of cou

I do think that boxers (not just boxers, all sports) should be free to declare for whatever nation they wish if meet the nationality and eleigibility requirements

They are allowed. Hockey players/rowers from up north chose team GB in last Olympics but vast majority go with the all island team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

When was it on live TV now you are just making things up

Apologies. referring to the fact it was captured by the media.

But still there is doubt over the person in question being brought to justice.

At least his pArtner is expecting a baby. Charming.

Marc Wilson is from Antrim

AHH they ignore facts when it does not suit them

• Advertisement

That is one of my go to comedy sites. It is life threatening if you can die of laughter.
    There is hours of pleasure there reading the vitriol. The writer is a very 'balanced chap'...he has a bitter chip on both shoulders. I urge all to read and enjoy.

So francie list for me which paradoxs that don't embarrass you or are not factual?

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2019/...rmed-struggle/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

In fairness, DC did say that it was to the best of their knowledge.

Why confine it to one sport though? You don’t set the parameters. Wayne McCullough from east Belfast carried the tricolour in the opening ceremony. Sport is one thing that binds this island together and long may it continue.

....and Martin O'Neill captained NI for many years, and now Michael O'neill managing. Great stuff

Yes such as Armaghlad’s excellent post. I’ll quote it again in case anyone(timthumbroi)missed it:

’m not from Derry Tim, but then again I’m not going to hold them responsible for the lack of investment, the decades of gerrymandering, the border imposed separating their city from it’s hinterland, the closed railway and general economic isolation. I think that’s something the state could possibly look at.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Oh of course. Forget the second city in our wee colony, we’ll build universities in Coleraine and motorways to our failed unionist vanity project (Craigavon)

I posted a map of railway investment over laid with a map of where the majority of voters are and shock horror it's all east of the bann

Are you not doing the same thing pointing out everything in republican places while defending bands and anything that happens on loyalist side

Show me anywhere in a post i have been inconsistent and done what you say

....and Martin O'Neill captained NI for many years, and now Michael O'neill managing. Great stuff

In the 1970’s the Republic of Ireland soccer team was a complete shambles. Much changed times now we have been in 3 world cups since 1986 and the north will never grace one again barring a miracle or joining up with ourselves.

Of course the 1994 World Cup was marred by Irish people being killed watching their team in loughinisland.

They are allowed. Hockey players/rowers from up north chose team GB in last Olympics but vast majority go with the all island team.

There is no doubt this is true Those that are good enough go with their first choice the UK and those that think they won't make it go with Ireland. I am not a big fan of this but each to their own

Show me anywhere in a post i have been inconsistent and done what you say

You have been defending the band while complaining about the bonfire in the bogside

you do shocking twisting .. I am not going to bother repeating the explanation

• Advertisement

In the 1970’s the Republic of Ireland soccer team was a complete shambles. Much changed times now we have been in 3 world cups since 1986 and the north will never grace one again barring a miracle or joining up with ourselves.

Of course the 1994 World Cup was marred by Irish people being killed watching their team in loughinisland.

Haha not what the FIFA world rankings would suggest lol. You do live in FrancieLand

There is no doubt this is true Those that are good enough go with their first choice the UK and those that think they won't make it go with Ireland. I am not a big fan of this but each to their own

That’s something you made up to make you feel better. Rory would never make team GB?!! Paddy Barnes? Michael conlan? All Olympic medalists!

[QUOTE=munsterlegend;
    Of course the 1994 World Cup was marred by Irish people being killed watching their team in loughinisland.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Shocking stuff. As a football fan my heart went out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You have been defending the band while complaining about the bonfire in the bogside

This.

He spent the whole first half of the thread defending the right of 'kids' to engage in their culture, while we were watching effigies of the recently deceased and still living being burned as well as flags and symbols.

The guy is away with the fairies in terms of self awareness.

That’s something you made up to make you feel better. Rory would never make team GB?!! Paddy Barnes? Michael conlan? All Olympic medalists!

You despise the flag Rory loves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Haha not what the FIFA world rankings would suggest lol. You do live in FrancieLand
    Or the UEFA rankings?

Facts don’t lie. Over 30 years since your team was there and got to one play off since to get there. We have very good underage players coming through after a leaner period but that happens all countries. The north did well to get to last euros but much easier to qualify for.

Yes such as Armaghlad’s excellent post. I’ll quote it again in case anyone(timthumbroi)missed it:

’m not from Derry Tim, but then again I’m not going to hold them responsible for the lack of investment, the decades of gerrymandering, the border imposed separating their city from it’s hinterland, the closed railway and general economic isolation. I think that’s something the state could possibly look at.

Out today in local paper a memo that was done in the 70s from the government of Britain saying to let the no go areas of Derry to rot away. The unionist leadership of northern Ireland were already doing that

You despise the flag Rory loves

But he ultimately chose the tricolour. In fact his interview was quite revealing where he stated the Olympics made him think about who he really was.

So your argument about the better athletes choosing GB is actually a fiction. Glad we agree.

I don’t despise any flag but that’s just lashing out on your behalf as your limited knowledge has been shown up again. In fact its who you who denigrate our anthem and language. Down here I have never seen or heard anyone burn any flag. We have good relations with our neighbours in a thriving open economy.

• Advertisement

This.

He spent the whole first half of the thread defending the right of 'kids' to engage in their culture, while we were watching effigies of the recently deceased and still living being burned as well as flags and symbols.

The guy is away with the fairies in terms of self awareness.

So tell me specifically something I defended loyalists doing yet said nationalists shouldn’t do. Which was the accusation made against me.

Advertisement