Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Collins Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

200 going, we can always hope.

He won't be going anywhere till retirement age. The RTE Gold avenue has now been shut off. He'll stick it out till the end.

Anyway, I've no issue with Ronan . As I said before it's a grand oasis from current affairs.

The whole RTE Radio 1 schedule has run its course. The current format was done by Anna Leddy over 10 years ago. It's time to do something different with it.

Set in stone.

Morning Ireland

Tubbs

SOR Soon retiring

Ronan

News

Duffy

Darcy

Wilson

Arty Farty sh1te

John Ceeedon.

Random stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,867 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ronan continuing his annual tradition of playing different cover versions of ‘O Holy Night’.

When will he get to this one... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I see Ronan will be doing the showband tour for all of January and some of Feb...So presuming he will be away from the radio show?...Hopefully Radio 1 will get a proper stand in presenter and not the bland Michael Cahill or Ciara, Keith from 2FM or someone looking for shout outs on "twidder" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Ronan did a superb job on his show today with a lovely tribute to Larry, excellent music and well chosen words in what must have been difficult circumstances. Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RINO87

Just listened to Ronan's show from yesterday there myself. A great tribute. Lovely hour of radio.

• Advertisement

Who's the female covering for Ronan this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,867 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Who's the female covering for Ronan this week?

Una Healy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Una Healy

I just turned on the wireless and clearly it’s not Ronan but I was wondering who it was. In fairness she hasn’t lost the accent which is nice to see.

This is meant as a compliment but may not come across as one but she’s doing a good job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Breath of fresh air.......none of the usual auld up down patter.

Badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Nope.

She’s trying hard but not really working for me.

Music choice is pretty poor for the age profile of the average listener.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Nope.

She’s trying hard but not really working for me.

Music choice is pretty poor for the age profile of the average listener.

Ah let’s give her a week to see how she does. Not a bad start IMO.

Bright ,lively, fast moving, different type of music.... thumbs up from the Bren.

she has the uk/Irish accent when she's on TV???...sounds like it's magically disappeared!!!

why do RTE feel that they need a non radio /celebrity person to fill in on these shows!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

FFS! The amount of proper experienced radio people that are in RTE, and in the regions that could do with the gig and we get landed with the former mediorce pop star!!!

Well I thought she did well for a first outing. I like Ronan and his easy way he has; Una was a good choice. And she didn’t take it over and make it all-about-her. I look forward to the rest of her week.

FFS! The amount of proper experienced radio people that are in RTE, and in the regions that could do with the gig and we get landed with the former mediorce pop star!!!

You would think with the financial state of RTE, that RTE would get staffers to fill in on such shows, instead of paying more Contractors!!!

You would think with the financial state of RTE, that RTE would get staffers to fill in on such shows, instead of paying more Contractors!!!

They’re too busy dancing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

According to an article on buzz.ie, Ronan's contract expires later this year and Una is rumoured to be replacing him permamently.

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/una-healy-is-filling-in-for-ronan-collins-this-week-on-rte-radio-one-356765?fbclid=IwAR3VcwUSQwhOL6peEllgRDTW7vSGtZDaNOaHHEszSB3Iykm6JKaoQExmIbU

Red Fred wrote: »
    According to an article on buzz.ie, Ronan's contract expires later this year and Una is rumoured to be replacing him permamently.

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/una-healy-is-filling-in-for-ronan-collins-this-week-on-rte-radio-one-356765?fbclid=IwAR3VcwUSQwhOL6peEllgRDTW7vSGtZDaNOaHHEszSB3Iykm6JKaoQExmIbU

Good move, that slot needs a bit of a shake up.

• Advertisement

RTE can just renew Ronan's contract. The problem with radio today is when non presenter celebrities replace radio presenters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If that's the case I'm out.

"There's a move towards putting famous TV faces on radio, like the hiring of Brendan O'Connor to take over Marian Finucane's old slots."

Hahahah! Who writes this crap?!!?

Good move, that slot needs a bit of a shake up.

Rick O'Shea (if he would go back to his real name) would be perfect in that slot or Will Leahy, Lorcan Murray, Aidan Leonard or any of the former 2FM old guard. Experienced radio presenters are a plenty. At this rate they might as well give it to Lottie Ryan!

It looks like Una is here to stay. Tubbs gave her a plug this morning and welcomed her to "the fun factory". There was also an ad for her during SOR.

That never happened with any of the other "stand ins" in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Wouldn't Una Healy be more suited to 2fm? Actually she's about the same age as most of the female daytime 2fm djs

Long_Wave wrote: »
    Wouldn't Una Healy be more suited to 2fm? Actually she's about the same age as most of the female daytime 2fm djs

Looks like they're going for a younger audience. The Frank Sinatra and Deano brigade won't last forever.

Rick O'Shea (if he would go back to his real name) would be perfect in that slot or Will Leahy, Lorcan Murray, Aidan Leonard or any of the former 2FM old guard. Experienced radio presenters are a plenty. At this rate they might as well give it to Lottie Ryan!

Agreed. this Healy one is wholly unsiitable for this slot. Stand in's lately on Radio 1 music shows have been terrible choices. Like I said I thought RTE were strapped for cash..get an RTE staffer to take that slot if Ronan is hanging up his headphones

sligojoek wrote: »
    It looks like Una is here to stay. Tubbs gave her a plug this morning and welcomed her to "the fun factory". There was also an ad for her during SOR.

That never happened with any of the other "stand ins" in the past.

About time they got sense Joe, the Swingtime Aces era is long gone.

The auld Roseland Ballroom in Moate doesn’t get the mineral bottles clinking too much these days.

Time to move on, I would suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

With Sean O'Rourke due to retire this year, perhaps RTE wiii do a radical shake up of radio one?

Advertisement