Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Collins Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The Radio 1 recommends list songs are awful, sounds like iRadio or 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Nah, moving away from the same up- down-up worn out brown patter that has been there for the last thirty years.

It is time...
    It sure is. It has been time for a VERY long time...........

If I were in charge of RTE Radio...................(don't get me started :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

bureau2009 wrote: »
    It sure is. It has been time for a VERY long time...........

If I were in charge of RTE Radio...................(don't get me started :mad:)

What’s he flogging now ?

Phil Collins who is too debilitated to play the drums?

Tom Jones near the eighties?

Neil Diamond.... performing from a gurney?

It is time....... Freebie for Aiken promotions

Time to wrap this one up Desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What’s he flogging now ?

He plays an eclectic mix of music across all genres and time periods. You don't have to like it but many, many listeners do. I don't like all the songs he plays but it's a lovely experience when a song I haven't heard in decades, never mind years, comes on.

Una Healy was very....meh, to my mind. It just seemed to be songs from the 80s and 90s, all from the charts on TOTP. Some will like it, some won't. I wouldn't be anxious to tune in to her show if she was on permanently if the music played the few times I was listening was going to be the staple.

He plays an eclectic mix of music across all genres and time periods. You don't have to like it but many, many listeners do. I don't like all the songs he plays but it's a lovely experience when a song I haven't heard in decades, never mind years, comes on.

Una Healy was very....meh, to my mind. It just seemed to be songs from the 80s and 90s, all from the charts on TOTP. Some will like it, some won't. I wouldn't be anxious to tune in to her show if she was on permanently if the music played the few times I was listening was going to be the staple.

Eh.... right Buford, I understand that, but for Jaysus sake .....Aiken Promotions play list, same auld patter, artists into their seventies trying to suck as much moolah out of their last throw, or third last throw of the dice.

Not dissing your choice, but Jaysus can we shake things up a bit.

Whole show is like a dark brown crusty stale pie which has heated up about a thousand times.

Let’s move on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

What’s he flogging now ?

He played ABC's Look of Love today. That's a change!

tampopo wrote: »

Not what he plays,tamp, it’s how.....

Stale,bro, very stale... Aiken has more input into RTE than Lise Hand.

And that’s saying something.. who’s running the kip one has to ask.

There's clearly an agenda running here. Leave Ronan alone. If you don't like him, well, don't listen to him

There's clearly an agenda running here. Leave Ronan alone. If you don't like him, well, don't listen to him

There’s no agenda as far as I am concerned, I just feel this format and patter has long long run it’s course.

Nothing personal, nothing hidden, just feel that it’s time to freshen up that slot and get away from the Aiken promotions stable of ‘comeback kings’ some for the third or fourth comeback.

Time for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Not what he plays,tamp, it’s how.....

Stale,bro, very stale... Aiken has more input into RTE than Lise Hand.

And that’s saying something.. who’s running the kip one has to ask.

He seems to have lots of devoted listeners judging by the requests. I enjoy him, and the show, he’s professional and it flows. Leave it be I say.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    He seems to have lots of devoted listeners judging by the requests. I enjoy him, and the show, he’s professional and it flows. Leave it be I say.

And that’s your opinion and perfectly entitled to it.

I think the slot needs to be freshened and shaken up, exact same format and patter for I would guess, 20 years, but that’s only me, it’s only an opinion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

tampopo wrote: »

I was actually 'Poison Arrow'

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭bureau2009

But this is National radio.

And RTE have a duty and responsibility to put on the best possible show with the best possible presenter.

They are failing to do so.

And RTE have a duty and responsibility to put on the best possible show with the best possible presenter.

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You're stating that as if it were a fact.

It isn't, it's just your opinion.

There are plenty of veteran radio DJs on prime time weekend and weekday BBC Radio 2 ..no reason why we cant keep some of our ones on the national station.
    There are plenty of fresh voices on RTE Radio 1's music driven shows already...too many in my opinion and not up to the solid standards of Ronan Collins.

There are plenty of veteran radio DJs on prime time weekend and weekday BBC Radio 2 ..no reason why we cant keep some of our ones on the national station.
    There are plenty of fresh voices on RTE Radio 1's music driven shows already...too many in my opinion and not up to the solid standards of Ronan Collins.

Fresh voices on Radio 1’s music driven shows.

Between 0700 and 2300..... surely not.

Do explain...

Fresh voices on Radio 1’s music driven shows.

Between 0700 and 2300..... surely not.

Do explain...

I meant on the station in general..there are new voices or those that joined in last few years doing music shows. I
    was using BBC Radio 2 as a comparison of a station with veterans such as Ken Bruce, Steve Wright, Johnny Walker in prime time slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Very poignant track from Kenny Rogers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

Lucky enough to be able to work from home and really enjoying Ronan the last few days. I know one of the complaints is that the show has been same old same old for years, but listening really reminds me of coming home from school and helping my late dad out with the dinner.

RINO87 wrote: »
    Lucky enough to be able to work from home and really enjoying Ronan the last few days. I know one of the complaints is that the show has been same old same old for years, but listening really reminds me of coming home from school and helping my late dad out with the dinner.

:rolleyes:

That’s what I’m up against.

Better hope the work from home won’t last too long.:eek:

RINO87 wrote: »

If it’s not broken, why fix it.

If it’s not broken, why fix it.

Wait till I go out and yoke up the pony and trap, Mary;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Wait till I go out and yoke up the pony and trap Mary;)

Why do you want to trap Mary?

Brian Scan wrote: »

Happy now?

Two hours of it today.........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Looking forward to the show already. I have an alarm set to remind me.

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »

Ohhh, Matron!

Advertisement