Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Headshot wrote: »
    Guys im trying to find the Perth Glory v Man utd friendly match on Paddy Power website but cannot find it. Can anyone else see it?

The match is on tomorrow at 12

It's there alright, go to tournaments and it's under friendly matches. KO 11:30 on pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's there alright, go to tournaments and it's under friendly matches. KO 11:30 on pp

they must of just added it.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yep cheers. Returned €195 on a €12 stake. Every USA attack after their second goal was agony for me.:p

Btw, I backed Richarlison to miss the penalty as cover. Anyone know what would have happened to my bet if the pen was cancelled after VAR review?

What do you mean exactly?
    What happens re var and penalties is that the final outcome applies. For example, if you back missed pen in game at say 9/1, if pen is taken and missed, but then retaken (var decision) and scored, the miss doesn't count, only the final outcome. Essentially it's like any other rule, if a goal is ruled offside, it doesn't count, so why would something which var deems to be outside the rules count.
    Hope that makes sense, but I can verify from painful experience (backed pen to be missed which was retaken) that's how the rules are being applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly?
    What happens re var and penalties is that the final outcome applies. For example, if you back missed pen in game at say 9/1, if pen is taken and missed, but then retaken (var decision) and scored, the miss doesn't count, only the final outcome. Essentially it's like any other rule, if a goal is ruled offside, it doesn't count, so why would something which var deems to be outside the rules count.
    Hope that makes sense, but I can verify from painful experience (backed pen to be missed which was retaken) that's how the rules are being applied.

Cheers. I meant if the peno is awarded, I bet on miss, then the award is canceled after VAR review. Just checking as a previous poster confirmed that I'd get my stake back.

Anyway I've stuck a few quid on Mahrez to be Afcon top scorer @10/1. Have barely watched any of the tournament so I don't even know if he's sure to start but he's only one off the top so you'd think he has a decent chance of tying at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Cheers. I meant if the peno is awarded, I bet on miss, then the award is canceled after VAR review. Just checking as a previous poster confirmed that I'd get my stake back.

Anyway I've stuck a few quid on Mahrez to be Afcon top scorer @10/1. Have barely watched any of the tournament so I don't even know if he's sure to start but he's only one off the top so you'd think he has a decent chance of tying at least.

Ah yeah, my bet was pre game for a pen to be missed.
    I've also been backing both teams to miss a pen in var games, esp women's world cup and copa America, as it took a while for oddsmakers to factor in the var factor - by the latter stages of wwwc all penno bets were slashed to unbackable levels. I left the African cup of nations out as var was only to be used from quarters, came up yesterday at 250/1!!
    Worth keeping an eye on when prem league kicks off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have backed Egypt & Senegal consistently throughout the AFCON, and although Algeria beat them in the group stage, I will continue the trend tonight by backing Senegal to win.

Senegal to win in 90 mins is 9/5 with Algeria also 9/5

Senegal have won a lot of games late: 1/2 final was 1-0 AET, the 1/4 was 1-0, round of 16 was 1-0.
    Algeria also won the 1/2 late, 95th min free kick to win 2-1, 1/4 was on pens after a 1-1 draw, round of 16 they won 3-0.
    Senegal prefer 1-0s, whereas Algeria prefer goals.

I was going to back Senegal & under 2.5 goals, but Koulibaly is missing for Senegal so may go for Senegal and over 2.5 at 5/1 instead.

Bit on Algeria on pens @ 10/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I see psv are in alot of specials around different books tonight could be quite telling as after a bit of digging into pre season reports they have looked a long way from back to fitness and sharpness de jong has left and lozano unlikely to start. Basel already started their season last week scoring 4 so i'm looking at a few basel based bets

Basel win 9/2
    Basel +1 13/10
    Basel double chance and btts 12/5

I see psv are in alot of specials around different books tonight could be quite telling as after a bit of digging into pre season reports they have looked a long way from back to fitness and sharpness de jong has left and lozano unlikely to start. Basel already started their season last week scoring 4 so i'm looking at a few basel based bets

Basel win 9/2
    Basel +1 13/10

Lozano bergwin bruma all start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If you look for a Basel AGS. VAn Wolfswinkel.
    And if available anywhere: card for Luckassen (PSV)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Basel win 9/2
    Basel +1 13/10
    robbed

Quick opportunity on pp fellas Sheffield United reserves are playing away to matlock town tonight but they have said they are giving new signings a run out which will include Henderson ravel morrison and mousset.

Ht/ft is 4/7
    -2 is 7/5

Doubt it will last long I've jumped on both

Quick opportunity on pp fellas Sheffield United reserves are playing away to matlock town tonight but they have said they are giving new signings a run out which will include Henderson ravel morrison and mousset.

Ht/ft is 4/7
    -2 is 7/5

Doubt it will last long I've jumped on both

3-0 not as comfortable as expected but 2 winners none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Rovers, Wolves and Rangers all to win @ 11/1 on Paddy Power.
    Rovers probably the most likely not to get the win, although they won in the home leg.

Kicking off the season with the Sporting Life acca: Swansea, Stoke, Peterborough, Carlisle

Missed it last night and of course it landed. A header and a goal from outside the box in salford game 6/1.

Treble of
    Brentford
    Stoke
    Forest green
    4.7/1

Btts
    Swansea
    Lincoln
    Crewe
    4.1/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 m8psuvw2gfkan3

BTTS Yes @ 1.33
    New England Revolution v Los Angeles FC - Both Teams To Score

BTTS Yes @ 1.53
    Colorado Rapids v Montreal Impact - Both Teams To Score

BTTS No @ 1.67
    Avai v Botafogo - Both Teams To Score

Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.4
    Hacken v Sirius - Total Goals Over/Under

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So with new season I have done my lucky 15 bet. All teams to win the league Premier down to League 2

Liverpool 11/4
    Leeds 4/1
    Portsmouth 9/2
    Bradford 6/1

Also on pp did Fulham Blackburn and stoke all to win 7/1

Fulham Brentford 3/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Not a bad but just glad to see more than one post per week already in this thread!

May all yer bets be winning ones!

• Advertisement

11s is a little skinny but the best I can find for the annual no cards bet in the community shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Guffy

11s is a little skinny but the best I can find for the annual no cards bet in the community shield

Have it myself at 14s on ladbrokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool v Norwich.

Norwich had a poor defence last year in Championship, think it was the 8th worst in the division. They are missing 2 centre backs tonight as far as I know.

Salah should have had a hat trick against City last Sunday. He had more shots that City as a team! Hit the post, another cleaned off the line.

Liverpool haven't lost at home in 2 seasons in the league.

Liverpool to win both halves, Salah to score 2+ 6/1 on PP. Money back if Salah scores at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Spurs v Villa

Villa +2 5/6
    Villa +1 23/10 1/2 stake

With Ali, Son and Sessognon out and doubts over Ben Davis and Wanyama and a cloud hanging over Eriksson, throw in Kane’s usual slow start to the season it could be a good time to play spurs and Villa look overpriced imo.

GL

All 3pm championship games to be over 1.5. 20/1

Weekend accas:
    Watford, BTTS in Bournemouth game, Arsenal BTTS
    Derby/Hull/West Brom/Fulham

Mansfield
    Fulham
    Pompey and over 1.5
    Bournemouth and over 1.5
    14/1

Btts Acca
    Watford Brighton
    Derby Swansea
    Oxford peterboro
    Swindon carlisle
    8.5/1

Double on Arsenal/BTTS and draw/BTTS in the United game. Also putting on record that I fancy for Maguire for MOTM in the latter but neither of my bookmakers offer that market:)

Auba to score anytime arsenal win 1-0 2-0 or 2-1 11/2

• Advertisement

A header and a goal from outside the box in Leicester vs wolves 7/1

Advertisement