Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had a level 72 Siren near the start of a TVHM run (don't know how) and ran through it one shotting just about everything with a pistol to get to UVHM. First enemy encounter in UVHM mode and died. The jump in difficulty is insane. It's kind of weird they have TVHM at all tbh. Really enjoying the siren as an alternative to the gunzerker. Always liked Maya. Could never really get into the others, even Zero.

Spent hours trying to get a sham shield with my OP2 character. Finally got one and it has 91% absorb chance. It was the highlight of my Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had a level 72 Siren near the start of a TVHM run (don't know how) and ran through it one shotting just about everything with a pistol to get to UVHM. First enemy encounter in UVHM mode and died. The jump in difficulty is insane. It's kind of weird they have TVHM at all tbh. Really enjoying the siren as an alternative to the gunzerker. Always liked Maya. Could never really get into the others, even Zero.

Spent hours trying to get a sham shield with my OP2 character. Finally got one and it has 91% absorb chance. It was the highlight of my Sunday.

The jump is massive! Same enemies in UVHM at your level will drop like flies, but they get out of hand in TVHM. It also doesnt help when someone jumps in to your game, spawns enemies that are of course tougher than they should be, and usually a few levels higher to match their level, and then they leave..

Doing the captain scarlett missions, have to kill her 2 liutenants or whoever they are at the lighthouse, I'm a level 65 Axton. Had a level 68 Siren join and as soon as they spawned and downed her, she quit, and i'm stuck with 2 level 68 enemies with regenerating shields....
    I've lost so much money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Enemies in TVHM are capped at Lvl50-52 I think. Once you hit UVHM they automatically scale to your level.

Normal Mode should get you from Level 1-35 (approx). TVHM from 35-50, and UVHM is everything after that. One handy exploit of this I've found is when you want to farm some bosses (say The Warrior or Bunker), you can switch to Normal mode, run through the areas leading to it (eg. Hero's Pass for The Warrior or Thousand Cuts for Bunker), then quit, save and reload in UVHM, putting you in the same place you had quit. The enemies can't even do enough damage to you in Normal Mode to deplete your shields never mind put you in FFYL. Though loot is capped in Normal and TVHM so no point farming there.

I got to Lvl 73 last night farming the Mercenary Day train. Didn't realise they raised the level cap again, thought it maxed at Lvl72. Decided to try a glitch/exploit I've read about for Sal where you use a Pimpernel sniper rifle and an empty rocket launcher (by using Money Shot) to do huge damage against raid bosses. Tried it quickly on Hyperius and Pyro Pete but didn't go well on either. Did a good bit of damage, but not as much as I've seen others do so need to change up my rocket launcher, relic and shield I think.

Was using a level 74 DPUH with the gunzerker and farmed an OP2 one over the weekend that does three times the damage. The 74 one was good enough (I'd also got a pretty good Chaotic Monk mod) and I'd used it to kill Pyro Pete but my damage went to stupid levels with the new one.

Really hope 3 kills it. Watched a video about why the pre-sequel wasn't as good as 2 and the youtuber put it largely down to marketing. I don't know if this is it but 2 is certainly streets ahead of anything else they did, imo.

Really hope 3 kills it. Watched a video about why the pre-sequel wasn't as good as 2 and the youtuber put it largely down to marketing. I don't know if this is it but 2 is certainly streets ahead of anything else they did, imo.

I wouldn't have put it down to marketing. For anyone who liked Borderlands 2 all they needed to know was "more Borderlands" and they'd have bought it.

For me the main issues with TPS was just everything felt so bland. Enemy design, level design, mission design, characters, story... plus traversal around the bigger maps was awful due to poor map design. The laser weapons were largely useless, cryo was better than slag against enemies but worse when you were hit with it, and the humour and character likability just wasn't there.

It was fairly enjoyable to play, and it did introduce some nice features like the buttslam. But it never kept me coming back like BL2 did.

Checked out some videos on how to beat Master Gee with the gate exploit (instantly kills him), so going to try that a few times tonight to get an Ahab launcher.

I know it's almost cheating using things like this gate cheat, and the pimpernel/ahab for other raid bosses, but dammit I've put about 1000 hours in BL2 so I've earned the right to cheat! Besides I've already cheated so, so much in the game before anyway, from the Infinity pistol cheat, the Leviathan loot room cheat, cheesing Pyro Pete from the rim of the arena...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah, Steve... Best Borderlands character not named Mister Torgue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Penn wrote: »
    Ah, Steve... Best Borderlands character not named Mister TorgueTiny Tina.
    Fixed your typing mistake there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

It is worth re-playing the pre sequel just for Tiny Tinas commentary.

• Advertisement

Yester wrote: »
    It is worth re-playing the pre sequel just for Tiny Tinas commentary.

Forgot about that. That was actually a really great touch :D

I nearly wouldn't mind giving TPS another go. I checked a few days ago and had an Athena on about Lvl34 and a Jack at maybe Lvl31. Athena was on TVHM. I did play a bit of it with Athena but the next main story mission is Lvl37 and it really felt like a chore to do some side missions to try level up that much so I went back to BL2.

Checked out some videos on how to beat Master Gee with the gate exploit (instantly kills him), so going to try that a few times tonight to get an Ahab launcher.

I know it's almost cheating using things like this gate cheat, and the pimpernel/ahab for other raid bosses, but dammit I've put about 1000 hours in BL2 so I've earned the right to cheat! Besides I've already cheated so, so much in the game before anyway, from the Infinity pistol cheat, the Leviathan loot room cheat, cheesing Pyro Pete from the rim of the arena...

God damn it...

Went to do Master Gee exploit. Can't fight MG because I never beat Hyperius on UVHM yet. Tried Hyperius a few times using a few different strategies, didn't go well. Especially since I've now outlevelled my DPUHs and Bee Shield,meaning I'd have to farm them again.

Think at this stage I might bow out again. Still never played Days Gone, Detroit is now on PS+, and it'll not be long before BL3 so don't want to be burned out on the gameplay before BL3 comes out.

So turns out I'm a dirty f*cking liar. Kept going with BL2. Managed to farm the right class mod and a close enough rocket launcher to be able to use the pimpernel exploit effectively. Took down Terramorphus, Hyperius, Haderax and the Ancient Dragons last night. Couldn't get Master Gee as my singularity grenade didn't have enough of a blast radius to pull him in enough (and the pimpernel exploit still doesn't scratch him). Also never actually did the Hammerlock DLC with this character so can't get the raid boss from it.

Still though. An itch has finally been scratched. Might try crawmerax next as never played that DLC either.

Switched to The Pre-Sequel for a bit. Decided to do the Claptastic Voyage DLC on Normal (as my Athena was only Level 35). Played it before on another save but really enjoying it, almost up there with the Tiny Tina DLC from BL2. Stuck on final boss though, forgot what a piece of sh*t he is. Have now run out of money to buy ammo so going to have to switch to TVHM, earn money (and maybe some better weapons) then try go at him again.

F*ck I can't wait for BL3 now.

I think I got to the final boss when I gave up. I seem to remember thinking fup this shi*
    I'm heavily invested in BL2 at the moment. Have the Siren on OP3 and should get the Gunzerker there too easy enough. Digistruct Peak isn't too bad it's just the no respawn and surveyors that are the problem, so far.

I think I got to the final boss when I gave up. I seem to remember thinking fup this shi*
    I'm heavily invested in BL2 at the moment. Have the Siren on OP3 and should get the Gunzerker there too easy enough. Digistruct Peak isn't too bad it's just the no respawn and surveyors that are the problem, so far.

I tried Digistruct Peak with Sal using the Effervescent weapons you get from killing Haderax (the shock assault rifle, shield and relic). Have to admit, it was making it a walk in the park.

Until I killed a marauder very close to me, the blast from the rifle put me in FFYL (a very long FFYL due to the relic and shield bonuses), and there were no enemies to get a second wind. Crawled for absolutely ages due to the long FFYL, finally saw an enemy start to appear right when FFYL ended and threw me back to the start. Gave up after that.

I've gotten close to beating EOS, but I went a bit too gung-ho in trying to finish the fight quickly and hoping I finish it even if I went into FFYL, but he gets me every time. I have a decent enough system and weapons for the most part, it's just that last stage where he throws out the spinning lasers on the floor that just force me out of hiding spots and eat my health.

EOS beat on first try tonight. Enjoyed the ending too. Hadn't seen it before as I never beat EOS when the DLC was originally released.

Think that's me done with the series until BL3 comes out. Even reset my UVHM on BL2 last week as I'd planned to do a quick run through of the story mode, but just lost interest in it.

Time to move on to something else. See ye in September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I beat him before a few years ago. Went back to look at my unlocked achievements and it was there. Can't remember if it was difficult or not, probably was. I remember some boss in the pre-sequel that was pretty difficult and can't remember if it was the main story or the guy you are talking about in DLC.

• Advertisement

I beat him before a few years ago. Went back to look at my unlocked achievements and it was there. Can't remember if it was difficult or not, probably was. I remember some boss in the pre-sequel that was pretty difficult and can't remember if it was the main story or the guy you are talking about in DLC.

The final boss in the main game was far too easy, to the point where a higher HP version of it becomes the raid boss once you've completed it and I beat it first time solo before playing the DLC even with fairly basic weapons. There was a tricky enough boss fight in the main game of TPS, a flying ship like Bunker from BL2 but in an area with jump pads and stuff. That one f*cked me up a lot when the game first came out.

The final boss of the DLC is a killer though. People think because there were complaints the final boss in the main game was too easy, they made the DLC boss harder. Doesn't help there's three stages to the fight too (though thankfully once you beat a stage you don't have to do it again if you die on a later stage).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm liking the look of Moze or Zane. I almost always go with the commando route so i'll probably do the first playthrough with Moze.

That makes me happy! Can't wait.

I'm liking the look of Moze or Zane. I almost always go with the commando route so i'll probably do the first playthrough with Moze.

My heart is saying Amara as it looks like she's the more tank-y option for solo play, but Zane could definitely be an interesting shout. Will have to check out more of his skills.

I'm not going with a pet skag anyway.

• Advertisement

Googles "Is there a siren in borderlands 3"
    Amara the Siren is one of the playa.....
    Choice made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

One thing that gives me hope that i can finally get into a borderlands game is that i keep seeing people say they have improved the gunplay loads for this one.

I always felt the older games were a bit clunky and not snappy in the aiming department,like theres some form of assist,acceleration or input lag issue. Could never really nail down what it was.

A guy that writes for forbes that usually covers destiny 2 has done some write ups and says hes quite happy how it handles so thats really good in my book as i find him to usually be spot on for me.

In any of the proper gameplay I've seen of it so far the movement and shooting stood out most. They really do look to be much improved.

In any of the proper gameplay I've seen of it so far the movement and shooting stood out most. They really do look to be much improved.

The climbing ability is what I'm most looking forward to. So often stuck trying to jump up to a small ledge you know there might be a chest on or something, or even just trying to get to cover. Plus a variation of the slamming from The Pre-Sequel is back which was always fun.

Anyone else sign up and use the borderlands VIP program? https://borderlands.com/en-US/

Got a toothpick and hot mama out of it from the latest DLC in BL2, and a Mongol rocket launcher from it from the main game so far.

For pissing about a bit in work, its easy enough to gain points and get the stuff you want.

• Advertisement

Anyone else sign up and use the borderlands VIP program? https://borderlands.com/en-US/

Got a toothpick and hot mama out of it from the latest DLC in BL2, and a Mongol rocket launcher from it from the main game so far.

For pissing about a bit in work, its easy enough to gain points and get the stuff you want.

Yeah I’ve signed up too, I’ve all the videos watched along with articles visited. Only thing I don’t like is that you have to watch the videos from the site itself, you can’t just connect borderlands to YouTube account so if you watch it in YouTube it automatically gets marked as watched in VIP rewards

Deluxe edition Bonus DLC

retro-small.jpg

neon-small.jpg

gearbox-small.jpg

toy-small.jpg

Super Deluxe Edition which includes all Deluxe Edition Bonuses along with
    • 4 campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
    • Butt Stallion weapon skin
    • Butt Stallion weapon trinket
    • Butt Stallion grenade mod

67190052_10156874631264081_1539931829304295424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQktA84k7NrbNaOS70OV9HqdzHC694VwHzdUHIeaTlU9xTbtI4vLeV8LKz62CjW4l1M&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=30dcd2926b90b0686e19be74ce6528d5&oe=5DA8BE59

Apart from the above, anyone know if there will be a bit of a bonus for having a BL2 save on your account, much like BL2 had after playing BL1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Most likely I'd say, considering they released DLC for 2 to tie into 3.

I hadn't heard anything about the weapon trinkets before. Are they one-use items or can you take them off a gun and put it on another? Do they have any use or just cosmetic?

Breakdown of Zane's three action skills and some of the additional skills in those trees

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-07-30-bl3-zane-ways-to-play/?email_address=&timestamp=1564500935&user_id=128172483&username=3f2fff60754b8758a545662783f59152f7f8abf37aff75977a5e2d3b54559f46&verified=1&sig=4a8fe699d1e1e17631004cd608bf49a1

I kinda dismissed Zane, but the Digi-clone skill could be awesome. That said, I think that Oirish accent might put me off picking him.

Dunno about him, the clone is the similar to Jacks from the presequel. I'll give him a play though, but probably wouldn't take it too seriously.

Dunno about him, the clone is the similar to Jacks from the presequel. I'll give him a play though, but probably wouldn't take it too seriously.

Yeah I'm still leaning towards Amara the Siren myself. More aimed at Solo/Tank + Siren powers which might make her a real powerhouse.

Moze and Fl4k don't really interest me too much. Zane would probably be the second one I try. Wonder do they have another two DLC characters up their sleeves though.

Also, I'm back playing TPS. I caught the Borderlands bug again and it just won't let me go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That said, I think that Oirish accent might put me off picking him.

The worst part is that he's voiced by a lad called Cian Barry... I knew I could hear the normal Irish accent in there, but he's adding the Oirish for some reason. Shame. Plus, the look of the character doesn't suit the voice.

I caught the Borerlands bug. Played through Borderlands 1 and all DLC recently and currently playing through Borderlands 2 and then all DLC. I don't know if I will replay the pre sequel as I will be burnt out after playing 1 and 2. And then 3 coming out in the not too distant future. Knowing me I probably will play the pre sequel.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Moze is a likely candidate for starting character but not a fan of tying so much to a mech that's not going to be around :/

Nody wrote: »
    Moze is a likely candidate for starting character but not a fan of tying so much to a mech that's not going to be around :/

Yeah, up until watching that i was all up for doing my first playthrough as Moze, but i think i'll wait to see what the other 2 are like before making a proper decision.

Nody wrote: »

Yeah she seems more like the Roland/Axton, but at least they were independent of their turrets whereas Moze just D-Va's into the mech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ I'll be avoiding that.

Me two. I don't like ruining games on myself.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-08-06-bl3-amara-ways-to-play/

Amara The Siren's trailer and overview of action skills

• Advertisement

After seeing the first 3 characters i'm not really sold on any of them so far. Will wait and see what FL4K is like before making the decision for my first playthrough.

Wouldnt it be hilarious if FL4K was an upgraded Claptrap with legs!

Advertisement