Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dudeeile wrote: »

Whats a gold key exactly?

is this a free game or dlc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

nix wrote: »

Bonus guns.

It's random and you could get useless guns or amazing guns who knows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nix wrote: »

There's a chest in the game that you can only open with a gold key. Each time you open it, you're guaranteed a weapon/item of at least an epic rarity (eg. usually purple, but possibly gold).

They regularly give out codes for gold keys on Twitter, sometimes even for 5 keys at a time. Just a way of giving small free rewards. Can come in handy in the early stages of the game as you're guaranteed decent enough weapons/items at or near the level you're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there was ways of getting keys without engaging with twitter. was it ranking up? I certainly had a lot of them at one point somehow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there was ways of getting keys without engaging with twitter. was it ranking up? I certainly had a lot of them at one point somehow.

That was all the codes I sent you dude ;)

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

The codes generally got reposted here a lot. I don't think you got them for levelling up, unless you maybe got them for hitting Badass ranks, can't really remember at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

AFAIK codes were released online only, you got a few for free when you started the game to tease you, but the rest were released on their site or twitter. Levelling up gives you skill points only and the badass rank only gives you the badass points to increase things a certain amount.

This may change, but i doubt it.

A few days after Troy Baker said he was disappointed he wasn't asked back to voice Rhys from TFTB in BL3, Randy Pitchford is now saying on Twitter that the audio director told him Troy turned it down.

Strange situation. Troy did say he had been in early discussions with Gearbox about returning a while back before discovering they went with someone else. I'm guessing possibly a money issue. Maybe Troy was asking for too much money so they went elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some new info lifted from an IGN article from last week:
    • The Slag effect will be replaced by a similar nuclear radiation-like 'Element’ effect
    • Local co-op has been confirmed
    • Ashly Burch will return as Tiny Tina
    • There will only be one off-hand melee weapon (but a billion guns)
    • There will be locations with a variety of sizes, but the map will be bigger than past Borderlands games
    • It will have a larger endgame than even Borderlands 2
    • Borderlands 3 will be playable offline
    • Gearbox can’t promise cross-play just yet, as "not everyone is playing well with another”
    • A companion app doesn’t appear to be planned for the game
      Weapons will have more color and skin variety compared to Borderlands 2
    • Like in The Pre-Sequel, Vault Hunters will have dialogue with the world and people around them
    • The ECHOnet 3.0 is a physical device used with every vending machine transaction and every menu transaction
    • Outside projects like the mobile Borderlands Legends won’t be developed to focus on the main game
    • Bonus detail: To move forward with development, Gearbox confirmed it won’t be making the canceled Luxy’s Space Adventure DLC for The Pre-Sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mr E wrote: »
    Some new info lifted from an IGN article from last week:
    • The Slag effect will be replaced by a similar nuclear radiation-like 'Element’ effect
    • Local co-op has been confirmed
    • Ashly Burch will return as Tiny Tina
    • There will only be one off-hand melee weapon (but a billion guns)
    • There will be locations with a variety of sizes, but the map will be bigger than past Borderlands games
    • It will have a larger endgame than even Borderlands 2
    • Borderlands 3 will be playable offline
    • Gearbox can’t promise cross-play just yet, as "not everyone is playing well with another”
    • A companion app doesn’t appear to be planned for the game
      Weapons will have more color and skin variety compared to Borderlands 2
    • Like in The Pre-Sequel, Vault Hunters will have dialogue with the world and people around them
    • The ECHOnet 3.0 is a physical device used with every vending machine transaction and every menu transaction
    • Outside projects like the mobile Borderlands Legends won’t be developed to focus on the main game
    • Bonus detail: To move forward with development, Gearbox confirmed it won’t be making the canceled Luxy’s Space Adventure DLC for The Pre-Sequel

I love Sony, but they need to pull their head out of the sand with this crossplay crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Meh, I can understand why they don't want it. I don't want it. They wanted it years ago, MS didn't, now it's the other way around and people are losing their minds over it.

Anyway, sounds like it's going to be a big game, hope it's just as entertaining in SP as the previous ones. Hate when games put too much focus on co-op/MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

I think they will finish this moment, in the past parts it was necessary to search for certain secrets for the keys. Who already has the keys I recommend to endure and open the chest on big blood, because good gear at the initial levels is not needed at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Who's voicing claptrap now?

Who's voicing claptrap now?

David Eddings left them a while ago so it's not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Never played a Borderlands before. If I was to try one before the new one is released which would be recommended - Borderlands GOTY edition or Borderlands Handsome collection?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Never played a Borderlands before. If I was to try one before the new one is released which would be recommended - Borderlands GOTY edition or Borderlands Handsome collection?

Handsome Collection. Particularly Borderlands 2. It's the best of the three, much better story and characters and it's the latest game in the series in terms of timeline so it'll fit into the story of BL3 better should you decide to play it.

You also get Borderlands The Pre-Sequel in the Handsome Collection which is worth a playthrough too if you get the chance. Not as good, but still enjoyable.

Hopefully the stream puts to rest some fears I have about the environments. They looked a bit more like Borderlands 1 than the other games and a bit samey.

Could you slide in the previous games ? Also liking the sound of alternate firing modes for guns

• Advertisement

All the spamming of "steam" in the chat. Bunch of sad ****s.

This will be the first PC game I've bought since March 2017 (when I got the switch).

Looks superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

One headline I saw read, "A Bigger, Smarter Borderlands 2". Sounds promising (assuming any accuracy can be assigned to a 5 word headline :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like more of the same but improved which isnt a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Varik wrote: »
    All the spamming of "steam" in the chat. Bunch of sad ****s.

One could argue that your labelling of people who are audibly disgruntled at PC exclusivity periods created by a company strong-arming their way in with hefty cash payments towards publishers, is you being a sad ****.

I downloaded Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS+. Have never played it before and don't really know what it's about. All I know is it's loot based. Which one is better, the "pre-sequel" or Borderlands 2? And how long is each game?

Borderlands 2 is the better game. Base game is probably 50 hours ish if you go do all side missions but then you have the different dlc so that's another 25 hours. Pre sequel is alright, that's probably around 30 hours and another 8 hours for dlc. Timings are rough estimate but you get the idea. You could easily get 100 hours with Borderlands 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Borderlands 2 is massive and easily one of the best games I've ever played. Forgiveness, late to the party myself

Advertisement