Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What new penalty point offence would you create if you could?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

AulWan wrote: »
    Stooping to insulting someone's username is so utterly childish.

Its more about being traceable in the event of an accident. But no you wouldnt want that, would you? Because once you are traceable, you can be held accountable when the fault is actually yours.

Pedestrians
    Thank you for bringing them up. Points should be deducted for avoiding those idiot pedestrians who step off the path and directly into traffic without looking left or right because they are incapable of walking from A to B without headphones and their eyes glued to their phone screens. They deserve a good whack of a fender to refocus their attention. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

fullstop wrote: »
    Idiots driving around with those ****ing stupid DRLs on the newer Clio and Hyubdai models after dark, blinding oncoming traffic and invisible to traffic behind them.
    Seeing as most of these newer cars will also have auto headlights, the owners of said vehicles have probably either accidentally, or on purpose, turned them off which makes the whole thing even more mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Yesker wrote:
    Seven points for knocking one down

What do you win if you get to 12?

Utterly hilarious I'm sure, especially for the 15 families last year that were told their father/mother/son/daughter/husband/wife was never coming back home to their family. Go you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Beeping at me when I'm using the bus lane... Outside of bus lane times.
    Lots of bus lanes only operate for 2hrs in the morn, and 2hrs in the evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

mikeecho wrote: »

Minimum is 3 hour stints.

Have some penalty points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Duckjob wrote: »
    Utterly hilarious I'm sure, especially for the 15 families last year that were told their father/mother/son/daughter/husband/wife was never coming back home to their family. Go you.

This is clearly a lighthearted thread. You probably can’t see it from up there on your high horse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

This is clearly a lighthearted thread. You probably can’t see it from up there on your high horse though.

"Let's run over cyclists with our cars" hilarious so funny light hearted lol

donvito99 wrote: »
    "Let's run over cyclists with our cars" hilarious so funny light hearted lol

Maybe the internet isn’t for you... were you “offended”?

Maybe the internet isn’t for you... were you “offended”?

Some other lad earlier asked me if he had "hit a nerve". Why can't people just engage rather than dancing around the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    In Spain, that is the legal way to navigate a roundabout!!

I had to Google it when I was in Tenerife. Couldn't figure out why there was nobody using the left lane of the roundabout.

Let's say they want to take the third exit (9 o'clock in Spain).

o They enter a roundabout in the right hand lane.

o They pass the 3 o'clock exit in the right lane.

o They pass the 12 o'clock exit still in the right hand lane.

o They make their exit at 9 o'clock from the right hand lane.

Interestingly, Portugal and France adopted our style.

What's the left lane for?

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »

Not in cork.

07.30 to 09.30
    16.30 to 18.30

You can take back those points

Not in cork.

07.30 to 09.30
    16.30 to 18.30

CJ7JhS5

You can take back those points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Pajama wearing drivers delivering kids to school.......one penalty point.

Not in cork.

07.30 to 09.30
    16.30 to 18.30

Screenshot-20190712-214205.jpg

Screenshot-20190712-214512.jpg

Lots more examples are available if you need them.

You can take back those points, and bring them to spec savers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cork? Come off it, I'm talking about real bus lanes and real traffic, not some glorified Stagecoach halt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Cyclical Apocalypse

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Pajama wearing drivers delivering kids to school.......one penalty point.

And also those parents who's kids live within walking distance of the school but still insist on dropping them to the gate 3 points and a small fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

No dude, it is every bit as hilarious as it is original. I laugh every time I hear it. Every.Single.Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Thousands of people were killed by horses last year so you can't use that phrase anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Drivers braking at every oncoming vehicle they meet - 1 point.

Drivers on the motorway who play the "overtaking game" - 2 points.

Drivers who sit in yellow boxes - 2 Points

Drivers who do not use roundabouts correctly - 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

highdef wrote: »
    What's the left lane for?

Loads of people asked that exact same question on the Spanish forum :)

The left lane of a Spanish roundabout is for:

o Making the 9 o'clock (third) exit, as long as you can safely merge back into the right lane just after the 12 o'clock (second) exit.

You can't exit from the left lane of a Spanish roundabout at the third exit... even if the exit road has two lanes. They consider that as 'cutting up'.

The official preference is to drive all around the roundabout in the right lane.

o Performing a full 360 degree turn of the roundabout. Going back where you came from. Once again, you need to filter back into the right lane between the third and fourth exits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Who in their right mind drives at 100kph on a twisty back road!?

And if it was a twisty back road it's more likely to be 80 limit. So my points go to the drivers who think 80 roads are 100. To all the drivers I meet who veer over the middle white line, or who drive in the middle of the road (where there is no white line)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Double points for taxi drivers.
    Points for displaying L plates if you are not an L driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Unnecessary hesitation at both roundabouts and green lights- drives me nuts. Some dithering idiots aren’t happy unless they either come to a compete stop at either. Totally inefficient use of road space and time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

road_high wrote: »
    Unnecessary hesitation at both roundabouts and green lights- drives me nuts. Some dithering idiots aren’t happy unless they either come to a compete stop at either. Totally inefficient use of road space and time

It's necessary hesitation - these drivers are only ever looking 5-10 feet in front of them..."oh look, we're at a roundabout".

Why can't we just bring in anyone caught on the phone gets it confiscated there and then?

Bring in driver ed in schools

Double points for CPC drivers not indicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

People that don't park their cars properly.
    I'd give 6 points to those ****ers.
    I live in a small town and outside the local bank there's space for 3 cars. There's a gym beside it (more a personal studio for women) and every goddamn day there's 2 cards taking up the entire spot. The first person is grand, she parks her card in the first car space but the second bitch dumps her car in the middle, Now there are not markings but you have to be a serious cvnt to not look at where you're parking your car and thinking its ok to part it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I frequently travel a route that has a bus lane that operates from 07:30 - 09:30 and 16:30 - 18:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

anyone who sees Shane Ross and fails to run him over should get 6 points.

anyone who sees Shane Ross and fails to run him over should get 6 points.

Sorry, there’s no humor allowed in this thread anymore.

Sorry, there’s no humor allowed in this thread anymore.

Youve already said that in this thread, and you weren't funny the first time either.

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    Youve already said that in this thread, and you weren't funny the first time either.

I was just checking to see if you were still here.

Advertisement