Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ouch I've 4 Dutch, 3 French, 1 Sweden... eliminated. I'm sitting in 43065 place over all at the minute but will likely drop fast now :o.

I still have a limitless wild card left so that's something I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

CSF wrote: »
    Owning Sterling and Pickford wasn’t the wild celebration that you might think

yeah I avoided them as thought the Germany game would be tough but now I'm wishing i'd gambled on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

I was 14030 overall and hoping to hold on to the Wild Card but extra time in that SWE/UKR game has changed that. The only positive is everyone seems to score pretty low.

Difficult to call Friday's games.

SUI V ESP
    BEL V ITA

Saturday's you'd probably be looking at Denmark and England.

CZE V DEN
    UKR V ENG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've six players left, two didn't start the last game and another one is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pretty much my entire team was eliminated in the last 16, so thankfully I always planned on using my wildcard ahead of the quarters.

Loaded up on England and Spain, few Italians in there too and a couple of Danes. Can’t possibly do any worse than the previous round.

• Advertisement

I put together a starting eleven including De Bruyne but I have Højbjerg in reserve on the bench. Going to hope for upsets and keep the WC until the next round.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Anyone got a lend of a wildcard going?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Cobbled this team together for a minus 4

Donnaruma
    Spinazolla Maehle Torres
    Sterling Saribia Beradi Damsgaard
    Lukaku Morata Schick

Bench: KDB and 3 duds

(Transfers in: Morata Schick Saribia Sterling)

I’d say Beradi will probably only come on as a sub towards the end of the game. We will get to see the Spain lineup so will check first if Morata and Saribia start.

Somewhat tempted by Kane but fancy Morata to get more points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Cobbled this team together for a minus 4

Donnaruma
    Spinazolla Maehle Torres
    Sterling Saribia Beradi Damsgaard
    Lukaku Morata Schick

Bench: KDB and 3 duds

(Transfers in: Morata Schick Saribia Sterling)

I’d say Beradi will probably only come on as a sub towards the end of the game. We will get to see the Spain lineup so will check first if Morata and Saribia start.

Somewhat tempted by Kane but fancy Morata to get more points

Not far off my team. Initial wildcard is:

Donnarumma Pickford
    P. Torres Laporte Maehle Spinazzola Bonucci
    Sterling Damsgaard Shaqiri Yarmolenko Sarabia
    Kane Morata Schick

Can't see that being the final draft. Lack of Belgium a problem for a start!

claw wrote: »
    Not far off my team. Initial wildcard is:

Donnarumma Pickford
    P. Torres Laporte Maehle Spinazzola Bonucci
    Sterling Damsgaard Shaqiri Yarmolenko Sarabia
    Kane Morata Schick

Can't see that being the final draft. Lack of Belgium a problem for a start!

Yeah, I’m already thinking of changing my proposed frontline now to

Lukaku Morata Kane

On your lack of Belgium-that game is hard to call and with both KDB and Hazarad likely to be out, I’d say you are safe enough without any. Can’t see Italy conceding too many to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

dasdog wrote: »
    I put together a starting eleven including De Bruyne but I have Højbjerg in reserve on the bench. Going to hope for upsets and keep the WC until the next round.

Bear in mind that you get 5 free transfers in the next round before the semis and then another 5 free transfers before the final. Depending on your team saving a WC now could be less valuable given that everyone has 10 free transfers to sort the team out if there are any upsets.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Bear in mind that you get 5 free transfers in the next round before the semis and then another 5 free transfers before the final. Depending on your team saving a WC now could be less valuable given that everyone has 10 free transfers to sort the team out if there are any upsets.

Yep and it could all change when the lineups are announced for Spain v Switzerland as I've two likely non-starters for the former. I'll pick a fallback WC team ready to go after 4pm depending on Luis Enrique's choices and news from Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I have the limitless chip left. Can I make 3 transfers for free and have them for the week after? I guess not if it’s like FPL and the free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭jaykay74

For my wildcard I plan to have 5 Spanish to take advantage of team news. 4/5 English that have played most games and then maybe 2/3 Italian/Danes. Roughly that kind of split. No Czech, Swiss, Ukraine. Or Belgian unless maybe Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,946 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm 1102 in the world but eh unfortunately I only have 7 players left in it (thankfully they all look like starting) so even with 3 transfers I'm about to go south.

No remaining chips, and none of my 7 players play against each other (my 3 signings are unlikely to play in opposing teams), so I could theoretically end up with 10 players left or 0 going into the semi finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wildcard
    Simon pickford
    Laporte meunier spinazolla maguire maehle
    Insigne sterling shaq damsgard soucek
    Lukaku schick morata

Trying to spread the team out over two days and not have too many from one team. Thoughts?

I have the limitless chip left. Can I make 3 transfers for free and have them for the week after? I guess not if it’s like FPL and the free hit.

Anyone know?

Any chance I can play limitless this week, make no transfers and carry over the three free transfers to next game week?

Anyone know?

Any chance I can play limitless this week, make no transfers and carry over the three free transfers to next game week?

No you can only carry a max of one transfer over

eh i dunno wrote: »
    No you can only carry a max of one transfer over

Ok thanks, and if I make two transfers now. Finalize the team and then play limitless before 6pm, will those two transfers be in my team for the semi?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wildcard
    Simon pickford
    Laporte meunier spinazolla maguire maehle
    Insigne sterling shaq damsgard soucek
    Lukaku schick morata

Trying to spread the team out over two days and not have too many from one team. Thoughts?

I had Soucek in the group stages. Same kind of luck I had with him as I had when I had in my team during the season. Never there for the points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭crushproof

Spain team is out.

Would you go with Sarabia or Torres... Or both?!

crushproof wrote: »
    Spain team is out.

Would you go with Sarabia or Torres... Or both?!

I’m going with Sarabia-it’s a close one though (my other Spanish players are P. Torres and Morata).

Planning to captain Sarabia as well

I’m going with Sarabia-it’s a close one though (my other Spanish players are P. Torres and Morata).

Planning to captain Sarabia as well

Might go all out Spain attack Sarabia Torres (c) Morata with Azpi in defence.

... Could totally backfire!

Made some last minute changes with the Spanish lineup being announced, finishing on this with my wildcard active:

Simon
    Alba Spinazzola Maguire
    Sarabia T. Hazard Insigne Torres (c)
    Immobile Kane Morata

Pickford, Trippier, Maehle and Grealish on the bench, the England game being on at 8pm tomorrow means I have to gamble on whether or not to bring Grealish in but I’m sure there’ll be at least a couple of low scorers to swap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had a nightmare just there, got in the door late at 4.50 to slow internet and a slow site. Took nine minutes just to do 5 transfers but then was in the middle of sorting subs out and the deadline passed. Have Mahele and Berardi on the bench and 2 eliminated players on the pitch, I give up!

Dismal start to the QF, 18 points with a blank from captain Torres and zero defensive or attacking returns - apart from Alba's assist for the OG

crushproof wrote: »
    Dismal start to the QF, 18 points with a blank from captain Torres and zero defensive or attacking returns - apart from Alba's assist for the OG

Just pick a different captain tomorrow

Pretty bad return but I'm looking at the Denmark game for points scoring tomorrow more so than England v Ukraine. It will be 27-30C tomorrow evening in Rome.

Bad night for me as well, going to captain an England player tomorrow but it’s tricky to decide between risking it on Kane who could score, or taking the safe bet of a clean sheet from Trippier with the possibility of an assist.

It’s been going quickly downhill since match day 2.

• Advertisement

15 after making my subs today and 7 of that was from Shaqiri. Only good thing about it is I should have a full squad for the semis as I have only one player knocked out so far.

Advertisement