Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Up to 734th now after that Havertz goal. I nailed the forward picks with Ronaldo, Lewandowski and Lukaku.

Good stuff, I fell down a bit in the rankings by missing the deadline (not as big as a fall as I was expecting though). I won’t be missing the next deadline….hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone taken a stab at the R16 team yet?

Gone for

Donnarumma, Stekeleburg. 2 good keepers that should progress to the QF and beyond

Spinzzola - solid start and in a team that doesn't concede...
    Kimbembe - went for safe French DF. Predict to beat the Swiss to nil
    Maehle - scored last game and decent CS potential
    Dumfries - one of the standouts of the comp so far. Netherlands should beat Czechia
    Gosens - fancy the Germans to beat England comfortably to nil

Wijnaldum - great tournament so far
    Hojlberg - ran out of money. meh
    Berardi - consistent with his scoring so far. Think the Italians will do a job on Austria
    Locatelli - same as Berardi really but Locatelli seems to have a higher ceiling (from a sample of 1)
    Havertz - decent tournament so far, he'll be up against it with English press. Point to prove maybe.

Mbappe - should kickstart his tournament vs the Swiss. Came alive in R16 in the World Cup
    Ronaldo - top goalscorer of the tournament, toss up between him and Lukaku. Fancy him more.
    Depay - on form against a poor side.

Captaincy will prob go - Locatelli, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Havertz.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ve a fairly similar team for the last 16:

Donnarumma, Stekelenburg
    Bonucci, Pavard, Dumfries, Gosens, P. Torres
    Wijnaldum, Jorginho, Jota, Havertz, M. Llorente
    Ronaldo, Benzema, Depay

Captaining Jorginho, Wijnaldum, Benzema, Havertz

Left a decent chunk of points on the bench in the third round of fixtures (Havertz and Torres, completely forgot to get them into the team in time) so I’m playing catch-up now.

Drafted the following team for the last 16:

GK: Donnaruma Stekelenburg
    DEF: Spinazolla Dumfries Gosens Torres Maehle
    MID: KDB Forsberg Wijnaldum Damsgaard Beradi
    FW: Depay Benzema Lukaku

Fairly similar to the teams above. KDB takes up a reasonable chunk of change so could spread those funds elsewhere to maybe get a French defender in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Anyone know if a clean sheet is 90 minutes or is 0-0 full time and goals in extra time mean no clean sheet? I'm guessing maybe it's the full 120 so slight disadvantage to clean sheets for defenders..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭Xander10

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone know if a clean sheet is 90 minutes or is 0-0 full time and goals in extra time mean no clean sheet? I'm guessing maybe it's the full 120 so slight disadvantage to clean sheets for defenders..

"Extra time and penalties

Players will keep scoring points throughout extra time. However, players can't score points for penalty shoot-outs."

based on above from rules, I am assuming yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Going with:

Donnarumma Stekelenburg
    Bonucci Spinazzola Gosens Dumfries P. Torres
    Phillips Wijnaldum Damsgaard Yarmolenko Forsberg
    Ronaldo Depay Immobile

Not sure about the midfield to be honest. Midfield has been my weak link so far in this. Phillips there as an enabler as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Is p torres a risk for Spain? Only subbed on the last day. I suppose he is cheap as chips though.

claw wrote: »
    Going with:

Donnarumma Stekelenburg
    Bonucci Spinazzola Gosens Dumfries P. Torres
    Phillips Wijnaldum Damsgaard Yarmolenko Forsberg
    Ronaldo Depay Immobile

Not sure about the midfield to be honest. Midfield has been my weak link so far in this. Phillips there as an enabler as it is.

Mine is much the same as this

Looks like going with 4 Dutch players is not going to work out too well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

thunderdog wrote: »
    Looks like going with 4 Dutch players is not going to work out too well

3 free transfers to get rid of Dumfries, Depay, Wijnaldum and Stekelenburg. (so far)

Some pain.

3 free transfers to get rid of Dumfries, Depay, Wijnaldum and Stekelenburg. (so far)

Some pain.

Yeah, same 4. I imagine most players will have at least 3 of the 4 so will be in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yep in same boat here with Skenlenburg, Depay, Dumfres and Gini. Did not see this result coming. We've only 3 free transfers before the quarters so hits will have to be taken. Have Ronaldo and Lukaku too and one of them is going out later so this is going to get messy by 10pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭crushproof

Stek, Wilj, Depay and bloody De Ligt for me, absolutely disaster! And hardly anything from the Italians. Terrible start to this round.

Those with Stekelenburg-on the assumption your other GK got through, will you just roll go with 1 keeper now? I don’t see myself using a transfer on a keeper

Yeah Ive got Donnarumma so will play him in the next round and leave Skeklenburg on the bench. If Italy go out then I'll be forced into a GK transfer but we get 5 free transfers before the semi finals.

Those with Stekelenburg-on the assumption your other GK got through, will you just roll go with 1 keeper now? I don’t see myself using a transfer on a keeper

I still have my wildcard so going to get another keeper in. I would have left it alone if I didn't have a wildcard though having Italy's keeper.

I still have my wildcard so going to get another keeper in. I would have left it alone if I didn't have a wildcard though having Italy's keeper.

Good stuff, I think those who saved their WC might do better than those who used it in Matchday 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Simon currently showing as having 1 point for goals from outside the box lol!

Benzema saving the gameweek (went for him as captain in fanteam as a bit of a differential to depay)

Edit: Matchday, not gameweek. Still not used to that

• Advertisement

Anyone got a lend of a wildcard going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Anyone got a lend of a wildcard going?

I have one but I'll be needing it too. How many players have you got that have been eliminated?

haha Id say everyone who used their wildcard in matchday 3 is regretting it now. Ive lost another two players tonight from France to add to the four from the Dutch. Leaving the keeper out of it 5 transfers are now needed and it could be more tomorrow, its been a bit of a mess but Id guess most people are in the same boat

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I have one but I'll be needing it too. How many players have you got that have been eliminated?

5 so far but also have KDB and P Torres. In fairness to Torres he seems to be able to get an assist coming off the bench each week

5 so far but also have KDB and P Torres. In fairness to Torres he seems to be able to get an assist coming off the bench each week

I have 4 Dutch and Ronaldo eliminated. Also P Torres. Wildcard will be handy but having an awful round at the moment. 22 points with 4 players left and one of them is Kalvin Phillips!

I have 4 Dutch and Ronaldo eliminated. Also P Torres. Wildcard will be handy but having an awful round at the moment. 22 points with 4 players left and one of them is Kalvin Phillips!

Picking players for the quarter finals will be interesting. I’m looking at (based on no WC):

3 Italy (already have)
    3 Denmark (have 2, will add one more)
    2 Germany or England (2 transfers)
    2 Belgium (already have)
    2 Spain (have 1 def, will get an outfield player)
    1 Sweden (if they get through)
    2 Holland (blanks on the bench)

4 point hit. 2 subs on the bench. A bit too much of a spread though among several teams given we can have up to 5 players per team. Aiming to have an approx even split between both sides of the draw (will have 7 from the left and 6 from the right plus 2 duds)

Im doing even worse, currently have 18 points with just two German players to play tonight, its been a disastrous round. Never thought a front line of Lukaku, Ronaldo and Depay would return a grand total of 6 points between them. Have put the armband on Havertz for later in the hope he saves the match day but Im doubting it.

Picking players for the quarter finals will be interesting. I’m looking at (based on no WC):

3 Italy (already have)
    3 Denmark (have 2, will add one more)
    2 Germany or England (2 transfers)
    2 Belgium (already have)
    2 Spain (have 1 def, will get an outfield player)
    1 Sweden (if they get through)
    2 Holland (blanks on the bench)

4 point hit. 2 subs on the bench. A bit too much of a spread though among several teams given we can have up to 5 players per team. Aiming to have an approx even split between both sides of the draw (will have 7 from the left and 6 from the right plus 2 duds)

I have had no luck with my defence for most of this apart from matchday 1. Plan for me is to have an even spread within reason over the 8 teams. Have no confidence in predicting any of the results after the last few days.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im doing even worse, currently have 18 points with just two German players to play tonight, its been a disastrous round. Never thought a front line of Lukaku, Ronaldo and Depay would return a grand total of 6 points between them. Have put the armband on Havertz for later in the hope he saves the match day but Im doubting it.

Ronaldo was doing a good job for me until this round. Don't think there are a lot of great options up front now. Don't have Havertz (had him in matchday 3) but think he has a good chance of scoring today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Owning Sterling and Pickford wasn’t the wild celebration that you might think

Advertisement