Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

CSF wrote: »
    My league is full now, so anyone who hasn't been in touch with me yet, no need to do so now.

D'oh, note to self - log in more frequently! Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a website with predicted starting lineups?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/0269-1262855338b0-a7a22fe4ebb4-1000--euro-2020-possible-line-ups/

Dunno how accurate they are, but it was helpful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still 1 person has paid up but hasn't joined up to the league

TrimmTrabbs is it possibly your mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thunderdog wrote: »
    Anyone also doing fanteam (via bethard)? I put a few teams in-a lot less team management involved in comparison to the UEFA game. Fairly similar to fpl. Pretty impressive prize structure with 230k for the winner.

I did fanteam for the premier league but didn’t give it enough attention to make any serious gains

4 teams entered. May set up a thread for chat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

manual_man wrote: »
    4 teams entered. May set up a thread for chat

Yeah I also have 4 teams in. I agree with Dearg81 on the bethard website. It always feels a bit laboured getting a team together and making transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yeah I also have 4 teams in. I agree with Dearg81 on the bethard website. It always feels a bit laboured getting a team together and making transfers.

Yea it's a shame as the have great prize pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Anyone also doing fanteam (via bethard)? I put a few teams in-a lot less team management involved in comparison to the UEFA game. Fairly similar to fpl. Pretty impressive prize structure with 230k for the winner.

I did fanteam for the premier league but didn’t give it enough attention to make any serious gains

Just the 1 team for me, couldn’t handle the head melt of more than that !

For those doing fanteam, I’d recommend checking out the chap who won the premier league version of it. He gives his tips on ‘whoscored’ (YouTube), episode 4. You can see how he won it given his attention to detail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

CSF wrote: »
    Still 1 person has paid up but hasn't joined up to the league

TrimmTrabbs is it possibly your mate?

If you can't get hold of this guy, let me know and I'll jump in and pay before deadline.

Cheers, Shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Been chopping and changing a lot but I've finally settled on this ahead of the first matchday:

Donnarumma (Hradecky)
    R. Rodriguez, Bonucci, P. Torres (R. Dias, Bednarek)
    Eriksen, Wijnaldum, Jorginho, M. Llorente (Jota)
    Lukaku (c), Depay, Arnautovic

Gives me a great spread across each day of the matchday and a chance to see how most of the players get on, and the Portuguese lads ready to sub in if there are any weak scorers in the starting 11.

There's a lot more strategy to this than the FPL I find, and I love a bit of micromanagement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Should we captain whoever we have playing tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have a choice between Mbappe or Ronaldo, who would people go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Should we captain whoever we have playing tonight?
    If your captain doesn't score as highly as you'd like, you have the option to switch to another player who is in action on a later day within that matchday. In fact, because matchdays are spread across several days, you can switch your captain several times – giving you the chance to double the score of a different player you think will do better in that matchday. However, bear in mind that if you aren't happy with your new captain's score, you won't be able to change back.

So if it's like previous iterations you can move the captaincy. I have Insigne as captain tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Xander10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have a choice between Mbappe or Ronaldo, who would people go with?

Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great start for me. Donnarumma, Insigne, Immobile captain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ShaneU wrote: »
    Great start for me. Donnarumma, Insigne, Immobile captain

Nice. I have the first 2 with Insigne as captain, not sure if I'll switch captain after 8 points. Immobile was a bold pick, you deserve those points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Nice. I have the first 2 with Insigne as captain, not sure if I'll switch captain after 8 points. Immobile was a bold pick, you deserve those points.

I figured he was an all or nothing pick may as well punt at the start of the week with so many solid players waiting in the wings.

Went for Bernadi over Barella just prior to kick off. Paid off. Bernadi saw loads of action. He’s a little workmanlike rather than silky all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Spinazolla looks a great pick

He could be but he might be asked to do some defending in the rest of the games.

• Advertisement

I had Donnarumma (6pts) , Spinazzola (9pts) and Insigne as captain (8pts x 2).

Spinazzola's a very attacking defender alright. An 8pt captain presents a conundrum now.

the captain switch might become an enjoyable head wrecker. On what number of points do you stick?

Xander10 wrote: »
    the captain switch might become an enjoyable head wrecker. On what number of points do you stick?

I have a figure of 10 in my head, but maybe I’m being too optimistic

Went for Bernadi over Barella just prior to kick off. Paid off. Bernadi saw loads of action. He’s a little workmanlike rather than silky all the same.

I got Berardi in just before kick off and captained him as well but the downside was I sold Insigne who scored. I was impressed with Berardi though, he got on the ball a lot.
    I have a figure of 10 in my head, but maybe I’m being too optimistic

yeah I think 10 is about right. But I suppose it also has to be balanced up against how good your other options are and who they are playing. If I had a captain on 10 ponts but could captain Ronaldo v Hungary I think I would take that risk. Whereas if it was Ronaldo v France I would probably play it safe and keep the 10 points.

10 x 2

I presume?

10 x 2

I presume?

no, 5x2 ending in 10.

Id actually revise that up to 12 having looked at the scoring system, it is different to FPL in so far as there is no bonus points system so captaincy points are not going to be as high as they can be in FPL
    eg-
    -A Midfielder assisting a goal, playing 60+ minutes and getting a clean sheet is 6 points x 2 =12
    -A Forward scoring a goal and playing 60+ minutes is 6 points x 2 =12

So if your captain gets 12 points and you sub him out for another captain you need the replacement to equal or out perform a goal or an assist. I suppose it mainly goes down to who your new captain will be playing, do you think they can score twice against the opposition or get a goal and an assist. If they blank its not a total disaster as you still have another opportunity to captain someone else. Ive got Mbappe in the final game v Portugal but currently have 12 points from captain Berardi tonight, its a tricky call whether or not to sub the 6 of those 12 points out, a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush and all that.

10 x 2

I presume?

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, 10x2.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, 10x2.

Yep - rolling the dice on this and re-assigning from Insigne to Lukaku. If it doesn't work out and barring red cards I have good options for the next three days. It appears there is an inter day limit to switching i.e., I have an average player in the DEN match today but if I assign the captaincy to him I don't think I can re-assign later - unless someone can prove otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Day 1 is 9+ for me then probably drop it by a point each game day. Always hard sticking on a day 1 pick though especially with so many good players with good games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

We can change captain every day yeah? I have Insigne with 8*2, probably gonna put it on Ronaldo V Hungary on Tuesday, but I might as well put it on a different player Sat, Sun, Mon too in case they hit the jackpot aren't i?

Advertisement