Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dasdog wrote: »
    Kante and Mbappe on my bench 10 mins before KO and I can't make subs...uffff.
    You had to do it before 5 PM, before the first game of the day. Can't do it between games unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

CSF wrote: »
    You had to do it before 5 PM, before the first game of the day. Can't do it between games unfortunately.

Lesson learnt - amazingly I only missed out on an additional 2pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

First time playing the Euros fantasy, sucked me right in.

63 from 9 players.

Didn't understand the subs element in the beginning stupidly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Reasonable start but made a balls of my keepers-benched Hradecky from day1 and played Bachman instead. Completely missed getting my keepers in the right order-11 points down.

Playing the limitless chip-going with triple France, Belgium and Ukraine. Hoping Ukraine can do a job against North Macedonia. Ukraine looked decent in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lesson learnt - amazingly I only missed out on an additional 2pts.

I had Mbappe captained last night and he blanked so I ended up throwing 8 points away from captain Berardi in the first match day. Mbappe had a goal and an assist ruled out for offside which compounds the frustration.

Will be going c Insigne for this game and then Lukaku unless Insigne hauls in a big way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I spent a couple of minutes looking at the leader Gavinsalads team trying to figure out how he got such a great team together within budget. I thought he was hacking the site then I saw that limitless chip :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I spent a couple of minutes looking at the leader Gavinsalads team trying to figure out how he got such a great team together within budget. I thought he was hacking the site then I saw that limitless chip :-)

I’m still hoping to find a way to hack the site for GW3 aswell ;)

Matchday 3 will be a tricky one to nail 11 starters. At least we will have the Italy lineup beforehand (and Turkey, Switzerland and Wales if anyone is punting on them).

I will probably look at WC with:
    3 Italy (can see the lineup)
    3 Germany (need a win over Hungary)
    2-3 Holland (versus North Macedonia)

Then a few Belgium, Ukraine and a couple of punts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I think it makes sense to use the wild card in match day 3 because after its over and before the round of 16 begins you have unlimited transfers which is effectively another wild card chip

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah I think it makes sense to use the wild card in match day 3 because after its over and before the round of 16 begins you have unlimited transfers which is effectively another wild card chip

Yeah just on the last round of 16 you have to somewhat bet on which teams you think you will make the quarter finals, where we will only have 3 transfers

• Advertisement

Very poor return so far this round - I knew it was all going too well. Relying on my five players from France and Spain to do well tomorrow. Enrique has to start Moreno this time.

It would be better to use limitless in round 3 if you still have it then use wild card?

It would be better to use limitless in round 3 if you still have it then use wild card?

One of the downsides to using limitless in Matchday 3 is that is likely that a lot of the pricey players with 2 wins under their belt might get rested. So in terms of the unlimited budget element of the limitless chip, you might not get the full benefit at that point.

However the benefit of using the limitless chip now and WC later is that you can set up you team nicely for the quarter finals and beyond (using the WC).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

thunderdog wrote: »
    One of the downsides to using limitless in Matchday 3 is that is likely that a lot of the pricey players with 2 wins under their belt might get rested. So in terms of the unlimited budget element of the limitless chip, you might not get the full benefit at that point.

However the benefit of using the limitless chip now and WC later is that you can set up you team nicely for the quarter finals and beyond (using the WC).

My view was to use limitless in the last 16 and wild card for the quarters. That was dependent on surviving this matchday with a half decent score which doesn't seem to be working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Matchday 3 will be a tricky one to nail 11 starters. At least we will have the Italy lineup beforehand (and Turkey, Switzerland and Wales if anyone is punting on them).

I will probably look at WC with:
    3 Italy (can see the lineup)
    3 Germany (need a win over Hungary)
    2-3 Holland (versus North Macedonia)

Then a few Belgium, Ukraine and a couple of punts
    Belgium, Netherlands and Italy are already qualified aren’t they? I’ll be avoiding them, look at the team Belgium put out against England when they were already qualified in 2018. Benched all the starters

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think limitless in round three, then we have unlimited transfers for the last 16, then wildcard for the last 8. But it's finding out who will play in round three is the key

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Belgium, Netherlands and Italy are already qualified aren’t they? I’ll be avoiding them, look at the team Belgium put out against England when they were already qualified in 2018. Benched all the starters

On those teams

Italy-we will know the lineup. Still think a 1 or 2 nil against Wales (2 Italy defenders/gk plus one other)
    Belgium-a couple of players just back from injury who featured in the last game-I’ll probably look to get Hazard and KDB in for that one
    Holland-looks like one or two players might have picked up a knock in the last game-I’ll aim to get in their replacements

claw wrote: »
    My view was to use limitless in the last 16 and wild card for the quarters. That was dependent on surviving this matchday with a half decent score which doesn't seem to be working :)

We already get unlimited transfers for free for (prior to) the last 16.

Captain a french player tomorrow and the game week will be half decent ;)

We already get unlimited transfers for free for (prior to) the last 16.

Captain a french player tomorrow and the game week will be half decent ;)

Actually you are right. Didn't read the rules properly!

If I captain Kante I don't think it will be that decent! Ronaldo it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Of course I have the one French player who's dropped

• Advertisement

Anyone have any German players in their team for this game?

Anyone have any German players in their team for this game?

I have Rudiger :pac: Also have Dias and Ronaldo captain so to say this is a mixed bag is an understatement!

I have Rudiger :pac: Also have Dias and Ronaldo captain so to say this is a mixed bag is an understatement!

Ronaldo captain is probably better than most peoples captain for the week

Ronaldo captain is probably better than most peoples captain for the week

Rest of the team was a disaster though. Have to have a think about whether I use the Limitless chip or not for matchday 3.

I'll be invoking limitless after that disaster round. The good part being some quality teams still have something to play for. And Kevin de Bruyne.

I'll be invoking limitless after that disaster round. The good part being some quality teams still have something to play for. And Kevin de Bruyne.

I'll be joining you. Not sure who to pick other than De Bruyne yet though.

Up to 2900 out of 35k in bethard game thanks to Ronaldo as captain. Gonna captain Havertz next round vs Hungary.

Playing the WC. Current draft

GK: Donnaruma Hradecky
    DEF: Spinazolla Gosens Dumfries Maehle Torres
    MID: KDB Perisic Gnabry Beradi Yarmolenko
    FW: Muller Malen Yaremchuk

A couple of doubts over some players starting who I might switch out (eg Dumfries). Also half tempted to put Embolo in instead of Malen (would need to downgrade a few players to do it)

Bit of tight squeeze trying to fit Hazard in as well so I’ve left him out….for now

I'll be joining you. Not sure who to pick other than De Bruyne yet though.

Is there are any reason not to go big and put players in like Mbappe and Ronaldo. That group is very open still.

• Advertisement

Is there are any reason not to go big and put players in like Mbappe and Ronaldo. That group is very open still.

Yea true. I'm gonna wait for the Italy line up before pulling the trigger. My team isnt too bad for this week if my Italy lads start.

Advertisement