Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Shedite27 wrote: »
    We can change captain every day yeah? I have Insigne with 8*2, probably gonna put it on Ronaldo V Hungary on Tuesday, but I might as well put it on a different player Sat, Sun, Mon too in case they hit the jackpot aren't i?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

jimmii wrote: »
    Day 1 is 9+ for me then probably drop it by a point each game day. Always hard sticking on a day 1 pick though especially with so many good players with good games!

Yeah makes sense to drop the captain threshold as the matchday progresses.

However if you’re sitting on 5 captain points (x2) by day 5 with Ronaldo to come off the bench, it will be hard not to roll the captaincy dice again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ve had Spinazzola, Berardi and Shaqiri so far and all 6 and above so won’t be subbed out. Have Kjaer and Lod in this game (which I’m definitely not watching) so I’d imagine at least one of these guys is gonna be the guy to go later.

Id imagine Immobile owners held the captaincy?

I’m right in saying that even the guys I had that didn’t do well today (Hradecky saved me and I forgot I even had him), I should wait before subbing them out really incase the replacement guys don’t start? With Portugal being the first game of the day on Tuesday, I’ll get to know whether my players are actually starting before I decide to make the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

thunderdog wrote: »
    Yeah makes sense to drop the captain threshold as the matchday progresses.

However if you’re sitting on 5 captain points (x2) by day 5 with Ronaldo to come off the bench, it will be hard not to roll the captaincy dice again ;)

Yeah obviously there's always exceptions. Match day 3 is when you might have to get super brave towards the end!

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I’ve had Spinazzola, Berardi and Shaqiri so far and all 6 and above so won’t be subbed out. Have Kjaer and Lod in this game (which I’m definitely not watching) so I’d imagine at least one of these guys is gonna be the guy to go later.

Id imagine Immobile owners held the captaincy?

I did. Even though he's only my 3rd highest score still plenty happy with those points.

I’m right in saying that even the guys I had that didn’t do well today (Hradecky saved me and I forgot I even had him), I should wait before subbing them out really incase the replacement guys don’t start? With Portugal being the first game of the day on Tuesday, I’ll get to know whether my players are actually starting before I decide to make the move.

Yeah I always wait even if they've picked up a 1 pointer. Better a 1 than a 0 you could have avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭dasdog

dasdog wrote: »
    Yep - rolling the dice on this and re-assigning from Insigne to Lukaku.

Measured risk - Meunier scored 15 in total after coming on as a sub so I'm charging ahead with early round luck. Very emotional stuff today, delighted for the Finns after it all.

Yeah I always wait even if they've picked up a 1 pointer. Better a 1 than a 0 you could have avoided.
    Yeah, makes sense. Just need to make sure I actually make the changes on Tuesday now.

Have had a surprisingly good start to this having not done that much research. Lukaku (c), Hradecky, Spinazzola, Berardi and Shaqiri giving me 54 points with Pepe, Wijndal, Torres (Pau), Sabitzer, Bernardo Silva, Lewandowski and Depay to be my remaining 6 (one will get the sub out of course).

100 is a darned sight less doable without the bonus points or DGWs in this game.

Yeah, makes sense. Just need to make sure I actually make the changes on Tuesday now.

Have had a surprisingly good start to this having not done that much research. Lukaku (c), Hradecky, Spinazzola, Berardi and Shaqiri giving me 54 points with Pepe, Wijndal, Torres (Pau), Sabitzer, Bernardo Silva, Lewandowski and Depay to be my remaining 6 (one will get the sub out of course).

100 is a darned sight less doable without the bonus points or DGWs in this game.

Yeah we take the bonus for a granted a bit but it's this sort of structure that makes you realise how big a difference it makes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If I make no subs will auto subs kick in at the end of round 1? I can't find the rules on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yes auto subs kick in except read the last line below for a caveat when they dont
    Automatic substitutions

If you don't make any substitutions or change your captain within a matchday, some of your players might be automatically subbed out.

You can order your substitutes by priority in case any of your starting XI doesn't play that matchday.

If your goalkeeper doesn't play in a matchday, then your replacement goalkeeper will be substituted in, as long as he has played
    If any of your starting outfield players don't play in a matchday, they'll be automatically subbed out. The player subbed in will be the highest-priority substitute who has played in the matchday, and whose substitution doesn't break formation rules
    If you switch the priority order of your subs once a matchday has started, that will count as a manual substitution and no automatic substitutions will kick in for the remainder of that matchday.

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/info/EURO.FANTASY.RULES/0

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yes auto subs kick in except read the last line below for a caveat when they dont

Thanks. I forgot to sub in Tielemans so the auto subs will be worth 3 points to me now as I have Denayer and Cancelo who has covid.

Have Denayer myself as well and was miffed he didnt start. Plus I missed the 2pm deadline yesterday and forgot to captain Lukaku before his 2 goal haul. Have it on Depay tonight but I'll be doing well to make up those lost points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CAncelo out of the tournament

Have Denayer myself as well and was miffed he didnt start. Plus I missed the 2pm deadline yesterday and forgot to captain Lukaku before his 2 goal haul. Have it on Depay tonight but I'll be doing well to make up those lost points.

He played Boyata as he had played against Dzyuba before so hopefully Denayer is still in the running for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Is it just me or is the website a nightmare to navigate?

Any idea how I change the my captain? Dunno where to click.

magma69 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the website a nightmare to navigate?

Any idea how I change the my captain? Dunno where to click.

Yeah its a bit of a faff alright. On mobile click on the player in your team yet to play and the option pops up to sub out or make captain.

Moreno on the bench for Spain - didn't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Moreno on the bench for Spain - didn't see that happening.

Same with me.

Anyone got a strategy for the chips yet?

• Advertisement

Think Im going to use the Limitless chip in the next round and target fixtures like France v Hungary, Italy v Switerland, Belgium v Denmark. Will probably triple up on players from those 3 strong teams and then maybe add Ronaldo as well.

Not sure on the wild card chip yet, would presume the time to use it is when groups are over and its going into the round of 16 so you can clear out any players who are eliminated. But I think you get extra free transfers at that point anyway so will play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think Im going to use the Limitless chip in the next round and target fixtures like France v Hungary, Italy v Switerland, Belgium v Denmark. Will probably triple up on players from those 3 strong teams and then maybe add Ronaldo as well.

Not sure on the wild card chip yet, would presume the time to use it is when groups are over and its going into the round of 16 so you can clear out any players who are eliminated. But I think you get extra free transfers at that point anyway so will play it by ear.

Thinkin the same myself with limitless in the next round. Last round will see players rested who have qualified. Unlimited transfers for the last 16 round and then maybe wildcard in the last 8

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thinkin the same myself with limitless in the next round. Last round will see players rested who have qualified. Unlimited transfers for the last 16 round and then maybe wildcard in the last 8

I'm pretty clueless here - so the limitless chip I can swap in players who have nothing to lose and are playing for pride and might get a few goals in round three but it will revert to my original squad after? And the other chip is just regular limitless transfers?

Yes, the limitless chip is like the free hit chip in FPL so your team reverts back to what it was after you have used it. Only difference is with limitless there is no transfer budget, you can spend as much as you like. So it might make sense to upgrade 4.5m defenders to 6.0m ones who might get an assist or goal. Same in the midfield, you can upgrade there too.

Yes, the limitless chip is like the free hit chip in FPL so your team reverts back to what it was after you have used it. Only difference is with limitless there is no transfer budget, you can spend as much as you like. So it might make sense to upgrade 4.5m defenders to 6.0m ones who might get an assist or goal. Same in the midfield, you can upgrade there too.

Okay, thanks - I only play these things during World Cups and Euro's and I'm doing okay so every fighting chance and all that. My aim is to get in to the top ten of the 100,000+ membership England league with no English players in my team.

Okay, thanks - I only play these things during World Cups and Euro's and I'm doing okay so every fighting chance and all that. My aim is to get in to the top ten of the 100,000+ membership England league with no English players in my team.

Lol that's a fun target! Will be interesting to see how you approach if they do somehow luck their way to the semis. I'm going to do the same and aim for top 10 in Scotland without using any Scottish players going to be tough but I think with some careful selection I think I can pick a way through without selecting any.

Lol that's a fun target! Will be interesting to see how you approach if they do somehow luck their way to the semis. I'm going to do the same and aim for top 10 in Scotland without using any Scottish players going to be tough but I think with some careful selection I think I can pick a way through without selecting any.

Is there a specific reason for that way or doing it, or just a fun twist?

Is there a specific reason for that way or doing it, or just a fun twist?

As tough as it sounds I think I should probably be ok without any Scottish players!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone elses league entries disappear?

Scratch that, they're back. Must have been updating after the last game.

• Advertisement

Kante and Mbappe on my bench 10 mins before KO and I can't make subs...uffff.

Advertisement