Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Mickie, bravo, simply bravo :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

So, "Cody ear gif" aside, do you think we'll actually see any of them in AEW? The only ones I can see them having any interest in are Chelsea and Joe but even that depends on what Joe has left in the tank and how much good will Chelsea's All In showing has gained her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It wasn't that big of a clear out in the end.

Joe definitely if he's cleared to wrestle and I could see them being interested in Chelsea as well.

Maybe the Iconics but they'd really have to improve their in ring work. Tay Conti and Britt Baker show it can be done though I suppose.

They really should be releasing some people themselves first though before thinking of adding more to the bloated roster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Meltzer said that there'll probably be more releases today and that it'll be NXT cuts.

Big Dave Meltzey wrong again

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote:

Careful now or you'll set them all off again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of what he's gotten right and what he's gotten wrong since 1982 when he first began publishing the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of what he's gotten right and what he's gotten wrong since 1982 when he first began publishing the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

I2SXzKbSpMYKnMuQ-6tUnmaWBwA=.gif

Loughc wrote: »

Think I read that he made up an excuse that they didn't go ahead with any further cuts after they saw the 1.2 million rating that AEW got last week. Sounds like BS as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I’d say it’s on a declining graph if you plotted out the percentage of right vs wrong since the 1980’s. It’s gotten worse though because while I’m sure he’s got sources within the companies but the sources he used to have used to be higher ups and I doubt he’s got that level now. I know it’s a bit but Bruce Prichard was a big source of his apparently. Jim cornette says he’s gave Meltzer big news on the screw job in 1997 after it happened.

And I’ve said it before but the limitations of Twitter are not his friend in any way.

On the subject of Meltzer sources like why would anyone feed him information?

Say you are a mid-card wrestler in WWE. You've been quietly pulled aside and told you are winning the intercontinental title at the ppv. I wouldn't want booking to do a 180 on me and change the finish all because "I leaked it to Meltzer":pac:

Of course WWE locker room is all about swimming with the sharks so say it was Dolph Ziggler who was winning instead and I hated Ziggler. You'd get that as that's kiboshing. But you would also be running the risk that it doesn't get out. Can you trust Meltzer? Can you trust that Meltzer's email password isn't Observer123 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TimesArrow wrote: »

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/1385385638267166722?s=21

I am really failing to understand the outrage over this.

They put her belongings in a plastic bag and cardboard box and sent it to her. What's the big deal? Should it have been in a satin bag with velvet drawstrings and in a mahogany case? Is she that precious that she takes that as some scandalous affront?

Anyway, probably some unpaid intern or minimum wage worker is on the dole tomorrow because of it so fair play Mickie and HHH. So brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

J. Marston wrote: »
    I am really failing to understand the outrage over this.

They put her belongings in a plastic bag and cardboard box and sent it to her. What's the big deal? Should it have been in a satin bag with velvet drawstrings and in a mahogany case? Is she that precious that she takes that as some scandalous affront?

Anyway, probably some unpaid intern or minimum wage worker is on the dole tomorrow because of it so fair play Mickie and HHH. So brave.

It's extremely unprofessional on their part really, I say this as someone who's overseen a good few sackings in my time. Particularly for someone they classed as a legend only recently. Sacking the offender is harsh in this case, but it is the US, home of at-will employment laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

At least fold her stuff her in a carefully wrapped box.

It seems they've been doing this for years, as Gail Kim said it happened to her. It really is laughable that they think firing a fall guy can work in this day and age of instant accountability.

No idea why it fell on Triple H anyway to tweet, must have been below the Stephanie brand to acknowledge a female talent being treated so disrespectfully.

At least fold her stuff her in a carefully wrapped box.

It seems they've been doing this for years, as Gail Kim said it happened to her. It really is laughable that they think firing a fall guy can work in this day and age of instant accountability.

No idea why it fell on Triple H anyway to tweet, must have been below the Stephanie brand to acknowledge a female talent being treated so disrespectfully.

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1385389296341893123?s=19

I don't see the big deal.
    This is WWE we are talking about. They've done much worse than a bin liner in a box :pac:

But what did Mickie expect? even if she got a hamper and a thank you note it wouldn't mean anything. She lost her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's that it's a bad look for a company who've just recorded record profits this year and have laid off hundreds of staff toss their belongings in a sack and send it to them. The sack isn't actually the thing to be aggrieved about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can see both sides.

Its worth noting that it seems to be someone decently high up who has been sacked over this, and that other wrestlers have come forward saying the same happened them.

I can imagine that someone was told "Mickie's locker needs to be cleared out, send her stuff back to her!", and an intern grabbed a bag, put the clothes in it and sent them back. Even yesterday, I filled two plastic bags of clothes to donate somewhere. Plastic bags are handy ways of transporting clothes safely.

I guess their issue is the metaphor of sending a "legends" gear to them in a garbage bag. Mickie is someone who has been with them, on and off, for 15 odd years. She's feeling she's been treated badly in recent times, she gets sacked and her stuff arrives in a garbage bag. I guess anyone would feel that it's a sign of how much they valued her.

• Advertisement

Punk ain't buying what Hunter's selling anyways.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1385392729279041537

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Grand, fair play to her.

Still, I find it hard to believe after years of future endeavouring that they never heard back from a released talent upset over such disrespect until now.

Seems Mickie James wasn't the only one who's been on the end of trash bag in a box treatment.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1385429570724278272

• Registered Users Posts: 85,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chelsea Green is losing her Visa & Green Card now as well after being fired and made unemployed by the WWE.

So I guess marriage is coming.

Am curious. What exactly was in the bin bag?
    It's not like she worked in an office and that was her personal effects (photo, personalized mug , whatever etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess since they're in the Thunderdome they could store their ring gear in the lockers instead of having to bring it everywhere. And as they probably have their own lockers, they probably have photos as well.

Since it's been happening since she was there before and with Gail and Jillian as well makes you wonder who was fired.
    Was it the person who sent it to Mickie or the person over them?
    Didn't see anything about the men commenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"The symbolism can't be denied."

"I had the courage to ensure this never happens to anyone else again."

Yeah, you're like wrestling's Rosa Parks. No one else will have to experience the horror of seeing their clothes in a plastic bag.

Good grief, get over yourself.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess since they're in the Thunderdome they could store their ring gear in the lockers instead of having to bring it everywhere. And as they probably have their own lockers, they probably have photos as well.

Since it's been happening since she was there before and with Gail and Jillian as well makes you wonder who was fired.
    Was it the person who sent it to Mickie or the person over them?
    Didn't see anything about the men commenting.

Ahh you're right! totally forgot WWE holding shows in the same venue. Brain fart.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    "The symbolism can't be denied."

"I had the courage to ensure this never happens to anyone else again."

Yeah, you're like wrestling's Rosa Parks. No one else will have to experience the horror of seeing their clothes in a plastic bag.

Good grief, get over yourself.

I got to agree with you J.
    I mean it's not like her stuff was in the dumpster outside. That would have been disrespectful. She got a package but decided to make an issue with how it was packaged.

Al Snow once said in an YouShoot interview that 'wrestlers are needy cu*ts' - a harsh sounding statement :pac: But self-absorbed, ego driven, me me me me mentality.

Advertisement