Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I actually liked Tom Phillips, by their standards he's as good as one can be. He seems interested and likeable at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

35 office staff was the final number from Tuesdays cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I actually liked Tom Phillips, by their standards he's as good as one can be. He seems interested and likeable at least.

Well he's just been let go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well he's just been let go too.

That makes **** all sense because what’s the say the new commentator on raw will work out given the last one lasted about a month ? Well hopefully he can get a gig somewhere else and maybe he gets cured of the Cole cloneitis he had to put up with. I still can’t believe this version of Michael Cole is the person in charge of commentators in wwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was the other guy fired or did he quit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was the other guy fired or did he quit?

It was a mutual parting of the ways I think.

Was thinking maybe the announcement of the live shows restarting made him realise what was involved.
    On that note, the return to touring will be a shock to the system of a lot of ones now who've probably gotten used to going to their own bed and seeing their family every night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say Phillips quit when he realised he wasn't getting the Raw gig back

I know it's recorded but Phillips was commentating for 205 Live last night

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1399938857047670784?s=19
    According to a new report, WWE is planning to do some more cost-cutting with some major names possibly being considered. Fightful Select reports that the company is planning to do some more cuts that could come as early as this week

If this does go ahead, I think the major name will be Jeff Hardy. He's been jobbed out on main event recently.

• Advertisement

Who would be considered a major name/s in the WWE these days that would really shock anyone if they are released.

40 something year old mid carders wouldn't be shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

If this turns out to be true I really think the company is being prepared for a sale. They're cutting things down to the bone and bringing in a lot of Entertainment executives. Think the prominent positioning of Nick Khan is more palatable than having Vince or the McMahons at the helm when acquired.

Who would be considered a major name/s in the WWE these days that would really shock anyone if they are released.

40 something year old mid carders wouldn't be shocking.

That's true. I still think Hardy is a major name in wrestling so that's why that type of wording could be used, even though he's been booked as a jabroni by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Well the likes of aleister Black, ricochet, Keith Lee could all be considered big names to chop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Would be gas if Cole was fed to Kross and then sent on his way. No more hoarding talent on NXT with above average wages.

If releases do happen this week and any "major stars" are included, they'd be able to show up at All Out on September 5th after their 90 day no compete ends. Makes me think they'll delay them until next week (if the reports of releases are true) if WWE realise that :pac:

Releasing Black a few weeks after they bring his wife back would be so WWE.

Who is someone you would like to see released so they can go to AEW for example (not including untouchables like Roman, Becky, Rollins, Orton etc.)

I would love to see Asuka go to AEW. I think she's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Who is someone you would like to see released so they can go to AEW for example (not including untouchables like Roman, Becky, Rollins, Orton etc.)

I would love to see Asuka go to AEW. I think she's brilliant.

Adam Cole saves Hangman from an Elite beatdown, roof blows clean off the place, new "Bay Bay" tshirts become the hottest selling item in history

everybody wins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not specifically to AEW, although that would be cool too, but I'd love to see them free Tozawa so he could go back to Dragongate. Asuka is a great shout too.

• Advertisement

Sammi El Generico Zayn & Ember Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Braun Strowman? I definitely didn't expect that..

Tony Khan please stay away from Braun.

Tony Khan please stay away from Braun.

Agree 1000%

I’m guessing they didn’t rehire Thea Trinidad a few weeks ago so.

Black and her would be good in AEW.

Lana no doubt will join Miro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And after Aleister just returned with his new character.

Ruby being released bums me out too.

Sean Ross Sapp really gets the scoops these days ahead of Meltzer and the likes. He always seems to be the one to break the big stories now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strowman has me stunned. Thought he'd be a lifer, given his look.

Black is a hilarious example of how short sighted they are. Spending weeks building him up, introduce him to feud with a top baby face, bring his wife back...and sack him. Unreal.

Advertisement