Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snooker season 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The usual frustrating ding...chance there to take an off colour judd today but couldn't raise his game to do it. Intriguing match at times but low on quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Has Ding resigned himself mentally, to feeling he'll never progress any further than he has? He seems so flakey these days

Inviere wrote: »
    Has Ding resigned himself mentally, to feeling he'll never progress any further than he has? He seems so flakey these days

Given that impression for a while i believe. Could just pop up and deliver a world title when nobodys expecting but hard to have much faith in it. Interview at the masters where he was saying how hard he was finding the circumstances but they can all drum out that excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Lisowski going well...

Good to see Barry Hawkins back playing well, does have a habit of coming strong towards the end of the season. Judd has looked vulnerable all week so big chance for him here. Should really be 4-0 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Ah Barry, 3-1 up, the last thing he needed to be doing was giving Trump an easy start and let him get his rhythm going.

And as I type Trump misses a blue to corner with his right hand...

Dunno what shot judd tried to play on the brown, just not playing at all well this week. Saying that, you never know when he's going to crank up a gear but barry got to be thinking about turning the screw here.

Dunno what shot judd tried to play on the brown, just not playing at all well this week. Saying that, you never know when he's going to crank up a gear but barry got to be thinking about turning the screw here.

Absolutely, get the match won. I’m tired of watching Trump win playing average, even badly. Especially when his opponent wilts from infront. How many times has Trump won when he should have been beaten in the last 12 months, too many.

Barry looking more than solid here though, playing some nice snooker, don’t see him losing it.

Terrible miss. First big chance busted.

Terrible miss. First big chance busted.

Thought Barry had the nerve, but no, the wilting begins...

• Advertisement

Probably not the worst but have definitely seen barry wilt on plenty of occasions in the past. Although you'd think with his level of experience... We'll see if he does get another chance.

Trump got to be strong favourite to win the decider

I can’t believe how badly Hawkins has played in the last 2 frames, so frustrating to watch.

Cant fault judd for keeping winning, but i'd say he was no more than 50% today, like all week really, no touch or feel at all. Barry had two proper chances to win in the last frame alone, very disappointing.

Cant fault judd for keeping winning, but i'd say he was no more than 50% today, like all week really, no touch or feel at all. Barry had two proper chances to win in the last frame alone, very disappointing.

Bet he turns it on for the final

eric hoone wrote: »
    Bet he turns it on for the final

Wouldn't surprise me, whether he'd have to or not. Ford or lisowski? Latter by far the more capable but still hasnt won anything and blew it again against judd in the grand prix final. Though did at least show a bit of fight in the end in that match. Still have judd a good favourite against either even if not totally firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Funny that the 2 lads missing from the Masters due to Covid, Trump and Lisowski, in the very next tournament, are in the German Masters final.

That was a sublime shot by lisowski to get white behind green but he didn't capitalise on it and trails 1-3. Just not clinical enough and applying pressure, familiar enough story at this stage!

Judd Trump’s matches are unwatchably one sided. Everyone on the tour is terrified of him.

Lisowski up against it now

• Advertisement

Needs to get out of this 3-5 and still some hope. Anything worse i think its basically good night vienna.

Carbon copy of recent grand prix final. Judd wins first, jack levels, then judd wins next four. Jack did rally that evening but far too little too late when pressure effectively lifted. Needs somehow to learn how to change the record.

Judd Trump’s matches are unwatchably one sided. Everyone on the tour is terrified of him.

I'd say only Ronnie and Robertson believe they can compete with Judd in a final

Excluding championship league, judd has been in 16 finals since 2018 and won 14 of them. Thats impressive by any metric, probably is more vulnerable earlier rounds as some say. Both finals he lost were v robbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

any thought on the shoot out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

robinwing wrote: »

I think it'll suffer more than most events from the behind closed doors factor, as it's usp is a rowdy drunk crowd and how the players respond to playing in those boisterous conditions.

From a playing pov, nothing much in the 10 renewals to suggest it's anything other a lottery really. A few players have got to the business end on two or three occasions but that's probably just statistical likelihood.

Anyway thanks for the reminder, will definitely be watching as one of my favourite events. Hopefully some epic 60 seconds clearances in store.

Used to hate it but have come to terms with it past couple of years, can take it for what it is though would prefer it wasnt a ranking event, for all its not big money. No crowd mightnt be the worst thing that's happened it in one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Was wondering will they add crowd " sound effects" like they did with the darts recently , would be bizarre

A nonsense tournament. Will keep an eye out for the Irish lads to see if they can pick up some ranking points though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Hit and hope, a novelty event, shouldn't be any ranking points on offer, I wonder how Eddie Charlton would have got on.

Advertisement