Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly breakfast time \o/

You're like Jessica Fletcher Seph .. :D

*hums the theme tune to murder she wrote*

:pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nearly breakfast time \o/

*hums the theme tune to murder she wrote*

:pac: :D

Oh great, now i have that running through my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dentist stuff over with for now. Such a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

We upgraded our tv package and it only cost us 7 pounds extra. We have so many channels now that I used to love and missed and now I don't even know what to watch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    We upgraded our tv package and it only cost us 7 pounds extra. We have so many channels now that I used to love and missed and now I don't even know what to watch :D

Thought you'd be watching videos all morning to keep you amused

Beethoven's 9th Symphony, the most glorious work of art created by a human.

While I much prefer the calm of Beethoven's piano music to orchestral or symphonic pieces, the more I listen to his 9th Symphony, the more out of the world it is. It is just full of the vigour of life. Alive. The choral finale (4th movement) and its deep voices in particular is so versatile.

(starts at 59:00)

Anyway, the most entertaining twist in the past two weeks of my singing to the 9th symphony is that I'm "conducting" the 1-year-old and 3-year-old while showing them the above Chicago Symphony Orchestra performance on the laptop on the kitchen table and the whole kitchen goes mad as I "conduct" and they "sing" and laugh (If you're thinking of that Richard Gere 9th Symphony scene in Mr Jones you weren't the only one!). So, fast forward to my daily afternoon walk with the 1-year-old before his bedtime and I'm humming away the 9th Symphony as we walk and I notice his little hands moving and he's looking at me and moving his hands and fingers conducting me!!! Double take, right there. While that's crazily cute, he then humps his little shoulders a bit and moves his right finger and then his hand tentatively and then firmly to calm the music down (at this stage he's not even conducting me but the pillar to somebody's gate). So many layers of unexpected cuteness in the simple things. These are the best walks ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I passed my exams, have my degree! I can't believe it, so so happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

"Congratulations!"

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Graces7 wrote: »
    "Congratulations!"

Thank you! Can't stop smiling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well done. Now the real work begins. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Ahhh I'm so happy for you! I know you haven't had an easy time of it with your health so I hope you are really proud of yourself right now. Congratulations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

WELL DONE !!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Well done! Be very proud.

TH my elderly cat on the back of the sofa, right at my ear, purring away like a chainsaw. She's trying to sneak in on my shoulder, looking for cuddles.

madmaggie wrote: »

TH my elderly cat on the back of the sofa, right at my ear, purring away like a chainsaw. She's trying to sneak in on my shoulder, looking for cuddles.

My cats are loving the outdoors here... two are 13 and rolling in the sunshine. Then they arrive in my bed and purr.. Happy cats make happy people

A fun filled Granda day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats Well done ;):D

Many, many congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Many, many congrats!

First, +1 with the sentiment BMBT...

... Second, I FIGURED IT OUT !!!
    Your username !
    Bloody hell I'm slow.
    It was bothering me ever since I saw it, I was trying anagrams, swapping syllables, I did think at one stage there was a code, like o=p etc... I knew it was just a little stretch away...

very TH I figured it, but kind of TA I feel like a fool because of you you know... (Wags finger at smartypants username)

Graces7 wrote: »
    . Happy cats make happy people

Ain't that the truth :3.

First, +1 with the sentiment BMBT...

... Second, I FIGURED IT OUT !!!
    Your username !
    Bloody hell I'm slow.
    It was bothering me ever since I saw it, I was trying anagrams, swapping syllables, I did think at one stage there was a code, like o=p etc... I knew it was just a little stretch away...

very TH I figured it, but kind of TA I feel like a fool because of you you know... (Wags finger at smartypants username)

Can't be Jack Kannoff or Erik Shin all the time now can I ?
    ;)

• Advertisement

The great harvest of vegetables and fruit from the garden, after a poor start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don’t get it. I’d be happy being helped out about the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

I gave up trying to figure it out lol lol

Hold your phone upside down ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

That's class! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wow !! Brilliant

That's class! :)

I actually used it a few years ago..had a dot between the words, now it's a space..but thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ran around like a cray cray today to get things done and ppl settled.
    All going to my plan, tomorrow its just me, M&S cheese puffs and back to back episodes of 'Salamander'!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha class. Now it seems so obvious

Sweet silence and peace in the night. Kitchen looking a little less like a battlefield after 4 big boxes of groceries exploded in it. Cats will be eating dog food as sometimes the lady who packs the boxes gets mixed up... but food is food. Better than no food...

All is as it should be and that is a happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Congratulations! :D

Ripe, fresh strawberries... taste of summer, kept safe to renew summer in winter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just pegged out a line full of freshly washed towels, bound for the local cat rescue.
    TH, there were so many unused towels in the house, so its great they are going to such a good cause, and they will dry free.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Sorry for the TMI but I finally just got my period, 3 weeks late. I've never been so anxious in my life. I'm crippled in pain but so happy that I'm not pregnant by my ex. The relief is unreal!!!

What a glorious day! Bumble Bees in their dozens are chiming through the foxgloves and filling the garden with a wonderful sound of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My class 'Graduated' from our school today. It was terribly cute. One girl called it our "gradualations day", she was getting all mixed up!

We took our classes to the playground and had ice cream to celebrate. Such a lovely day.

I gave my mam a packet of white chocolate buttons and she was delighted with them :o and then I said "3euros please mam" and then she grabbed a tea towel and told me to get out ya pup ya :D.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You were lucky she didn't get the wooden spoon! Still, worth a shot, eh?

My gran has had a lot of stress lately and passed out cold last week, and she was admitted to hospital for tests. Luckily nothing has shown up and she's been discharged today. I was actually shaking with relief. :)

• Advertisement

Sun and sea and wind and shore... flowers I cannot ID, birds with no fear of humanity.... sweet peace... candescent happiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just got a bottle of vanilla Coke Zero. Tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke used to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Just got a bottle of vanilla Coke Zero. Tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke used to :D

Nyom! Found real glass bottles of coke in Centra the other day. Sounds weird but tastes so much nicer out of a glass bottle

TH after hearing baby Fart copying her dada saying the word 'balloon' perfectly-Very proud mama right here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cold beer. Really cold.

Sounds weird but tastes so much nicer out of a glass bottle

Totally agree! they also have them in Dunnes 4 for 4.50 atm.
    Cold beer. Really cold.

What kind of beer :pac:?

A long, laugh punctuated, chat at the gate with a passing neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What kind of beer :pac:?

Mahou cervezas according to the label on my glass!

The echoes from the snoring dog make me smile with a happy.

Living here has rejuvenated her and I cannot always walk her as I did today. Sheer utter joy is dog here and so are the cats.

so now happy that dog is sleeping the sleep of sheer exhaustion! She deserves the best, loyal companion that she is!

When I go in to collect the little gasúr from crèche, the Spaniards working there - about 95% of the staff - all have attached the Spanish diminutive suffix ito onto the end of his Irish name. It's cute!

The 3-year-old bet everybody in the potato and spoon race in her school's sports' day today. I was in awe of her as she managed to hold down that potato on the spoon with her hand as she ran past everybody. hehe.

The number of cheating little feckers in that sports day who are two and three years of age. Some of those parents - particularly the daddys - were getting an awful lot of fun from watching their own cheating bastard sprogeen (in fairness, it was mostly the buachaillí; some of the more studious girls were way at the end as they followed the actual rules and went through all the obstacles that the lads just ignored to get to the finish line first.)

If some psychologist did a longitudinal study based on watching these kids on sports day and how they got on in later life it would be interesting (like the famous Marshmallow Experiment on delayed gratification.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Ocean's Eight at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.

Reading the "happies" here makes me happy... Happiness is infectious; let us have a happiness epidemic ... I don't always understand the references but happiness is multi-lingual and needs no translating.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement