Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will any Sportives go ahead in 2021?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Lagers were a bit off trend for them, unfortunately. The Coffee one was lovely. Had good beer chats with him at one of the big grills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

tour of kilkenny going ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

first one ive seen advertised is tour of monaghan on june 13th run by emyvale cycling club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

fryup wrote: »

Still up in the air, but logistics of staggered starts, no proper food stops etc makes it questionable. To be decided!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭this.lad

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Still up in the air, but logistics of staggered starts, no proper food stops etc makes it questionable. To be decided!!

You'd want the grub on that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

first one ive seen advertised is tour of monaghan on june 13th run by emyvale cycling club

Quays the route like? Very little info on d'web

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Sandwell

There are links to the two routes at http://www.cyclingulster.com/tour-of-monaghan-entry-opens/

I'm from the area and either route will be challenging enough if you haven't the miles in your legs. It's drumlin country which means there's very little flat, just constant energy-sapping short hills. I don't think I'll be doing it this year but it's a well organised event from a long-established club along fairly quiet country roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Sandwell wrote: »
    There are links to the two routes at http://www.cyclingulster.com/tour-of-monaghan-entry-opens/

I'm from the area and either route will be challenging enough if you haven't the miles in your legs. It's drumlin country which means there's very little flat, just constant energy-sapping short hills. I don't think I'll be doing it this year but it's a well organised event from a long-established club along fairly quiet country roads.

I would concur with this - did the longer route back in 2019 - no 'killer climbs' (in my opinion) although as I recall there were a couple of short steep-ish hills near the end of the route. We got a great day for it then, and I managed to stay in a group which worked well together for a good part of the day (which was a pleasant surprise because the weather leaving my house in Belfast in the morning was truly, truly awful). I was well ready for the burger at the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

fryup wrote: »

It has been decided now by the committee ( of which I’m not a member) that unfortunately due to the logistics of max group of 100, need for multiple waves, marshalling etc and inability to have proper food stops for that many, that this year will also be a blank on the Tour de Kilkenny calendar. ðŸ™ðŸ™

Now, if somebody does want to organise a trip for a few mates to come down and do the route sometime, I’m sure I could find a file of the route somewhere. Just drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭this.lad

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    It has been decided now by the committee ( of which I’m not a member) that unfortunately due to the logistics of max group of 100, need for multiple waves, marshalling etc and inability to have proper food stops for that many, that this year will also be a blank on the Tour de Kilkenny calendar. ðŸ™ðŸ™

Now, if somebody does want to organise a trip for a few mates to come down and do the route sometime, I’m sure I could find a file of the route somewhere. Just drop me a PM.

Pity but understandable. Did it twice and really enjoyed it both times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Not really a sportif, more a 2-day charity cycle from Sligo to Bray in early August: https://www.purplehouse.ie/2021-cycle-challenges/

*phew* Managed to squeeze into the first tranche of tickets for the Reservoir Dog in September - I don't do Facebook any more and just stumbled across a post on Instagram about registration opening earlier this evening. Fingers crossed it goes ahead as planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

AxleAddict wrote: »
    *phew* Managed to squeeze into the first tranche of tickets for the Reservoir Dog in September - I don't do Facebook any more and just stumbled across a post on Instagram about registration opening earlier this evening. Fingers crossed it goes ahead as planned.

Just about to post that I'm a bit pi**ed off at having missed out despite having registered my interest on Facebook ages ago. No sign of any email about early registration which is apparently what should have happened . Hopefully there will be more spaces after July and the booking system will be a bit clearer.

Just about to post that I'm a bit pi**ed off at having missed out despite having registered my interest on Facebook ages ago. No sign of any email about early registration which is apparently what should have happened . Hopefully there will be more spaces after July and the booking system will be a bit clearer.

Thats a shame. Could it have ended up in your junk mail perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Hi Mercian Pro,

Emails went out yesterday after lunch to all of the 152 email addresses we had from the preregistration . I am sorry that you didn't receive one. I do not know what went wrong there. Don't worry we will sort you out when we are allowed sell the next Tranche of Tickets by Cycling Ireland. We are expecting these to go on release in July. I will message you beforehand to ensure you get registered. Again, apologies that you didn't get a pre-reg email. A gremlin in the works there somewhere!

Getting the ticketing set up on Eventmaster has taken much longer than usual this year We only got the link active two days ago after a lot of work in the background. The process has changed significantly this year. We will give more notice of the release of the next batch of tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Corker1 wrote: »
    Hi Mercian Pro,

Emails went out yesterday after lunch to all of the 152 email addresses we had from the preregistration . I am sorry that you didn't receive one. I do not know what went wrong there. Don't worry we will sort you out when we are allowed sell the next Tranche of Tickets by Cycling Ireland. We are expecting these to go on release in July. I will message you beforehand to ensure you get registered. Again, apologies that you didn't get a pre-reg email. A gremlin in the works there somewhere!

Is there a way to pre reg for the second tranche? Would be great to get this in the diary.Cheers

Is there a way to pre reg for the second tranche? Would be great to get this in the diary.Cheers

I'm not sure Maxamillius. I will ask our Tech guy. The pre-registrations accounted for a big chunk of entries so far. And as we saw from Mercian Pro if it doesn't work perfectly it can be very frustrating. What we can definitely do before the next Tranche is give better advanced notice across our communications channels. It was a bit rushed for the first ticket release TBH. We were originally hoping to have the Eventmaster link sorted by 4th June. For better visibility here I will start a dedicated thread on Boards for The Reservoir Dog 2021 giving plenty of notice for the second Tranche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wasn't sure on the dates, so didn't pre-register, but club racing yesterday evening when it went live anyway. On works time would be better! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

not sure what the numbers were like but well done emyvale CC

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Tour of beara going ahead it’s full but you can add your name to waiting list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Any updates in the National sportive calendar? Would be nice to have something in the pipeline for August or September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimbo789

A new charity cycle announced last week. 155km with lots of stops and looks like a very leisurely pace judging by the stop times.

Majorca 312 is back on the 24th October

I remember when they first postponed this in 2020 it was rescheduled for early October (can't remember the exact date - but I think it was either the first or second week in October) and even then there were questions around limited daylight hours, so I was surprised when they announced the rescheduled date for 2021 and it was even later in October - I mean, it may be fine if you're super fit and whizz around the course, but for those who might need the full 14 hours (arriving back at the finish line around 9pm at night) it's gonna be pretty dark - there's also a greater chance of poorer weather conditions.

According to this website, sunrise is 08:07 and sunset is 18:55 on 24th October:

Sunrise and sunset times in Alcúdia, October 2021 (timeanddate.com)

I'm itching to get back and do it for the third time, but I think I'll leave it until next year at least, and even then we'll have to see what the post-winter COVID situation is. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

That's the excuse I am using for only doing the 167 route 😁

Advertisement