Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭del roy

if ya look back at Joe's blog on Corals last year he really fancied some of the horses to winlast year only for them to run stinkers, deffo something up last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

del roy wrote: »
    if ya look back at Joe's blog on Corals last year he really fancied some of the horses to winlast year only for them to run stinkers, deffo something up last year.

We will see after Haydock.

I don't think he is bomb proof either, I would like to see him grab a few winners before then.

FROM LAST SEASONS STABLE TOUR FROM JESSIE.

Discordantly
    5g Salutino – Collinstown Queen
    The Oddfellows Partnership
    332819-
    RPR 136h OR 130h
    He’s a lovely horse. I was delighted with him last year. He improved as the season went on and he had some very good runs, including at Cheltenham, and he’ll go novice chasing. I think that’s what he’s built to do.

Discordantly (right) could make a mark in novice chases this season – Caroline Norris

SICKENER FOOKIN 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I just don't think they ( Tizzard's ) are exactly flying atm?

Yeah they have been in terrible form, only one winner from his last 25 runners and 20 of those 25 runners were single figure prices.

Didn't realise Colin lost his daughter to cancer last year, I hope all his family are helping each other to get thru it. extrembley hard for them all.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Yeah they have been in terrible form, only one winner from his last 25 runners and 20 of those 25 runners were single figure prices.

Eldorado Allen ran fairly well all things considered. Could be useful. Although that was a class 3 handicap it is lightly raced. But what worries me most is your comment on the prices, they are not going unbacked and still losing races, not good.

del roy wrote: »
    FROM LAST SEASONS STABLE TOUR FROM JESSIE.

Discordantly
    5g Salutino – Collinstown Queen
    The Oddfellows Partnership
    332819-
    RPR 136h OR 130h
    He’s a lovely horse. I was delighted with him last year. He improved as the season went on and he had some very good runs, including at Cheltenham, and he’ll go novice chasing. I think that’s what he’s built to do.

Discordantly (right) could make a mark in novice chases this season – Caroline Norris

SICKENER FOOKIN 14/1

Table biting stuff. She had a 20/1 winner at Dundalk on Friday also, it is a tough game.

I see Venetia Williams has started okayish. I was surprised when her's spat the dummy on the home turn today, I backed it. She gets winners this time of year .
    The other elephant in the room is Sheila Lewis, 5 from 5 last 2 weeks. She is killing it. She has another out at Bangor on Tuesday.

1st - KAUTO THE KING

Tizzard is starting to pull together a decent little record in Novice Handicap Chases at Wincanton in recent years (since start of 2018) especially with his runners that have previously run at the track...51135131231 (5/11, 4p | 45% S/R | +£20.53 BFLSP), this one fitting that angle here. The horse himself was a 13 race novice prior to this, his first try over fences, so there must be hope that now he's over the larger obstacles he'll start to kick on with his career.

The Russian Doyen

Third, Fontwell, Wednesday

This seven-year-old was making his first start for 347 days and, given Colin Tizzard's horses have been taking their time to come to hand (one winner from runners 25 in the last fortnight at the time of writing), this was a highly encouraging effort.

Under pressure a long way out on tiring ground, he stayed on dourly under Robbie Power to finish third to Chirico Vallis and Mr Pumblechook.

He's a far better chaser – he was fourth in the 2019 novice handicap at the Cheltenham Festival off 141 – and will go to the Paddy Power Gold Cup now as a well-handicapped, unexposed horse with a cracking each-way chance. He's a huge price at 50-1. [Maddy Playle]

Only Unibet were going 50/1 time of print, Maddy must of had a tenner e/w with them, best price now 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Who is taking over for Jessie now that Puppy is gone to the UK?

• Advertisement

Who is taking over for Jessie now that Puppy is gone to the UK?

It looks like Paddy Kennedy is getting the leg up atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It looks like Paddy Kennedy is getting the leg up atm.

Makes for some nice sibling rivalry... is Paddy the older?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Makes for some nice sibling rivalry... is Paddy the older?

Yea hes a few years older

They are both great pilots.

One of the O'Keefe's is getting used a fair bit in handicaps also, are they brothers also, Jedd and whoever S O'Keefe is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Looking forward to seeing Latest Exhibition tomorrow.
    Have him backed for the RSA and with Longhouse Poet also running should be a good race to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The AB from last year was one of the best finishes i've seen at Cheltenham. Was on Fury Road myself, who's staying hurdling.

Monkfish looks like he'll improve most as he's so big, can only assume he's still filling out. RSA looks a cracker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Slattsy wrote: »
    The AB from last year was one of the best finishes i've seen at Cheltenham. Was on Fury Road myself, who's staying hurdling.

Monkfish looks like he'll improve most as he's so big, can only assume he's still filling out. RSA looks a cracker!!

Was on Fury Road too. It was a cracking race and one that will see plenty of winners this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Christ if Monkfish got any bigger he'd need an axle, some size of a thing.

RSA looks some race, even with Envoi Allen sure to go to the JLT. At current prices I'd be looking at The Big Breakaway, looks to be crying out for 3m.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Will envoi how JLT??

I see Mick pastor is out tomorrow aswell, some interesting races tomorrow,

I like Jessie’s runner in the first

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

stretchaq wrote: »
    Will envoi how JLT??

I see Mick pastor is out tomorrow aswell, some interesting races tomorrow,

I like Jessie’s runner in the first

Great shout. Nearly pulled the trigger myself but saving myself for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Doubled with Mick pastor too so he will probably lose

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Noel Meade has been saying Tous est Permis has been working better than ever ahead of the 3m chase at Down Royal. 25s is a big price considering Delta Work ran a stinker there last year and Presenting Percy isn't the horse we thought he would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

The standard of staying chasers is fantastic at the moment. The RSA and Gold Cup already look like the two most exciting races at this years festival

Noel Meade has been saying Tous est Permis has been working better than ever ahead of the 3m chase at Down Royal. 25s is a big price considering Delta Work ran a stinker there last year and Presenting Percy isn't the horse we thought he would be.

Only 12's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Only 12's now.

They panicked seeing my €7.50 e/w going down on it

They panicked seeing my €7.50 e/w going down on it

It is not a bad bet at around 20's. Delta Work did not try in the same race last year. Percy looks underpriced. Chris's Dream is a bad price. The Storyteller is not good enough. Shattered love is a grade 1 winner, her price is reasonable and she has won 2 x grade 1's, albeit as a novice, but still.

I would wait for the decs, Snow Falcon shouldn't be good enough he has never won a grade 1, but the race has turned over lots of favs over the years, I would be looking for value myself. Given Tou Est Permit's profile a case can be argued, especially if it got boggy, he has never won a grade 1 either so 12/1 1/5 odds is skimpy.

If Delta Work was fully tuned he would cream them all, but I doubt he is and given that his price is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

It is not a bad bet at around 20's. Delta Work did not try in the same race last year. Percy looks underpriced. Chris's Dream is a bad price. The Storyteller is not good enough. Shattered love is a grade 1 winner, her price is reasonable and she has won 2 x grade 1's, albeit as a novice, but still.

I would wait for the decs, Snow Falcon shouldn't be good enough he has never won a grade 1, but the race has turned over lots of favs over the years, I would be looking for value myself. Given Tou Est Permit's profile a case can be argued, especially if it got boggy, he has never won a grade 1 either so 12/1 1/5 odds is skimpy.

If Delta Work was fully tuned he would cream them all, but I doubt he is and given that his price is a joke.

How can anyone back Delta Work at 13/8 after his showing in it last year. He's currently 25s for the gold cup. I'm hoping a poor run here (like last years) might move him out to 33/1! I'd certainly go in on him at 33s for the gold cup then.

People forget that him and kemboy killed eachother on heavy ground in the irish gold cup just 5/6 weeks before cheltenham. Delta Work will have a much lighter campaign this year and will go much closer at cheltenham.

How can anyone back Delta Work at 13/8 after his showing in it last year. He's currently 25s for the gold cup. I'm hoping a poor run here (like last years) might move him out to 33/1! I'd certainly go in on him at 33s for the gold cup then.

People forget that him and kemboy killed eachother on heavy ground in the irish gold cup just 5/6 weeks before cheltenham. Delta Work will have a much lighter campaign this year and will go much closer at cheltenham.

Mark Walsh gave him a poor ride in last years Gold Cup. The horse never settled correctly and jumped erratically, it was a poor run and should be ignored, albeit any horse that has won a Pertemps, 5 Grade 1's and only beaten 6 lengths in a Gold Cup should be going into any mugs notebook. That still mightn't stop him being beaten by a stablemate on Saturday however.

I watched this last night and despite the fact that I fancy the arse off Emma Lavelle and I have my doubts about Paisley Park this year. I reckon the hard whipping has tempered his enthusiasm... maybe? They get cute after a while and given the whipping he has received over the last few years to get him going.

She said that the Hennessy is the " Gold Cup " for the Rasher Counter. I reckon they should run it like a pig and then throw it in the Grand National, but what do I know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I watched this last night and despite the fact that I fancy the arse off Emma Lavelle and I have my doubts about Paisley Park this year. I reckon the hard whipping has tempered his enthusiasm... maybe? They get cute after a while and given the whipping he has received over the last few years to get him going.

She said that the Hennessy is the " Gold Cup " for the Rasher Counter. I reckon they should run it like a pig and then throw it in the Grand National, but what do I know?

i worry for your wellbeing if you fancy the arse off Emma lavelle.

Advertisement