Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Check out the slideshow on my cab restoration thread. you'll see pics of how I went about it.

Tina of peas to hold the art in place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Check out the slideshow on my cab restoration thread. you'll see pics of how I went about it.

Tina of peas to hold the art in place!

Tin of peas you say. Will check it out thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »
    Tin of peas you say. Will check it out thanks.

Must be peas. Cannot be substituted with other canned goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Must be peas. Cannot be substituted with other canned goods.

You are one of the experts, i respect your choice of canned vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a pair of these on the way :) Not entirely sure why...

negcon.jpg

JogCon.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Noooo!
    The JogCon!
    The worst analogue controller ever!
    The worst force feedback controller ever!
    I hope you've the VHI paid up because that thing is going to feck up your thumbs!
    It's dreadful, I know, I got one on release, for use with Ridge Racer Type 4 and it was dreadful, so so bad.
    The NegCon was a revelation, but that infernal thing, pants, the Rise of the Robots of controllers.
    You might say I don't like it very much....

So its not very good then ?

Was going to add support for it to the supergun code, thought the wheel could be any interesting control for the likes of Trash Rally,Neo Drift Out, World Rally type of games ? Force feedback would be disabled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tis absolute pish unfortunately. What you want is a NegCon as applebeveragedude said.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tis absolute pish unfortunately. What you want is a NegCon as applebeveragedude said.

One of them on the way as well from JPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Got this for 30 down in the player1 shop in Maynooth, a good tenner under getting it on ebay shipped.
    5a3m8aB.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I absolutely adore Grandia. It has far and away the best JRPG combat system of any game I've played. The saturday morning style plot is excellent and full of charm. Pity the voice acting is kind of crappy outside of the 3 mainb characters who are servicable. The PAL conversion is unfortunately the usual crappy 50Hz slowed down hack job, I really need to buy my PS1 collection back as NTSC sometime soon.

Also a major pity we never got the Saturn version of Grandia which looks a bit better than the PS1 version but the fact we can play it at all is a small miracle.

I absolutely adore Grandia. It has far and away the best JRPG combat system of any game I've played. The saturday morning style plot is excellent and full of charm. Pity the voice acting is kind of crappy outside of the 3 mainb characters who are servicable. The PAL conversion is unfortunately the usual crappy 50Hz slowed down hack job, I really need to buy my PS1 collection back as NTSC sometime soon.

Also a major pity we never got the Saturn version of Grandia which looks a bit better than the PS1 version but the fact we can play it at all is a small miracle.

I'm loving it so far only about an hour and a half in, Normally I can't stick out arcadey style games but the art and music is really nice.

I don't mind 50hz at all, with the exception of fighting games, and I can force it to 60hz with freemcboot anyways :pac:

Looks great via RGB SCART too.

RxctTuV.jpg

It annoys me loads with RPGs. A slow battle system can make a game much less enjoyable and 50Hz has ruined some games for me. Also when you see at the end of the game that you spent 40-60 hours playing it it's 10-15 hours of your life you'll never get back bacause it's in 50 Hz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

airmax87 wrote: »
    and I can force it to 60hz with freemcboot anyways

How can it be done?

Myrddin wrote: »
    How can it be done?

Bascially if you softmod a ps2 and put free mcboot on the memory card, It can run some apps from USB.
    With the GSM .elf (all the apps are .elf files), you can force games to be ntsc, pal, pal60 , even 480p, 720p and 1080i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

airmax87 wrote: »
    Bascially if you softmod a ps2 and put free mcboot on the memory card, It can run some apps from USB.
    With the GSM .elf (all the apps are .elf files), you can force games to be ntsc, pal, pal60 , even 480p, 720p and 1080i.

Very interesting, I'd not heard of GSM for FMcB before...

I'm guessing forcing 60 hz screws up the music though since a lot of pal conversions at least corrected the music speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It annoys me loads with RPGs. A slow battle system can make a game much less enjoyable and 50Hz has ruined some games for me. Also when you see at the end of the game that you spent 40-60 hours playing it it's 10-15 hours of your life you'll never get back bacause it's in 50 Hz.

Haha! I never thought of that.

17% of a 50 hour game is 8.5 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I see it as an added lifespan bonus that those ntsc fools never had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Spent a little too much this week I think. Need to stop!

Is the ps3 retro yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Spent a little too much this week I think. Need to stop!

Is the ps3 retro yet?

Are they still making games for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Are they still making games for it?

Hmm, I think so, but just ports and Japanese RPG's at this stage, so, yeah I guess it's not lol.

Still, some great games are stupid cheap at the moment.

I'm obsessed with the psp at the moment, have built up some collection for it over the past month. Nothing else is getting a look in at the moment.

Hmm, I think so, but just ports and Japanese RPG's at this stage, so, yeah I guess it's not lol.

Still, some great games are stupid cheap at the moment.

I'm obsessed with the psp at the moment, have built up some collection for it over the past month. Nothing else is getting a look in at the moment.

The end of a consoles life is when the interesting stuff comes out and usually those end of life RPGs end up being the rarest and most expensive games on the format :) There's still some really good stuff coming out on it such as the recent Lost Dimension.

I really need to go ahead and mod my ps1, the japanese counterparts are so much cheaper !

So my Jogcon and Ridge Racer 4 turned up.. Lets just say Ciderman was right..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Doge

So it's safe to say you got jog-conned?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Every now and again it happens, statistically speaking I have to be correct now and then, purely by accident!
    It's an awful controller, I understand when a third party company lashes out a cheap and nasty controller, but someone like Namco, with a record of solid, brilliant controllers, bringing out such an unusable piece of rubbish...
    It ruined my enjoyment of RRt4 as well, add I tried it with the JogCon first.
    It's much better with the NegCon though, plus it includes Ridge Racer Hi Spec which is very nice indeed.

How does the saying go? Something like a stopped clock is always right when it's pointing to streets of rage is awesome o'clock?

How does the saying go? Something like a stopped clock is always right when it's pointing to streets of rage is awesome o'clock?

:(

• Advertisement

If the force feedback was removed the wheel tightened up a bit then I reckon it wouldn't be a bad controller. The layout is ok and the wheel as a steering mechanic works pretty well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement