Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

maudgonner wrote: »
    It drives me crazy. You may enjoy the #EmptyCupAwards - Gilmore Girls features prominently :)https://www.facebook.com/Slate/videos/10154013688701438

Thank you for bringing this nerdiness into my life, Maud! :) He’s right that the empty coffee cups take you out of the scene but I’m not sure I agree that TV shows don’t have the time to think about this problem. I think they could deal with it if they tried. Because listen to this Mad Men trivia I’m about to drop: whenever a character on the show was taking a trip, the props department packed a suitcase with exactly what that character would have packed and for the right amount of days they were travelling to get the right level of weightiness to the suitcase. THAT’S how obsessed they were with verisimilitude. So I think other shows could manage the coffee cup thing if they wanted to. Mad Men dealt with liquids just fine now that I think of it.

One of my dream jobs if I could start my life over and choose would be a set/costume designer so I think about this stuff way too much. :pac:
    See also: Cooking a buffet feast for breakfast, only for the entire family to rush out without touching a thing.

YES. That annoys me so much.

And another one: TV cookery shows where they leave half the batter or mixture or whatever in the bowl. What I’ve loved about any time I’ve watched Rachael Ray on TV is that she makes a point of completely scraping the mixture out of the bowl into whatever vessel she’s transferring it to. Like, she actually has made a point of mentioning it on numerous occasions. I really appreciate it, Rachael, I really really do. A woman after my own heart. I hate food waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Haha I absolutely love your post Obvious and agree with everything you've said.

Another thing that annoys me about the Gilmore Girls is the ridiculous attitude towards alcohol. Lorelei rarely drinks but any time she does she makes a complete ass of herself and declares her undying love for Luke only to wake up full of regret with a wet towel draped across her beautifully unfurrowed brow.

Give me a break! I'd love to see her wake up with a kebab stuck to her face screaming Rory!! RORY...bring me some water you overly privileged, pristine, no it all, no nothing jerk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At the self service checkout in Tesco and the person before you walks off and leaves their basket for you to move.
    May the itch of a thousand fleas infest the armpits of these people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Probably has been said but a TA is people ordering a drink in the likes of Fair City

“Give us a pint”

A PINT OF WHAT??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Probably has been said but a TA is people ordering a drink in the likes of Fair City

“Give us a pint”

A PINT OF WHAT??

Obviously a pint of Guinness as an experienced barman would know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm lucky, after years of procrastination I have a good routine going,
    I'm getting things done as needed and have fewer issues remembering the small things that make a difference in written work.

Even tho I feel I will never get this next assessment done, IM SO BORED! trivial I know as lots of people tell me they would swop with me in a heartbeat!

Ta, Never ending fracking boredom.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

blade1 wrote: »
    At the self service checkout in Tesco and the person before you walks off and leaves their basket for you to move.
    May the itch of a thousand fleas infest the armpits of these people!

You don’t have to touch it, just put your basket on top of it, are you aware they fit?

AIB have changed their online banking login from just needing two digits of your PAC to needing all 5.

For the past 20+ years I've had no problem just tapping in digit 2 and digit 5 or whatever when asked.

But now that I suddenly have to type all 5 digits, my mind has gone totally blank.
    I always had to type in 3 digits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Obviously a pint of Guinness as an experienced barman would know.

Except the person gets handed something that looks like lager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I always had to type in 3 digits

Two three, whatever. :rolleyes:

My TA was that I couldn't remember the whole number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You don’t have to touch it, just put your basket on top of it, are you aware they fit?

I don't use a basket.

My second ta today is people questioning other people's ta's. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Apparently my new neighbours are music blasting outdoors on sunny days types :(

blade1 wrote: »
    I don't use a basket.

My second ta today is people questioning other people's ta's. :p

Fair point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Apparently my new neighbours are music blasting outdoors on sunny days types :(

Have someone living near by who does not know how to speak. Listening to a grown man roar all day like he's at a match gets on your nerves quickly. To make it worse he's passing the art onto the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Okay, I think this truly is the most trivial entry I’ve made in this thread and it really is such a small thing but when you’re watching a film or TV show and a character is holding a takeaway coffee cup that supposed to be full but it is clearly empty and they are not even trying to act like there is any liquid in there. Waving it around, holding it at a slant or blatantly showing that there’s no weight to the cup. If the actor finds its hard to pretend, couldn’t they at least put some water in there to give the thing a bit of weight?

Biggest culprits on this score: the Gilmore Girls.

Oh my god this! It's the same when they are using a normal cup hello we can see that it's empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The Saudi Arabia tourist advert
    Every dress you’ve never worn
    Every beat you’ve never felt
    Every road you’ve never taken

Moncrief on the radio “EH” every three words. Like I like him and the show but surely there is some speech therapist he could go to get it sorted or toned down

People in long distance relationships complaining the can’t see their lovers during the pandemic - well boo ****ing woo. How could you be so completely lacking in self awareness that you would ring a radio station about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't remember who rants about DPD on boards but my sister got me a birthday present which was addressed to me in Salthill, Galway, the courier drops it off at a house, 5 houses away from me. The excuse was my shift is about to end, feck sake its only less than a minute to the house in your van. A small TA as I just walked down and collected it. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Elephant & Castle just cancelled our order with no explanation. Just a "Sorry" and "Your payment will be refunded".

I WANT AN EXPLANATION WITH MY REFUND, FUKKERS!!!!

I don't even particularly like E&C but it's my Dad's birthday and that's what he wanted.

Won't be ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Every beat you’ve never felt
    Every road you’ve never taken

Moncrief on the radio “EH” every three words. Like I like him and the show but surely there is some speech therapist he could go to get it sorted or toned down

People in long distance relationships complaining the can’t see their lovers during the pandemic - well boo ****ing woo. How could you be so completely lacking in self awareness that you would ring a radio station about it.

Saudi as if you can wear whatever or do whatever you want. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Seen a group out walking with facemasks.Carrying coffee,like seriously whats the point of either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wear a lot of navy, but by God, it is terrible for attracting cat hair and my own locks too!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bowlardo wrote: »

The blokes wear sort of dresses over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

dubstarr wrote: »
    Seen a group out walking with facemasks.Carrying coffee,like seriously whats the point of either of them.

With their little t-rex coffee holding hands ...would they not go for the walk and have a sit down and coffee afterwards? I'm with you on this one the mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

dubstarr wrote: »

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather sit down for my coffee or tea.
    Running around sipping a cup in hand just looks weird. You've not skipped breakfast and now rushing for the subway for your oh so important meeting in NYC lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

twats who had the "someone unusual you fancy thread" shut down because they couldn't follow simple rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Feel one of my migraines coming on. I knew I shouldn't have had that cheese :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A stupid Android10 update fecked up my phone big time, as if the default "privacy" settings that cannot be changed weren't bad enough! E.g., who would want or allow their calendar to make phone calls without them knowing? Oh, and did I mention that it got updated to 10 without my giving it consent, and that said update corrupted my micro SD card where I had stored lots of very important, irreplaceable pics?

I'm more than TA, I'm more than Extremely A, I'm absolutely raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The sheer inconsistency of the thickness of chocolate in any given pack of digestive biscuits.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People with driveways that don't park in their driveways.

There's a busy country road that I travel frequently and there's a row of houses with driveways that nobody ****ing uses. Instead, they park on the road. They do their best to park right in by their wall, but they're still more than half on the road. It's a bit of a squeeze if there's two cars passing at the same time, and a proper hazard if there's pedestrians. There's a quarry down that road, so lots of trucks, and there isn't room for a truck and any other vehicle to pass, so people frequently have to stop and wait.

Why? Why not park in your ****ing driveway? They leave the gates open all the time anyway so it's not like they're too lazy to get out and open/close them. They'd have a shorter walk to/from the car, their car would be safer and cleaner, and everybody else would be safer and less inconvenienced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My driveway TA: Reversing into my driveway, and the cat decides this is the perfect time to appear from nowhere, sit down in the middle of the driveway, and lick his hole. Completely oblivious, or at least totally irregardless, to the massive vehicle approaching him.

Not wanting to down-play your TA, Blitzkrieger, but maybe those driveway dodgers have similarly insolent, but hole-proud, cats?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement