Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

follow zimmer on the horses backed P Reed on his tip - off to a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Augme

Very interesting top 5 situation. The course is playing an absolute brute so for Reed to come through this afternoon's play with an even par round is excellent.

Reed -4
    DeChambeau -3
    Cabrera bello -2
    Harris english -2
    Justin thomas -2

Outside of those it is hard see anyone else winning it imo. Justin thomas +3 this afternoon would be a worry, can't afford a round like that again. DeChambeau was lucky to be in the morning round where scoring seemed a small bit easier too.

Will be a fascinating few days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

27 players within 7 shots, 2 rounds left, and there is only one - 4 and 1 - 3, of the 2 under, Cabrera Bello has almost no chance, and Harris English despite plodding along nicely is probably going to fall short. Reed has not played as well as his score, but has a hole in one and lots of fine scrambling. Bryson is liable to do anything, but has to hit fairways, and probably won't. Xander Schuffle and Rahm at level & +1, right in it. Good watch so far, Webb Simpson is a live threat +2, and at 40-1 is a tasty price, bar one going a fifth 5 places. Ladbrokes are 10s Schuffle & 12s Rahm, quarter 4 places, so I might go at one of them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

Just backed Sung Jae Im at 25-1 with paddy power to finish top 5 and Matt Wallace at 40-1 to finish top 10 in the US open. Both players striking the ball beautifully both inside the top 4 in tee to green categories so far this week and while both are at +5 at the moment, any round in the 60's today should see them shoot up the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Stuck a fiver on R-Mac for the laugh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have had another view euro on Horschel at 200's on betfair. I have live bets with Bubba and Oosthuizen, I might cash them off at half way tomorrow, I will see.

If Reed leads tonight he will not be caught. When he get his mind around winning he just wins.

New Era wrote: »
    Just backed Sung Jae Im at 25-1 with paddy power to finish top 5 and Matt Wallace at 40-1 to finish top 10 in the US open. Both players striking the ball beautifully both inside the top 4 in tee to green categories so far this week and while both are at +5 at the moment, any round in the 60's today should see them shoot up the leaderboard.

Well Wallace has birdied the first so the way this course is playing that probably puts him up there with Woods and Nicklaus in their primes

Just stuck a bit on Cabrera-Bello too. Feck it he's in third place @33/1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Just stuck a bit on Cabrera-Bello too. Feck it he's in third place @33/1...

I was looking at backing him to have a bit of interest but went with Matsuyama instead

I was looking at backing him to have a bit of interest but went with Matsuyama instead

Mm, looking like you made a slightly better call...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Mm, looking like you made a slightly better call...

Was looking good until the disaster on 17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have just had a bet that the winning score will be - 3 or better with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I have just had a bet that the winning score will be - 3 or better with PP.

Good shout.
    DeChambeau only player under Par which is astonishing and shows how tough the course was.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good shout.
    DeChambeau only player under Par which is astonishing and shows how tough the course was.
    I had Reid backed ew but came out with a profit because i backed the winning score to be -3 or better.When i saw how incredibly well DeChambeau was playing i felt he would finish -3 or better.

His performance was a pleasure to watch and he looked bombproof tonight.

John Catlin is in good form and is very accurate off the tee and thats whats required in the Irish Open,the american has no experience of the course but at 40/1 he gets the burden of my tenner ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Last week was a disaster so my attempts to redeem myself with one runner this week

Lagergren e/w outright and FRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Small bet on Tyler Koivisto at 225/1. Won at Galgorm a few weeks ago on Challenge Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

first rd leader be soren kjeldson 66/1 and ryan fox @33/1 , scrivener 33/1

outright wade ormbsy 66/1 rock @50/1

Small bet on Ryan Fox for interest

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

John Catlin is in good form and is very accurate off the tee and thats whats required in the Irish Open,the american has no experience of the course but at 40/1 he gets the burden of my tenner ew.
    Yahooooo

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    follow zimmer on the horses backed P Reed on his tip - off to a good start
    I hope you followed this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Good shot Zimmer!

A bit more invested this week having had a bit of luck last week.

A tenner ew Catlin 45/1 again this week accuracy and good putting give him a chance and confidence is high.a fiver ew Catlin 35/1 without Fleetwood,Fitzpatrick,Wiesberger,Kaymar and Pieters.5 places PP. Afiver ew B Hebert 45/1. Scottish open.

In the Sanderson Farms Zac Johnson a tenner ew 35/1 could have the game for the course and C Ortiz at 50/1 has a bit of course form and gets my fiver ew.

Great call on Catlin, see no reason he can’t do it again this weekend. My money in Scotland is on Joost Luiten, played well last week finishing t11 and a former winner, Brandon Stone. Played well last time in portugal too. 66/1 and 60/1 respectively. I’ll have a third bet as well but I’m undecided between a couple of Frenchmen as of yet.
    In the Sanderson Farms I’ve had small bets on Denny McCarthy and Kristoffer Ventura at 70/1 and 80/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

rob macintyre on home soil for me @40/1 e/w

soren kjelson gets a little 5e @450/1 on befair .....if he gets to the weekend the wet windy conditions hopefully will not upset him.

wang jeunhun @100/1 e/w as small bit of form in recent outings

munster87 wrote: »
    Great call on Catlin, see no reason he can’t do it again this weekend. My money in Scotland is on Joost Luiten, played well last week finishing t11 and a former winner, Brandon Stone. Played well last time in portugal too. 66/1 and 60/1 respectively. I’ll have a third bet as well but I’m undecided between a couple of Frenchmen as of yet.
    In the Sanderson Farms I’ve had small bets on Denny McCarthy and Kristoffer Ventura at 70/1 and 80/1.

3 out of 4 in the top 10 currently. Long way to go, bit of interest for the weekend at least.

munster87 wrote: »
    3 out of 4 in the top 10 currently. Long way to go, bit of interest for the weekend at least.

Both t19 in Scotland and both t6 in Mississippi. However, a lot of tied places there. Picked the wrong Frenchman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

BMW B&M offers.

Paddy Power: E/W 8 places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties all shop customers.
    Boyles: E/W 8 places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th to Boyle Extra cardholders only.
    Ladbrokes: E/W paying 7 places.

+

Boyles and PP paying 8 places Shriners Open.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    BMW B&M offers.

Paddy Power: E/W 8 places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th including ties all shop customers.
    Boyles: E/W 8 places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th to Boyle Extra cardholders only.
    Ladbrokes: E/W paying 7 places.

+

Boyles and PP paying 8 places Shriners Open.

I mostly bet with PP,my online account is with PP,however the two i fancy are 40s with Boyles only 35 with PP 8 places and one does not have to be on the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Like the look of 5pl 1/4, but W/O 'the big7' : AA & SS, 76-81, Sky people.

There's a 600/1 shortening too, for main 8pl OR, not sure why, ideally it's some 'wisdom of crowds' effect in action.

Advertisement