Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

glenjamin wrote: »
    Finally won my first 5 star raid in beating Kyurem. After 12 balls I couldn't catch him and he fled. Devastated!

Now that raids are live would anyone be interested in doing a WhatsApp group for invites?

I had the same a week ago, big group around me do the 5 star raids on the first "raid hour" for new ones. Got to join in time, ended up with 14 balls and caught nothing but ****ing air, of course the wife got it first ball....

I'd be up for it anyway. How else would you send the code and enter it and join in in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Finally won my first 5 star raid in beating Kyurem. After 12 balls I couldn't catch him and he fled. Devastated!

Now that raids are live would anyone be interested in doing a WhatsApp group for invites?

Same for me. But it will happen eventually for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I had the same a week ago, big group around me do the 5 star raids on the first "raid hour" for new ones. Got to join in time, ended up with 14 balls and caught nothing but ****ing air, of course the wife got it first ball....

I'd be up for it anyway. How else would you send the code and enter it and join in in time?

When in you're in the lobby you're able to invite friends to the raid. If we used WhatsApp we could see who is free to help in the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Yes I’d be up for the WhatsApp group.

Also @Glenjamjn we are going to to best friends in a few days, keep an eye so we can coordinate lucky egg :)

I’m mrsmc974

Whatsapp group sounds good. No-one is ever around to do the raids near my place, I've already missed out on Zekrom and Reshiram as a result. :( Being able to remote into popular raids would be very cool (and then of course I'd probably fail to catch it anyway! :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Anyone doing a meet up tomorrow for Gastly day in Dublin or is anything planned for next weekend yet

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Loads of info spilling out for Go Fest and Post Go Fest lots of good things gonna happen loads of required quests to gain post fest rewards no.info of what's actually happening on day 1 yet just we have lots to do and loads to gain.

Can't wait for Saturday I'm clearing out 700 from my 2500 the storage has been upped to 3500 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

I’d be up for that for sure. 0887 0954 0916 Is trainer code and Fionnman is user. Cheers.let me know and I can pn you my number.

Here's a query now, so someone invites me to a raid, from somewhere down the country say, if it's an ex-raid gym, and the target is hit to have an ex-raid encounter, how will invites get dished out?

Can I be invited to the raid, if I have a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Clickclock12

I think it is in the order they are sent you can only invite 5 and if only 2 of those accept then that’s it. I’ve got invited to raids but if only two or three accept the invitation then it is hard to beat the 5 star boss. That said I have now got dialga, kyurem and Giratina all thanks to raid invitations. Getting the coins to buy the remote pass is my problem 77 today and hoping for 50 more but that will only get me one more pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Is the august community day really Magikarp, that is just pathetic, what has happened to this game

I'll play to get a shiny, that's it. Have 2 gyarados and over 700 candy currently so it's a real slap in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,352 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sawduck wrote: »
    Is the august community day really Magikarp, that is just pathetic, what has happened to this game

I suppose it suits players who haven't been playing since the start so they get candy and a shiny.

I have 5 Hundo Magikarps and 3 Hundo Gyarados and a ton of candy. On CD I'll evolve 2 of the Magikarps, I want to keep one as a Hundo and keep the other two in case there's new moves off into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Sawduck wrote: »
    I'm looking at it more from the 3x stardust perspective.

Sick of the ultra week already. Far too many staryus and the other pink ****ers

At least last week I caught a perfect dratini so was happy out catching the others for the candy and dust to power up and have a perfect dragonite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a few shinies this week already, so beats the dross of that dragon week at least for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm out playing as much as I can have done or invited a few to remote raid stopped using my other accounts only using one now 0wenXIII. 4 Deoxys caught out of 9 raids still no shinies yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I hate this werks theme. Staryu everywhere. I didnt even bother with the spotlight house last night either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, Megas have come to go. Raids are fairly tough, need a decent sized group to take them down reasonably fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Angron wrote: »
    So, Megas have come to go. Raids are fairly tough, need a decent sized group to take them down reasonably fast.

Would love if anyone could add me to raid group.

Code below.
    0887 0954 0916

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Got a shiny Charizard from a mega raid, but kind of pointless since he can't evolve to get the CD moves

Until they increase the remote raid passes to over 3 and include them in a box for 1480 I'm done buying them

My buddies name is now NoRemoteRaids

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Good decision. I’ve only done 1 mega raid so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

In celebration of our Mega September event, you can purchase a one-time bundle of three Remote Raid Passes for 1 PokéCoin in the shop! Remember, you must have fewer than three Remote Raid Passes to purchase more. Learn more here:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/remoteraidmegas2020

I just did a mega raid to complete the special research. A bracelet? Seriously? I want my remote raid pass back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I just did a mega raid to complete the special research. A bracelet? Seriously? I want my remote raid pass back!
    I have the bracelets and I haven't done a Mega Raid yet. I don't think I will do one either.

I loved Megas in ORAS and my Ash-Greninja in Sun but Megas in PoGo seem like a waste of time and resources. The most exciting thing about the September events are more Rhyhorn because I missed Rhyhorn Community Day.

They've tweaked some stuff for the Megas now, but they still don't really seem worth the effort to do the raids.

Not worth spending money on the remote passes I have 20 premium passes still will be in Stephens Green tomorrow am hoping to use a few I'm still hunting a shiny shinx so might go all out for that if there's any about that us

Today I was briefly the owner of two entirely black Tangelas. They weren't shiny (the shiny is green) so I thought they might be some kind of special edition. Alas a few minutes later they had turned back into regular ones (and were promptly transferred out), so it was just some temporary graphics glitch.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot now. Farewell, my short-lived black noodly friends. :(

• Advertisement

It's commonly known as the ninja glitch the holy grail of it being shiny Psyduck for a Sub Zero look.

3 more remote raid passes on Thursday for 1 coin only if you have less than 3 passes in your box.

3 more remote raid passes on Thursday for 1 coin only if you have less than 3 passes in your box.

Where did you read this? I can’t find it but I’ll have to use up my current ones if that’s the case :D

Canard wrote: »
    Where did you read this? I can’t find it but I’ll have to use up my current ones if that’s the case :D

Someone in Limerick had a screenshot of it on our chat but not sure if true or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Canard wrote: »
    Niantic tweeted it

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1302018606738354181

Hey I'm RobbingBandit not LyingBandit it's damn well true if I post it.

Hope your three Mega Raids flee :p

As if I'll be wasting them on those pointless things... legendaries 4eva :P

• Advertisement

Enjoy your three passes ya ingrates. :D

If 275 million battles (PvP raids Rockets ) get done we will unlock Mega Houndoom in raids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Enjoy your three passes ya ingrates. :D

If 275 million battles (PvP raids Rockets ) get done we will unlock Mega Houndoom in raids.
    Correction; Houndoom raids will come full stop. Niantic will claim it was met no matter how many battles are done as always.

I think they changed the requirements for this.one as Pigeot was 275 million mega raids this is 275 million battles of any and all types but yeah it'll probably happen either way I think Pigeot is being released at or during the flying cup in GBL

Finally hit 40 a couple of days ago thanks to all those that helped.

Porygon next Sunday

you will need upgrade + 25 candy for Porygon-2 and Sinnoh stone + 100 candy for Porygon-Z

It's 3*XP bonus too

It's a nice shiny, I'm looking forward to the event. Hopefully some decent weather for it.

• Advertisement

Had a grand day for the Community Day, got 23 shinies before I stopped playing for it, a few decent IV ones as well.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Did ok out of it, got 9 shinies, none good, but there was a wild hundo porygon here (Limerick), cue mad dash to find it after another player kindly called it out. Got him :)

There was a wild Axew here on Saturday as well, didn't dash as I wouldn't have made it

Oh wow, I've never seen Axew in the wild. Hatched a small few, and did a lucky trade, and still haven't gotten one over 90%.

I didn't get to play yesterday as I was at work :( But I played on a friend's account for the last 30 mins, got a shiny and used our pending lucky trade, came out at 96%, not complaining :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Angron wrote: »
    Oh wow, I've never seen Axew in the wild. Hatched a small few, and did a lucky trade, and still haven't gotten one over 90%.

I've hatched one, and lucky traded him, he still went sh1te but he's evolved to Haxorus now.
    Oh, other rant, I did a lucky trade of shiny rayquaza like for like with a friend, mine went 12-12-12 :mad:

Happy that we're finally getting the shiny for Origin Giratina, been long enough since the other one got the shiny in the game.

Finally got a lucky friend in Ireland I can trade with unfortunately it wasn't anyone on here, won't see them until next weekend so hopefully we have both caught a new shiny by then.

I have so many lucky friends that I have no idea when I'll see them. A shame we don't have remote trading for luckies or something.

Did ok out of it, got 9 shinies, none good, but there was a wild hundo porygon here (Limerick), cue mad dash to find it after another player kindly called it out. Got him :)

There was a wild Axew here on Saturday as well, didn't dash as I wouldn't have made it

Wild Axew in the People's Park last night, was despawned by the time I got there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Guys what pokemon are you supposed to be getting from completing the field research every week with the daily stamps? Is it not supposed to be legendaries

Iv got 4 Alolan Raichu in a row, why is that

• Advertisement
Advertisement