Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

reckon Dana will be happy to see the back of him though!

was being overlooked for not being exciting but when he got a fight which may have been a title eliminator he got finished

He ought to do very well in bellator though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't think he was on a losing streak was he?

Won 5 then got finished by Jan.

Cody also getting the next 125 title shot, the divisions a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Watched Dana White's Contender Series for the first time there and thoroughly enjoyed it, admittedly fast forwarded through the Build Ups to the Fights. Thought your young fella Rodriguez deserved to beat Rivera although two judgds scored it 30 27 to Rivera!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Watched Dana White's Contender Series for the first time there and thoroughly enjoyed it, admittedly fast forwarded through the Build Ups to the Fights. Thought your young fella Rodriguez deserved to beat Rivera although two judgds scored it 30 27 to Rivera!

Agreed, thought the cards were weird in that fight.

The Serbian lad looks a decent prospect. I'll be keeping an eye out.

I noticed a nice little thing on Fight Pass today. They have a little "Cramming" section where they've listed the regional fights of the fighters on next week's episode. Nice little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Will/should Wiedman get cut if he loses ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No love dropping down to 125 in November to fight for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

US2 wrote: »
    Will/should Wiedman get cut if he loses ?

He is 1-5 in his last 6 fights. with the win been over gastelum. then lost to souza but if my memory serves me right i think he looked good in that fight and was 20-18 going into the 3rd round. last outing was a first round tko to reyes who some believe beat jones. I think win or lose he might be ok but it could depend on how many fights he has left on his contract.
    ricero wrote: »
    No love dropping down to 125 in November to fight for the title.

interesting fight but has cody cut to 125 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think Cody should make 125 pretty easily, he is a tiny guy and has never been 'shredded' as in he has always carried a few extra pounds of fat on his frame.

But then again it will be miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think Cody should make 125 pretty easily, he is a tiny guy and has never been 'shredded' as in he has always carried a few extra pounds of fat on his frame.

Ten less pounds against a guy who can explode his chin every bit the way TJ and Munhoz did too. Risky fight for a guy building back up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JJayoo wrote: »

One of his fights against Dillashaw was in California where they weight the fighters on fight night and release the weights to the public (this should really be done for every card as it is interesting as fúck) but from what I remember both Cejudo and Mighty Mouse weight more or less the same as Cody. There was a couple of Flyweights who actually weighed a few pounds more than him.

If they can make the cut then Cody should be able to as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This is supposed to be a recent picture of JDS. Seems a bit emmm......enhanced!

Ee_GkmZXsAAuyBm?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is supposed to be a recent picture of JDS. Seems a bit emmm......enhanced!

Ee_GkmZXsAAuyBm?format=png&name=small

Yeah I posted it the other day, looks flat out on the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Also looks like he lost his left hand at first glance.

Also looks like he lost his hand at first glance.

Hahahaha, I had to look twice at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1292869185039671297?s=20

comeback at middleweight who would be a good fight against him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

weidman might be the one guy that makes Luke look good again

If that's isn't the most obvious fight for both I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Robbie Lawler steps in to fight Neil Magny on Aug. 29 with Neal out. Amazing fight, can't wait for that. Big Magny fan since I met him at MSG a few years ago. Really nice guy, this could launch him up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Robbie Lawler steps in to fight Neil Magny on Aug. 29 with Neal out. Amazing fight, can't wait for that. Big Magny fan since I met him at MSG a few years ago. Really nice guy, this could launch him up the rankings.

Hopefully Lawler has the stink of the colby fight off him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Huge Lawler fan but at this point in their careers I think Magny takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Rockhold v Gastelum is all I'd put forward for either, both had great runs and fallen off the tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yoel Romero is out of his fight with Uriah Hall on Aug 22 due to an undisclosed injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Ion Cutelaba tests positive for Covid. His fight is off too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PVZ turned down the Bellator offer and signed with Bare Knuckle Boxing. Jaysus.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1293631227505909761?s=19

Such a pretty face. Such little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I know she's tough and all but christ.
    She won't be good looking for much longer if that's the case.

Is it just me or does Stipe Miocic come across as a complete knob!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

He's just impossible to understand, seems like a nice guy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Love Stipe, when he's not bating DC around the place, he's putting out fires!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Stipe is easily one of the most down to earth fighters on the roster.

• Advertisement

I used to like him but the more episodes of Embedded and Countdown etc that I see him on the more I dislike him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement