Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fitzparker wrote: »
    https://www.mmanews.com/khamzat-chimaev-says-he-traveled-to-ireland-in-hopes-of-fighting-conor-mcgregor/

Anyone see this chimaev makes it out that he was John Rambo going to Ireland to batter Conor.

When in reality im sure SBG paid his flight and accommodation to spar Conor before the Khabib fight

The Wolf is the real deal. Mcgregor wouldn't want any of this lad. Future title contender. A larger and more dogged Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    The Wolf is the real deal. Mcgregor wouldn't want any of this lad. Future title contender. A larger and more dogged Khabib.

Sounds like he’s back-pedalling to cover his ass and image tbh.

The level of cringe that comes out of you is unmatched on this forum. The chap has 7 fights total. His recent hype comes from fights against 2 non ranked fighters who's collective record in the UFC is now 1-5. Laughable nonsense calling this guy "the real deal". Lets wait until he actually fights someone with a number beside their name before calling him a title contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Thanks Ali, you forgot the laughing faces so we know its you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Niko Price and Gearld Harris begging to fight him on Aug 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

US2 wrote: »
    ? What

Oh it was Dijon not Nice, but anyway, a Chechen teenager was beaten up, a call for support goes out and a few dozen (up to 100) travel over from nearby countries to help fight. It's just a recent example of how serious they take things and why I wouldn't just write off what he says as bluster. Not saying it's true either, I don't know much about the guy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8426381/How-Chechen-gangs-issued-Europe-wide-call-vengeance-sparked-four-days-warfare-Dijon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Oh it was Dijon not Nice, but anyway, a Chechen teenager was beaten up, a call for support goes out and a few dozen (up to 100) travel over from nearby countries to help fight. It's just a recent example of how serious they take things and why I wouldn't just write off what he says as bluster. Not saying it's true either, I don't know much about the guy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8426381/How-Chechen-gangs-issued-Europe-wide-call-vengeance-sparked-four-days-warfare-Dijon.html

Not sure how that has any relevance whatsoever in qualifying anything he says.

The level of cringe that comes out of you is unmatched on this forum. The chap has 7 fights total. His recent hype comes from fights against 2 non ranked fighters who's collective record in the UFC is now 1-5. Laughable nonsense calling this guy "the real deal". Lets wait until he actually fights someone with a number beside their name before calling him a title contender.
    Chimaev has look incredible. Few fighters have looked that good or created that hype on their first fights. Izzy, Paulo Costa, Conor are the ones that come to mind.
    I fully expect Chimaev to cruise into the top 5. Especially if he joins a top team.
    I don’t think there’s any thing wrong with hyping his ability.

I was just thinking that his story, and latest social media hype is very transparent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Not sure how that has any relevance whatsoever in qualifying anything he says.

It's an example of the mindset that can be possessed by people from that area, I can give plenty more to the point where it's not just a few mad fellas. This is an area where blood feuds and honour killings still happen.

My point is just that if someone else came out with a story like that I'd immediately write it off as bluster or self promotion like McGregor, or maybe a crackpot if it actually happened. A guy from there and I'd actually consider it could be possible.

My point is just that if someone else came out with a story like that I'd immediately write it off as bluster or self promotion like McGregor, or maybe a crackpot if it actually happened. A guy from there and I'd actually consider it could be possible.

The part part in story where he says “people think I flew over to help him prepare” is a bit telling.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    The part part in story where he says “people think I flew over to help him prepare” is a bit telling.

This line tells it all

From the above line in the whole article, I got from the story he was asked to go over to help Conor spar for Khabib.

I also got from it he said, yes Mr. Mcgregor on the way sir.

the way he makes it out that he was on the way to run amuck, in reality he was going to go hard in sparring cause he was butt hurt of what Conor was saying but still would have took his money and accommodation that was offered.

Really he should have said f**k off and don't ever contact me again.

money talks

Really he should have said f**k off and don't ever contact me again.
    Why should he have said that??

He was a unsigned fighter. Getting some publicity is good for him. And minor league fighters get paid buttons so a cheque wouldn’t have hurt either.

Does anyone know exactly what Conor said about Muslims that annoyed them so much ? As far as I remember, any insult was aimed directly at khabib ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He said he was picked up by special forces in Dublin airport lads, that says it all about his story.

He has a very bright future though, really looking forward to seeing him fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dashoonage wrote:
    Dana says the GOAT is fighting Gathje on oct 24th and I 100% belive everything Dana says.
    So GSP coming out of retirement to fight Gaethje, never expected that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭robwen

It's an example of the mindset that can be possessed by people from that area, I can give plenty more to the point where it's not just a few mad fellas. This is an area where blood feuds and honour killings still happen.

Sure didn't McGregor & a gang of lads jump on a plane from Dublin to New York to back up a guy

Why should he have said that??

He was a unsigned fighter. Getting some publicity is good for him. And minor league fighters get paid buttons so a cheque wouldn’t have hurt either.

Thats no problem but don't bite the hand that feeds you.

The article was him being matcho coming over on a one man crusade to slap it out of mcgregor but its easy to say when you supposedly never got out the airport in the first place.

It just seems he is chasing the publicity for "what could have happened" now.

Reeks of "Hold me back" attitude.

Anyway the article hasn't made him known its his dominance in the octagon the past few weeks. I look forward to see where it goes from here

Thats no problem but don't bite the hand that feeds you.

The article was him being matcho coming over on a one man crusade to slap it out of mcgregor but its easy to say when you supposedly never got out the airport in the first place.

The article is all posturing. I completely agree.
    But I thought you were saying he should have told SBG to Fck Off when they got in touch. Which I didn’t get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

The article is all posturing. I completely agree.
    But I thought you were saying he should have told SBG to Fck Off when they got in touch. Which I didn’t get.

If he was actually that upset about Conor ****ting on Khabib / their culture, he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

anyone know how to watch contender series. new season tomorrow night exclusive to espn+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fight Pass? There's a big countdown clock for it when I log in

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Fight Pass? There's a big countdown clock for it when I log in

What time/date will it reach zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Countdown clock is gone, but the "Upcoming" listing says it's on at 1am tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Anyone see this? I think this is Calvin Kattars agent trying to get Zabit to fight him. Zabit had said Yair was afraid after he pulled out

https://twitter.com/TysonChartier/status/1291094010149437441?s=20

Anyone see this? I think this is Calvin Kattars agent trying to get Zabit to fight him. Zabit had said Yair was afraid after he pulled out

https://twitter.com/TysonChartier/status/1291094010149437441?s=20

Kattar would have beat Zabit over 5 rounds last time, if this goes ahead and is 5 rounds he will finish him this time around I think, but on some class performances since then.

Really wanna see the rematch, especially over 5 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Kattar's nose is messed up from the Jeremy Stephens fight. He broke it again last time out a few weeks ago. He needs some time off to let that heal properly.

Max v Zabit would be a decent fight

Corey Anderson was granted his release and has signed with bellator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

ASOT wrote: »
    Corey Anderson was granted his release and has signed with bellator

I don't think he was on a losing streak was he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement