Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

I typed in "The Geansai" at home last night and nothing came up.

Just tried there now (at work) and it came up straight away. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

It's a nice wee program and all, but it doesn't seem to mention the critical facts about parkrun; that it is volunteer-led and completely free to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

BBCNI program about parkrun is on tonight at 22.40, not sure if new or the same one they showed in June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006wf4

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

BBCNI program about parkrun is on tonight at 22.40, not sure if new or the same one they showed in June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006wf4

It looks like the same one..with Dame Kelly Holmes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 runnomnom

Corkagh's 2nd Birthday tomorrow - there will be cake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

I saw Darndale's 2nd on facebook too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And I think it's St Annes 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Anyone else skip Parkrun to watch the Rugby and is now regretting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Parkrun added over half a minute onto my time this morning. Garmin and strava are the same time but the parkrun time is out by 30 odd seconds. Is this normal? I'm fairly new to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

runnomnom wrote: »
    Corkagh's 2nd Birthday tomorrow - there will be cake!

Should have did that today. Had 2 left to complete all the Dublin parkruns.
    Picked Tymon instead, will complete the set on Saturday week. And then try complete Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Parkrun added over half a minute onto my time this morning. Garmin and strava are the same time but the parkrun time is out by 30 odd seconds. Is this normal? I'm fairly new to the whole thing.

No usually spot on. A barcode may have got mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

Email them with your watch time and they might be able to sort it. Very easy for barcodes or order of finishers to get mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Should have did that today. Had 2 left to complete all the Dublin parkruns.
    Picked Tymon instead, will complete the set on Saturday week. And then try complete Leinster.

If you complete all the London parkruns it’s called “Lon-done” What is the completion of the Dublin parkruns called?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bushy Dublin appear to have overwritten last weeks results with this weeks results, both sets of results are now identical !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

If you complete all the London parkruns it’s called “Lon-done” What is the completion of the Dublin parkruns called?

Baile All Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Have just tweeted parkrun asking them to make that a thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dudda wrote: »
    Anyone else skip Parkrun to watch the Rugby and is now regretting it?

Nope did parkrun and glad I did now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Loonie

I ran Marlay this morning for the first time in a while, and several runners in front of me signaled walkers etc with hand gestures. Given the busyness of the park even at 9.30, this seems like a great idea. They've also started monthly pacers from 20 to 30+, which went well even with the usual busy start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Lazare wrote: »
    Baile All Clear

It's often referred to by parkrun tourists as the less elegant "DubDone"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Did my 100th parkrun this morning in Ballina - there was cake. It has taken me 3 and a quarter years to get there, longer than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Lazare wrote: »
    Baile All Clear

The Full Monto?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Congrats muddypaws. That’s a great achievement no matter how long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

muddypaws wrote: »
    Did my 100th parkrun this morning in Ballina - there was cake. It has taken me 3 and a quarter years to get there, longer than I thought.

Super, well done. With the dog I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Visited Russborough yesterday. Really great to get down and do it. A last minute decision and a bit of a drive but well worth it. 33 there yesterday. Free parking for runners. A discount in the lovely café. A beautiful place. The run is a mix of all surfaces. Go and do it if you can. Rugby updates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

aquinn wrote: »
    Visited Russborough yesterday. Really great to get down and do it. A last minute decision and a bit of a drive but well worth it. 33 there yesterday. Free parking for runners. A discount in the lovely cafA beautiful place. The run is a mix of all surfaces. Go and do it if you can. Rugby updates too.

Whether you wanted them or not :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Someone needs to do a study on the benefits or psychology of buggy running at parkrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭py

Someone needs to do a study on the benefits or psychology of buggy running at parkrun.

For the person running with the child or the one who has a break from the child? Why not both???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When the child asks you 'why are you running so slowly Daddy?' Psychology not good

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

py wrote:
    For the person running with the child or the one who has a break from the child? Why not both???

Or for the child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

aquinn wrote: »
    Super, well done. With the dog I hope?

Oh of course. 98 done with a dog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement