Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

I ran Berlin park run as warm up before the marathon.

Nice course

..a bit busy,nearly 600!

The race director asking are there any park run visitors today?..produced an

"I'm Spartacus" moment as the whole crowds hands went up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AlFoley

Father Collins is celebrating their 4th birthday this Saturday and the VHI roadshow will be there along with Mick Clohisey. There will be loads of freebies and cake. All welcome except for Hurricane Lorenzo, you can feck off !!! See you all there .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When the child asks you 'why are you running so slowly Daddy?' Psychology not good

Or when you are doing regular relaxed strolling around the park/street in the buggy in every day life and your adrenaline starved 2 year old is shouting "GO FASTER DADDY!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just ordered my "100" tshirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This Saturday, the new, complete 1 lapper parkrun course in Glengarriff begins. The regulars are looking forward to improved PBs with the huge hill now no longer part of the course.

I believe it’s going to be a huge success as it is taking in arguably the nicest part of the nature reserve itself, the Big Meadow Walk.

If anyone is nearby in the next while, make sure to pop down, you’ll be more than welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just ordered my "100" tshirt!

Well done. I'm three off my 50th, 100 seems so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Bushy Park Time Trials event No.1 took place on 2nd October 2004 at Bushy Park, London with 13 participants. It has since grown into the phenomenon that is parkrun.

Happy birthday parkrun.

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/bushy/results/weeklyresults/?runSeqNumber=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Well done. I'm three off my 50th, 100 seems so far away.
    I felt it took ages to get to my 50th. But it didn't feel as long to get to my 100. And my facebook memories reminded me that this time 2 years ago my 50 tshirt arrived. I think working towards 50 you spend a while building up the habit and routine of going to parkrun. After that the bug may have well and truly bitten and you frequent parkrun a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Duzzie wrote: »
    Bushy Park Time Trials event No.1 took place on 2nd October 2004 at Bushy Park, London with 13 participants. It has since grown into the phenomenon that is parkrun.

Happy birthday parkrun.

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/bushy/results/weeklyresults/?runSeqNumber=1

Didn't realise my own parkrun anniversary coincided with their own one. 9 years today since my first one. Only got to 50 a few weeks ago albeit with a 7 year gap between parkruns 13 and 14.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I felt it took ages to get to my 50th. But it didn't feel as long to get to my 100. And my facebook memories reminded me that this time 2 years ago my 50 tshirt arrived. I think working towards 50 you spend a while building up the habit and routine of going to parkrun. After that the bug may have well and truly bitten and you frequent parkrun a lot more.

Cheers, to be honest I haven't missed a single parkrun since I started (I think I've about 14 volunteer rolls too)

I've loved parkrun and have had very few that I didn't enjoy, and those one's I didn't enjoy were entirely my own fault in one way or another.

I've met so many new friends through parkrun, we all regularly train together and even party together when its one of the groups birthday etc

Well done again on your 100th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Had the very strange experience of a Thursday parkrun at Küchenholz parkrun in Leipzig this morning. It's Tag der Deutschen Einheit so they've an extra parkrun for that.

Put the curse on myself with my last posts.. I'm injured now and volunteering at Fr.Collins this Saturday :(

My knee has been hurting lately, I've a work (An Cosantoir 10k) race on the 9th so I've decided to rest until then.

Hopefully meet some boardies on Saturday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Darndale cancelled tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Anyone heading to Father Collins Park for their birthday and VHI roadshow, note the start area has moved for today to the green space between the two playgrounds. You should be able to see everyone from the usual start area, though.

Well I got a nice and completely unexpected surprise today when I was given a volunteer of 2019 award at Father Collins today, I was embarrassed but chuffed :)

Thank you Al Foley ya fecker :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Well I got a nice and completely unexpected surprise today when I was given a volunteer of 2019 award at Father Collins today, I was embarrassed but chuffed :)

Thank you Al Foley ya fecker :p

Congrats and well done. Were you the guy with the beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Put the curse on myself with my last posts.. I'm injured now and volunteering at Fr.Collins this Saturday :(

My knee has been hurting lately, I've a work (An Cosantoir 10k) race on the 9th so I've decided to rest until then.

Hopefully meet some boardies on Saturday.

Hope the knee is better soon and congrats on the award. Injured myself at the moment as well and have taken to volunteering these last few weeks. Much rather be running but it's nice to see what happens from the other side for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

So today a man collapsed due to a heart condition. He was aided by volunteers until the ambulance arrived. The issue though is that it's the 3rd time it's happened to him in the last year. I know parkrun is for everyone but at what point if any can they be asked to not turn up? Nobody wants to see this happen and it can't be easy to deal with for the volunteers who have to try save a man's life.

mojonta wrote: »
    Hope the knee is better soon and congrats on the award. Injured myself at the moment as well and have taken to volunteering these last few weeks. Much rather be running but it's nice to see what happens from the other side for a change.

I actually prefer to volunteer, I can run any day of the week but I can only volunteer on Saturdays.

I've been resting the knee, I've a 10k on Wednesday then I'll rest it again for a bit. Last time I'm doing a 10k too, every damned time I train anything over about 8km I pick up knee injuries :mad:

Hope you all had a fantastic parkrun today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

KJ wrote: »
    So today a man collapsed due to a heart condition. He was aided by volunteers until the ambulance arrived. The issue though is that it's the 3rd time it's happened to him in the last year. I know parkrun is for everyone but at what point if any can they be asked to not turn up? Nobody wants to see this happen and it can't be easy to deal with for the volunteers who have to try save a man's life.

I don’t think it’s up to anyone here to make a suggestion on what to do about him. I would suggest going through your parkrun ambassador for them to contact the country director or parkrun HQ and find out where your event stands in relation to an issue like this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The most parkrun could do is not scan his barcode. They can't stop him running in a public park if he is hell bent on doing so.

Congrats Mak! Well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Heading to Edinburgh in 2 weeks, looking forward to my first parkrun outside the 32 counties :)

Anyone done Edinburgh before?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Heading to Edinburgh in 2 weeks, looking forward to my first parkrun outside the 32 counties :)
    Anyone done Edinburgh before?

I have. I got the bus (41?) from the city centre - maybe a 40 minute journey - check the Lothian Bus website for times. The course is flat and goes along a promenade beside the sea. Flat but exposed. It was good craic when I was there, an entertaining core team and an amusing cafe owner trying to lure passing runners in to his cafe rather than finishing their run! Large enough numbers - 650ish. Definitely worth doing if you're there.

https://www.lothianbuses.com/our-services/lothian-city-buses/

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Anyone done Knocknacree Woods? I just had a quick look and I see that the times aren't fast in comparison to others. I'm recovering from a bad injury so I don't want to do anything that's too challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

My sister does Portobello parkrun in Edinburgh. It's easy to get to by bike or bus.

Anyone following the Challenge Andy youtube series? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_N_kQeaAe0
    He has the world parkrun record and is trying to get a sub-15 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone done Knocknacree Woods? I just had a quick look and I see that the times aren't fast in comparison to others. I'm recovering from a bad injury so I don't want to do anything that's too challenging.

Supposed to be quite tough I believe but haven’t made it there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

My 100th parkrun yesterday...aaannndd I'm listed as unknown...
    Ah well, next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

cjt156 wrote: »
    My 100th parkrun yesterday...aaannndd I'm listed as unknown...
    Ah well, next time.

Congrats on your 100th!!!
    Contact the team through Facebook message or their email. They should be able to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

It is very tough. More akin to a montain trail. Narrow enough and some very sharp inclines and declines. I loved it but it may not suit you returning from injury.

• Advertisement

Fraggle07 wrote: »
    Congrats on your 100th!!!
    Contact the team through Facebook message or their email. They should be able to correct it.

^^ This.

Should be corrected without any hassle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement