Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ2 + 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

FRIENDO wrote: »

This is from 31/1

Anything on RTÉ to state that it is starting or even a press release.

Examiner and Times have reports saying that they are getting read to role out the new services. Both report that RTÉ should see gains in advertising revenue because of it, yet at the same time just holding their audience :rolleyes:

Both report that RTÉ will launch first on Saorview and Saorsat and later on other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Similar story here. I wonder if it will still launch on the 13th ? https://www.a516digital.com/2019/02/rte-prepares-to-launch-new-1-channel.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Just looking at saorview EPG and RTE1+1 comes on at 7pm Tuesday next it stays on air 24hrs a day from then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

They're not launching any new content, so I think it's understandable that there isn't much publicity before the actual launch. They'll probably start to say "See it later on +1 and online" after the launch.

There's a lot of confusion around digital services and platforms. Early advertising could just add to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Only evidence available of any change is that RTE1 +1 is 24 hour from Wednesday.
    https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20190213/4104-50/201

But it looks like it's 24 hours only on weekdays. Saorview & Sky EPGs have next Saturday starting at 7pm from 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

It's to launch tomorrow, should there not be a test or something on Saorview today, like there is on Sky ?

galtee boy wrote: »
    It's to launch tomorrow, should there not be a test or something on Saorview today, like there is on Sky ?
    You should see a test pattern of you key in channel number 12. There's a separate one on 14.

jrmb wrote: »
    You should see a test pattern of you key in channel number 12. There's a separate one on 14.

Saw that, but Sky now actually showing RTE2+1 programmes with +1 logo etc via other channels, I presume it will appear on EPG tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

jrmb wrote: »

They've been there for years by 2RN. It's a test from RTE we want to see.

They've been there for years by 2RN. It's a test from RTE we want to see.

The test pattern on 2rn gave 5th of Feb date that is on this thread. It was then removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Elmo wrote: »
    The test pattern on 2rn gave 5th of Feb date that is on this thread. It was then removed?

The label put on the test by 2RN didn't last long at all. It never returned, even with a new launch date.

I'm still seeing the 2RN test card on Saorview channel 12 in Dublin tonight

Usual ineptitude from Saorview, RTE1+1 has gone 24 hour, but no sign of RTE2+1, it was supposed to launch on Feb 5th, then Feb 13th, it's available via Sky on other channels, but not launched on Sky EPG either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Usual ineptitude from Saorview, RTE1+1 has gone 24 hour, but no sign of RTE2+1, it was supposed to launch on Feb 5th, then Feb 13th, it's available via Sky on other channels, but not launched on Sky EPG either.

It wouldn't be due on air til 7pm

Usual ineptitude This has puzzled me because I can't figure out what on earth you are referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sky make EPG changes in the morning. This is unlikely to appear on any platform today.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Sky make EPG changes in the morning. This is unlikely to appear on any platform today.

To me it is strange that RTÉ haven't put bells and whistles on this, either +1s are the best things ever, or not much to talk about. Even if they aren't up to much or unnecessary you still market them before launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

SPDUB wrote:
    Usual ineptitude This has puzzled me because I can't figure out what on earth you are referring to

Have you never seen any ineptitude from Saorview. Do you for instance have or know anybody that has a saorview connect box.

Have you never seen any ineptitude from Saorview. Do you for instance have or know anybody that has a saorview connect box.
    Saorview Connect is the ultimate example of RTE ineptitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

RTE1+1 is on Virgin Media Ireland right now, no sign yet of RTE 2+1

SPDUB wrote: »
    It wouldn't be due on air til 7pm

I assume you're being sarcastic, as the other posters, who beat me to it said, have you ever heard of Saorview Connect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I assume you're being sarcastic, as the other posters, who beat me to it said, have you ever heard of Saorview Connect ?

No I am not .

The word "Usual "suggests a continuous pattern of behaviour not a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Radio Gold wrote: »
    RTE1+1 is on Virgin Media Ireland right now, no sign yet of RTE 2+1
    Yes, RTE One+1 on Saorview also. We’ll have to wait & see if RTE2+1 appears at 7pm I suppose.

Just looking at RTE2 schedule from Monday 25th February and changes afoot with the simpsons moved to 4pm double episode and ellen talk show at 5pm and TRTE starts now at 12.25pm and am wondering will they wait till then to launch +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

brick man wrote: »
    Just looking at RTE2 schedule from Monday 25th February and changes afoot with the simpsons moved to 4pm double episode and ellen talk show at 5pm and TRTE starts now at 12.25pm and am wondering will they wait till then to launch +1

Oh, very odd. Is there a midterm break that week? Ellen at 5pm is an odd one.

SPDUB wrote: »
    No I am not .

The word "Usual "suggests a continuous pattern of behaviour not a one off

Oh, I'm sorry, let's substitute the word "more" for "usual", happy now ?

Less than 30 minutes to go, RTE are really working up viewers into a frenzy of anticipation with a test card that's been there forever.

UhIYKCI.jpg

iseegirls wrote:

No its after midterm break

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote:

No its after midterm break

Advertisement