Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ2 + 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

dulpit wrote: »
    Channel 4 get free carriage on terrestrial, ITV don't...

Now I am not sure that is true at all. Channel 4’s Wikipedia article does say that, but when I chase the links cited, one is dead and the other talks about ITV having to pay for its broadcasting license but Channel 4 do not. That is not the same thing! The broadcasting license payment reflects the fact that the ITV companies, as were, had to engage in a competitive auction to get their license but Channel 4, as a statutory body, did not.

Channel 4 was gifted 50% of a mux at the outset of DTT and formed a company with the ITV companies (as were) to jointly operate it, Digital 3&4 Limited. As far as I can tell payment for transmission of that mux is a commercial arrangement between D3&4 and Arqiva and Ofcom does not regulate transmission fees (and released Arqiva from a “significant market power” obligation a number of years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,490 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Also agree with this, why would Channel4 be given free transmission when everyone else pays, Arqiva publishes the DTT Reference Offers on their website.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Elmo wrote: »
    What dispensation are Channel 4 getting? I can't see C4 getting any special treatment over either ITV or Channel 5.

Oireachtas already gets a dispensation, sure let all channels go free on Saorview. I am sure we're all sick of RTÉ moaning about their lack of money but lets face it they shouldn't be expected to pay for carriage for other channels, they already provide TG4 with 7.5m worth of TV programmes a year.

Before Saorview, TV3 paid more for transmission that currently, and only broadcast from 17 sites rather than all of them, getting only 80% coverage compared with over 90% for RTE.

They refuse to pay.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    For whatever reason, both of the +1s weekend EPG entries only gets updated on Thursday/Friday.

As of now the EPG shows programs starting at 7pm next weekend when actual start time is midday for 2+1 and 1+1 is 24 hour.

The EPG still not used to RTE1+1 being 24 hrs it seems. 'Kellys Heroes' on currently but apparently programs aren't starting till 19.00. Sloppy stuff in fairness, things like this shouldn't be happening at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Strange that it's taking so long to launch on Sky as well, it's broadcasting off the EPG as 5493 on 11914 H 27.5 5/6 for months

RTÉ2 +1 has now stopped testing on Sky. 5493 is now at no signal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

No Champions League on RTE2+1 this evening, IIRC there wasn't any restriction of it on +1 before.

RTÉ2 +1 has now stopped testing on Sky. 5493 is now at no signal

5493 had been showing RTÉ2 +1 again until today, but 5493 has now been removed. Looks like the channel now won't be launching on Sky. The test had been there since February

5493 had been showing RTÉ2 +1 again until today, but 5493 has now been removed. Looks like the channel now won't be launching on Sky. The test had been there since February

I have a funny feeling that if RTÉ decided to put RTÉ2 +1 on after RTÉjr neither Virgin Media or Sky would notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iseegirls wrote: »
    Ellen gone to 4pm next week on RTE2, with The Simpsons moving to 5pm. Possible sign that the experiment is failing. So now they will have Ellen in between Shaun The Sheep and The Simpson's. Try make sense of that.

Ellen seems to have disappeared, but now this week has seen repeats of Shortland Street at 5.30 on RTE2. I wouldn't have presumed that the their target market is in with Neighbours and Home & Away

iseegirls wrote: »
    Ellen seems to have disappeared, but now this week has seen repeats of Shortland Street at 5.30 on RTE2. I wouldn't have presumed that the their target market is in with Neighbours and Home & Away

Started 2 weeks ago, Ellen didn’t last long. Are they repeats of RTÉ One’s broadcast or repeats of repeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Started 2 weeks ago, Ellen didn’t last long. Are they repeats of RTÉ One’s broadcast or repeats of repeats?

Repeats of the earlier shown episode according to one of the guides I looked at during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I think it's a good move as was moving Neighbours to 6PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Is RTE2+1 available on the Saorsat satellite platform? I've always been curious, and another question, is RTE1 & RTE2 broadcast in full HD (1920×1080) on Saorsat, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Is rte 2 +1 on sky yet as I've never tried it but would be handy for me for champions league etc thanks lab man

lab man wrote: »
    Is rte 2 +1 on sky yet as I've never tried it but would be handy for me for champions league etc thanks lab man

I don't think it is on either sky or virgin media. If it is on sky it will be on 202. All Plus 1's on Sky were moved to the 200's a few years ago.

201 RTÉ ONE +1
    202 Holder for RTÉ2 +1
    203 Virgin Media One +1
    204 Holder for TG4 +1
    205 Holder for Virgin Media TWO +1
    206 Sky One +1

and so on based on the 100 channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

It's not on Sky. It was testing for a long time, but it never made it to the EPG. Not sure why. Maybe they couldn't reach a financial agreement with Sky, or possibly opposed by Virgin TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Is RTE2+1 available on the Saorsat satellite platform? I've always been curious, and another question, is RTE1 & RTE2 broadcast in full HD (1920×1080) on Saorsat, thanks.

One and 2 are in HD on Saorsat. RTÉ2 +1 is there also.

Just checked the Lynsat website and its updated at last, now showing RTE2+1 on Saorsat, all they are missing now are the 3 Virgin Media channels (which I think we can forget about) I'd like to see TG4HD on Saorsat. The HD setup is disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

RTÉ ONE & TWO are in HD on Saorsat, but at the same 1440x1080 resolution that it is on Sky and Saorview.

You can see what's on there on LyngSat - https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-Ka-Sat-9A.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

RTE Two plus one will officially launch on Sky EPG 202 on Wednesday March 10th.
    Source Sky TV guide updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

But will RTÉ 2+1 be on Sky in the North?

RTÉ 1+1 isn't on Sky NI but clears when using a Sky NI card.
    RTÉ 1 HD isn't on Sky NI and doesn't clear when using a Sky NI card.
    RTÉ 2 HD is on Sky NI strangely, not sure why it is but the main channel isn't...?!

PFML84 wrote: »
    But will RTÉ 2+1 be on Sky in the North?

RTÉ 1+1 isn't on Sky NI but clears when using a Sky NI card.
    RTÉ 1 HD isn't on Sky NI and doesn't clear when using a Sky NI card.
    RTÉ 2 HD is on Sky NI strangely, not sure why it is but the main channel isn't...?!

RTÉ2 HD was RTÉ first HD channel this maybe why its available in NI from Sky.

Whatever about the +1s, you would imagine RTE1HD should be available in the north, and with Brexit you would wonder if anymore channels become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Why is RTE2+1 not on the Virgin Media digital platform? After all, it does have RTE1+1.

Why is RTE2+1 not on the Virgin Media digital platform? After all, it does have RTE1+1.

Both Sky and Virgin Media should have to take RTÉ and TG4 channels once the are approved by government.

And TG4 HD should be available on Saorview also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Both Sky and Virgin Media should have to take RTÉ and TG4 channels once the are approved by government.

And TG4 HD should be available on Saorview also.

As should Virgin 1 at least, if not all Virgin channels.

I remember when RTE were about to launch RTE2+1 Virgin Media made complaints and objected to another channel, so now VM can wait a bit longer.
    I whole heartedly agree TG4HD should be launched, if VMhd don't come about then RTEjr hd should be required and rebranded as RTE3HD.

• Advertisement

RTE2 +1 is now on the Sky epg on channel 202!

Advertisement