Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just watched an episode of Bon Voyage from the 90s - it seemed a lifetime ago.

A skiiing holiday in Austria, I can't remember the female presenter with the red curly hair.

Cathal O'Shannon on the Dingle Peninsula

Finally a camping trip to Brittany, France. I don't recognise the male presenter. He seemed to have 5 or 6 kids in tow.

No ads on that programme.
    I can see the archives being a real gem.

I'd love to see Murphy's Australia again.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Whatever about RTÉ Food, it’s a pity they don’t put RTÉ Archive on Saorview(at least) as a proper channel. I could see it been popular and they could put adverts in between and during the programs like a normal channel. But unfortunately there’s no chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JMcGee

Remember putting on RTE2 on Christmas morning with Bosco on in the background while you opened and played with your presents? My feeling was like "I love Bosco, but I love opening my presents even more but I'm so happy that I have both at the same time right now!". RTE Player…work your magic for me this year LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭SteM

Just checked the new app and it looks great. Also, when you cast from phone to Chromecast it doesn’t show the ads beforehand which is noce. This is the way all4 works to iirc. Happy to see the old show Trivia there too, missed S2 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

The app is not working for me ..stops playing near the end of adds .Its not casting either for me..just shows rte player on cast screen but no video appears..not sure why they didnt test this app properly.

Will try another device later but not holding out much hope ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's not working well with Chromecast at all. It'll play fine but there's no slider to go back or forward. Just seems to be a Play option, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The archive series Dubalinn: A personal view seems to be audio only on this for Android anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Some great stuff there in the archive.
    I see they have a documentary on Christy Ring.

Rte must have a fabulous collection of old documentaries.

A few I see on there...
    Christy Ring
    When Cathal Shannon met Muhammad Ali
    Festival Folk - Christy Moore
    This is Christy - singer Christy Dignam
    David Bowie - the last 5 years
    Joe Dolan
    The Late Late Show's 'For one night only'

Speaking of Cathal Shannon - hopefully Thou Shalt Not Kill is in the archive - must have a look later.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Anyone get an updated app on Samsung smart TV? One I have hasn't worked in 2 years so hoping a new version just might

The archive series Dubalinn: A personal view seems to be audio only on this for Android anyway

I have had similar issues with the archive on android. The sound only plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Working great for me on android. Watching an aul bit of nidgey last night for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

I was never one of RTE's biggest fans, but the new app is excellent and from testing it yesterday. The streams load fast and in high quality. Hopefully, they will continue to improve on the app and soon roll out an app for Android TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I keep getting a notification to send a screenshot for feedback for a hockey app which is coming from the RTE player. I'm on Android.

Cazale wrote: »
    I keep getting a notification to send a screenshot for feedback for a hockey app which is coming from the RTE player. I'm on Android.

Same here last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Cazale wrote: »

HockeyApp is a service for distributing beta test apps before you push them to production on the store. It allows developers to collect crash reports and beta testers to submit screenshots.

Bit weird getting notifications for HockeyApp on a production build. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Was wondering what that was. Thought I might have pressed something unknowingly.

Rte player crashing constantly on Liverpool match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Anyone having trouble with Airplay to Apple TV? It'll play one add and then nothing.

Zhane wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with Airplay to Apple TV? It'll play one add and then nothing.

At least you're getting an ad. I get absolutely nothing. Screen flickers and that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

JMcGee wrote: »
    At least you're getting an ad. I get absolutely nothing. Screen flickers and that's all.

Its so annoying. Do you think we are asking too much for an Apple TV app? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Was working great for the last few nights but failing to launch streaming tonight using ipad and chromecast ☹️

I think people are being too harsh on them. All start-ups hit a few bumps along the road. Give them time. I'm sure it'll all come good…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

JMcGee wrote: »
    I think people are being too harsh on them. All start-ups hit a few bumps along the road. Give them time. I'm sure it'll all come good…
    Start up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As I said, It's way better now on the desktop/laptop and android phone. Credit where it's due. However, the chromecast end of things needs to be sorted. It's very glitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Doesn't cast for me from android (note8) to nvidia shield. The background rte player image appears on nvidia alright but that's it. Pity that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It was working fine the last few nights but no joy with chrome cast last night, no big deal really as I just cast the screen to the tv instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Keyzer wrote: »
    Working great for me on android. Watching an aul bit of nidgey last night for the craic.

Is it an android box you're using ? Keeps playing the first ten seconds on a loop of everything for me on an android box. Other times it just decides to play round without a picture :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Tried casting from an iPhone to nvidia shield today and it worked flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Was working great for the last few nights but failing to launch streaming tonight using ipad and chromecast ☹️
    Working fine again last night on chromecast. Hopefully app will update soon for LG. So far very impressed with the functionality and love the archive box sets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Is it working for anybody on an android box ?

Advertisement