23-01-2021, 19:13   #1471
Oscarziggy

Lift conditions tonight - RTE1,Vm3 etc wiped out then broken up from Mt Leinster - signal level rapidly changing from "no signal" to "good".
RTE 2 etc not affected with "good" signal.
Wish I could get to the bottom of this .
I'm not convinced it's co channel from Carmel near Swansea as I'm on the side of a north facing hill shielded from Carmel .
It did this long before Carmel changed to C23 and C26.

Last edited by Oscarziggy; 23-01-2021 at 19:17.
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 22:32   #1472
druss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarziggy View Post
Lift conditions tonight - RTE1,Vm3 etc wiped out then broken up from Mt Leinster - signal level rapidly changing from "no signal" to "good".
I'm not convinced it's co channel from Carmel near Swansea as I'm on the side of a north facing hill shielded from Carmel .
I was watching football on 13 east for most of the day. I've only just noticed that terrestrial channels are all offline/too glitchy to watch. I presume Mount Leinster is suffering still?
23-01-2021, 22:55   #1473
Oscarziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by druss View Post
I was watching football on 13 east for most of the day. I've only just noticed that terrestrial channels are all offline/too glitchy to watch. I presume Mount Leinster is suffering still?
That's exactly what I get during the slightest hint of a lift - RTE1 unwatchable - RTE2 glitch free .
All stations on C23 unwatchable C26 channels ok -- it could be the other way round as I'm not sure what channels are on which .
Very odd .
22-02-2021, 17:23   #1474
fryup

i'm getting glitchy rte1 this past week - woodcock hill clare

anyone else?
23-02-2021, 10:37   #1475
mrdtv2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarziggy View Post
I would wager your CCI is Divis in Northern Ireland. IIRC you live in West Wales and as your aerial points towards Mt Leinster it is bound to pick up sea path reflections from Divis in lift conditions and Divis is a much higher power transmitter than Carmel. I recall seeing on digitalspy in 2012 that in North Wales in higher parts along the coast between Anglesey and Liverpool Divis analogue was a regular if noisy service (CCIR Grade 3 PAL.)

The other tell is that the CCI has been present before Carmel did its 700Mhz switchover: Divis E23 and E26 has been operating for years as a DTT service. It is received easily on the Isle of Man and stayed Group A for the main muxes at the 700Mhz change.
Advertisement
24-02-2021, 23:07   #1476
Oscarziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdtv2010 View Post
I would wager your CCI is Divis in Northern Ireland. IIRC you live in West Wales and as your aerial points towards Mt Leinster it is bound to pick up sea path reflections from Divis in lift conditions and Divis is a much higher power transmitter than Carmel. I recall seeing on digitalspy in 2012 that in North Wales in higher parts along the coast between Anglesey and Liverpool Divis analogue was a regular if noisy service (CCIR Grade 3 PAL.)

The other tell is that the CCI has been present before Carmel did its 700Mhz switchover: Divis E23 and E26 has been operating for years as a DTT service. It is received easily on the Isle of Man and stayed Group A for the main muxes at the 700Mhz change.

Thanks for that info - not a lot I can do about it .
There's high pressure building from tomorrow so expect disruptions .
I'll check out the Divis info when I get a chance .
Thanks
25-02-2021, 22:08   #1477
Oscarziggy

Next time I have problems with c23 or c26 I'll do a manual scan of c21,c24 and c27 to see what comes up.
Could well be in the next week .
01-03-2021, 16:12   #1478
Oscarziggy

RTE 1 breaking up badly or not there at all today .
A quick scan of channels 21,24 and 27 produced no signals -- I'm not certain if Divis is the problem as it's over 300 miles from here .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion