Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah I just got the mail now. I'm disappointed but you have to put it in perspective. People are dying from this virus, losing their jobs, livelihoods etc.

I'ts a shame but its for the best..... was hoping to see them in frankfurt too but once they reschedule i don't really mind.... bar the money ill loose from flights and accommodations :mad: but sure you can't win them all :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

I'ts a shame but its for the best..... was hoping to see them in frankfurt too but once they reschedule i don't really mind.... bar the money ill loose from flights and accommodations :mad: but sure you can't win them all :P :D

You won't get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

You won't get a refund?

The accommodation I booked has a no refund policy.... and Ive prepaid for it but I'm going to try see will they refund giving the circumstances. and I don't know how the flights will work out :(

The accommodation I booked has a no refund policy.... and Ive prepaid for it but I'm going to try see will they refund giving the circumstances. and I don't know how the flights will work out :(

That sucks. I have had my accommodation fee refunded (from Travelodge). My flights are with Aer Lingus. They sent me a mail saying they have a backlog of refunds to process so I will have to wait.
    Hopefully you will get yours back, you'd imagine in the current circumstances they would make exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Hopefully get a Slane gig added to new 2021 european tour . A man can dream !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

exilec wrote: »

A dream ? That would be a nightmare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Here comes blurty.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

A dream ? That would be a nightmare :D
    Here comes blurty.........

Here come The Nal ……. :D:p:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-2020-european-tour-postponed

"Refunds are not being offered at this time".
    I take that means the gig may go ahead in 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It says it's postponed until 2021 so yeah. Hopefully same venues etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd assume theyd refund when rescheduled date is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its Eddie's fault lol

Very disappointing for all the fans and expecting other tours to follow suite now. For the best really

Maybe be might get an Irish date after all. Come on MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I’ll keep my tickets and see yis all in London and Amsterdam next year!!

I’ll keep my tickets and see yis all in London and Amsterdam next year!!

I thought Hyde Park is cancelled ??

I have mixed feelings on not getting a refund: on the one hand it means there is a possibility of the gig happening in 2021 (I am not convinced that will happen even though that PJ press release says it will) which I obviously want to happen. So if it does go ahead then I won't have to go online and try to get a ticket for it because I already have it.
    On the other hand I don't like the idea of my money sitting in a bank account from now until summer 2021 earning interest for some already-rich promoter.

I have mixed feelings on not getting a refund: on the one hand it means there is a possibility of the gig happening in 2021 (I am not convinced that will happen even though that PJ press release says it will) which I obviously want to happen. So if it does go ahead then I won't have to go online and try to get a ticket for it because I already have it.
    On the other hand I don't like the idea of my money sitting in a bank account from now until summer 2021 earning interest for some already-rich promoter.

A refund has to be offered if an event is postponed ,its European law.
    Pearl Jam aren't offering refunds at the moment ,I guess until they announce the new dates but once that is done, refunds will be available for those that want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I thought Hyde Park is cancelled ??

It's not really crystal clear what's happening yet, they have said it's cancelled and we'll hear more by 6th May regarding refunds etc but they also said they are making plans for 2021 and they'll be in touch.

Think they had around 6 events announced so my guess is that they'll try and reschedule as many as they can but with everyone's touring schedules now up in the air, there's a lot of logistics needed. If it was just a single gig in a normal venue I would imagine it would just be a postponement. Hoping for the latter myself but wouldn't be surprised by a flat out cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

My understanding is The Hyde Park gig is part of the BST festival and is cancelled. And we should be refunded by May 6th. I ordered through AXS so will contact them if I'm not refunded by then.

Eddie is taking part in that massive concert event on Saturday night

Prob only 1/2 songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie is taking part in that massive concert event on Saturday night

Prob only 1/2 songs

RTE2 showing 2 hours of this event, hopefully Ed features in it

RTE2 showing 2 hours of this event, hopefully Ed features in it

Hopefully but tbh don't think they will. More than likely show all the mainstream acts

The entire event is being streamed online so that's prob the best bet

Yeah he'll be on about 1/2 am. Think I'll just watch it the next day!

Any sign of Eddie on the global citizen YouTube stream ??

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any sign of Eddie on the global citizen YouTube stream ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvRuZIyV1Eo

Great performance

I guess it was hard to choose which song to do

Ukele version of 'Sleeping by myself"
    Betterman
    Wishlist

Would of been good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Eddie was just live on Glen Hansards instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Eddie was just live on Glen Hansards instagram

Ya, it was an excellent broadcast , and nice of. Eddie to turn up, with his “Eddie” etched Guinness glass, with beer not stout.
    Have seen a good few of these, but this one was quite personal, relaxed and on his kitchen.

fafy wrote: »
    Ya, it was an excellent broadcast , and nice of. Eddie to turn up, with his “Eddie” etched Guinness glass, with beer not stout.
    Have seen a good few of these, but this one was quite personal, relaxed and on his kitchen.

Well for him I say he could afford his guiness glass esp when he was on his jolly visit last summer with his good friend Glen

Look forward to seeing this stream. They have unreal music chemistry together

• Advertisement

How did it happen? Was he on a zoom call or Jill's instagram or something?

Edit: I see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8AI6wlNks8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR14b2cLoLLew3wb8-jhx3RSb01Gg7AnNYJkeWpXUUmSsXN7omBuYHCTOPM

Advertisement