Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pearl Jam European Tour 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Eddie needs to go easy on the mescaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

Got this from the event promoters today:

"We are disappointed that BST Hyde Park will not be returning to London this summer, however it will be back in 2021 and the promoters of the event are still working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of them returning next year.
    To avoid disappointment and secure your spot in 2021 we recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferrable if 2020 headliner shows are re-confirmed.
    We will contact you by 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners and you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new event is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

We’re working hard to see if we can get your events’ new 2021 date confirmed before automating a refund, so as to give you the best chance of seeing the show next year. If you would prefer not to wait until we have this confirmed, you can request your refund today: <link to refund>
    "

A lot of ifs,buts and maybe's in there. It wouldn't surprise me if the gig goes ahead in 2021 alright but not with PJ as the headliners. That refund had better still be available if it's not PJ 'cause there's no way I will be going if it isn't them.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yep, got the same mail. Won’t bother myself next year unless it’s PJ.....or RATM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

lukin wrote: »
    A lot of ifs,buts and maybe's in there. It wouldn't surprise me if the gig goes ahead in 2021 alright but not with PJ as the headliners. That refund had better still be available if it's not PJ 'cause there's no way I will be going if it isn't them.

That doesn't really make sense imo, I would read it more as if your particular event is not rescheduled then you'll get a refund. As I said in a previous post I would assume they'll try and replicate the gigs for next year as they are now so they can minimise handing out thousands of refunds. If any of the headliners don't reschedule, then it's auto refund, at worst an offer of a ticket to one of the other events or a refund. They could hardly say "hey, PJ will no longer be playing but here's a ticket to Taylor Swift instead and you have no option of a refund". Would be like if Killers cancelled Malahide and they gave out a rescheduled Script ticket instead with no option for a refund.

Anyway, PJ have already postponed the euro tour and have said it'll be back on in 2021. If BST are trying to get all the bands back on for next summer and PJ have also said they will be rescheduling, it doesn't really make sense for them not to reschedule. There's a lot of money at stake for all parties so it only makes logical sense to try and just push everything back exactly 1 year, whether it's a festival appearance or a one off gig, hence why a tonne of summer gigs here have already been scheduled to a practically day and date 2021 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

I applied for a refund for the Hyde park gig this morning - its been processed already and I received and email from Pay Pal on it aswell.
    Just waiting for it to hit the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

rtron wrote: »
    I applied for a refund for the Hyde park gig this morning - its been processed already and I received and email from Pay Pal on it aswell.
    Just waiting for it to hit the account.

Was it a sold out gig?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Was it a sold out gig?

I can't remember if it was sold out, I think it was though.

I can't remember if it was sold out, I think it was though.

Would you not have been better to keep the ticket and go next year then?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eddie seems tipsy doing the video performances ??

https://youtu.be/eYa_v2ujMc8

Penfailed wrote: »
    Would you not have been better to keep the ticket and go next year then?

I won't be able to make it next year.

• Advertisement

I won't be able to make it next year.

Ah! Fair enough. Gutted for you. I've seen PJ three times. I've been to a Hyde Park BST gig too which is why I couldn't justify the expense of going to this to be standing so far away from the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

refund back into the account this morning, pretty efficient really in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Just got an email there, all Hyde park tickets are being refunded.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just got an email there, all Hyde park tickets are being refunded.....

Was not expecting that. Think was sold out too

Maybe another Eddie solo tour for 2021. Again playing 3Arena with Hansard as support ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe another Eddie solo tour for 2021. Again playing 3Arena with Hansard as support ???

Why? The Euro tour is postponed, not cancelled. If gigs/tours are able to go ahead next year, Pearl Jam will be on tour.

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-2020-european-tour-postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

PJ should retire from touring if im to believe the message they portray in their new video.

The dangers climate change are shown in all its devastation in their new video that also features Greta Thunberg as a messiah figure. Isn't she against air travel? How does Greta think PJ get themselves , their crew and all their equipment from city to city when they embark on a world tour almost every year?? Fascinating isn't it...

Eddie should probably leave the band at home and play all future tours with a ukulele he can carry around in his hand luggage. Maybe he will charge his fans 108 eruo for a ticket as opposed to a reduced price for not having the full band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Burty330 wrote: »
    PJ should retire from touring if im to believe the message they portray in their new video.

The dangers climate change are shown in all its devastation in their new video that also features Greta Thunberg as a messiah figure. Isn't she against air travel? How does Greta think PJ get themselves , their crew and all their equipment from city to city when they embark on a world tour almost every year?? Fascinating isn't it...

Eddie should probably leave the band at home and play all future tours with a ukulele he can carry around in his hand luggage. Maybe he will charge his fans 108 eruo for a ticket as opposed to a reduced price for not having the full band.

Yeay Burty is back. I'm surprised you listened to the new song. But since the album has been out ages I am guessing you secretly liked it as its taken a new video for you to bring out your usual nonsense anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Yeay Burty is back. I'm surprised you listened to the new song. But since the album has been out ages I am guessing you secretly liked it as its taken a new video for you to bring out your usual nonsense anger.

I was strangely missing the absolute shower of misery of Burty's posts :P

Why? The Euro tour is postponed, not cancelled. If gigs/tours are able to go ahead next year, Pearl Jam will be on tour.

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-2020-european-tour-postponed

Was only making a small joke with another Eddie solo tour next year

Tbh its would be a bit overkill if he did and supported by Glen Hansard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Eddie and Dermot Kennedy?

Ah right, sorry there.

You wouldn't be surprised with EV, tbf :pac:

Eddie and Dermot Kennedy?

That would be interesting but Eddie and Glen have a bff thing going on

Hansard seems to show up everywhere

AXS (whom I bought my ticket from) are now refunding everyone who bought tickets for Hyde Park. I received the following email:
    "Hello,

Following on from our email to you on Wednesday 29 April, we are contacting you again with an update from the organisers of BST Hyde Park 2020.

"The challenges caused by COVID-19 continue to affect the global event industry. After regular consultations with the artist community and The Royal Parks regarding the ongoing crisis, we will continue to monitor the situation before announcing our 2021 programme of artists. As a result, we believe that the best course of action is to automatically refund all ticket holders whilst this process continues. No further action is needed from your side.

Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement.

You are very much at the core of our 2021 event planning and we would love to hear your thoughts, so if you could please spare us no more than 3 minutes by filling in this survey, we in turn will do everything we can to make BST Hyde Park 2021 the best one yet.

We are hugely looking forward to sharing our 2021 plans with you all and returning to Hyde Park for another incredible summer series."

Following this statement and in line with our standard policy, AXS aim to refund the payment method used for purchase within 14 business days. (During these unprecedented times our customer service department are very busy – on occasion, it may take longer for funds to credit your account).

We look forward to updating you as soon as 2021 plans are ready, and seeing you all again soon.

Team AXS

What a load of s##t. "Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement"

What I read from that is that "priority access" doesn't mean because you got tickets for the cancelled gig you are guaranteed to get one for the re-scheduled one.
    Also "our discussions with the artists" and "Full details will be released upon artist announcement" means it will more than likely not be PJ who play the 2021 Hyde Park gig.
    I'm disappointed but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Think the issue is that Hyde Park might not be available for all gigs next summer.
    lukin wrote: »
    AXS (whom I bought my ticket from) are now refunding everyone who bought tickets for Hyde Park. I received the following email:
    "Hello,

Following on from our email to you on Wednesday 29 April, we are contacting you again with an update from the organisers of BST Hyde Park 2020.

"The challenges caused by COVID-19 continue to affect the global event industry. After regular consultations with the artist community and The Royal Parks regarding the ongoing crisis, we will continue to monitor the situation before announcing our 2021 programme of artists. As a result, we believe that the best course of action is to automatically refund all ticket holders whilst this process continues. No further action is needed from your side.

Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement.

You are very much at the core of our 2021 event planning and we would love to hear your thoughts, so if you could please spare us no more than 3 minutes by filling in this survey, we in turn will do everything we can to make BST Hyde Park 2021 the best one yet.

We are hugely looking forward to sharing our 2021 plans with you all and returning to Hyde Park for another incredible summer series."

Following this statement and in line with our standard policy, AXS aim to refund the payment method used for purchase within 14 business days. (During these unprecedented times our customer service department are very busy – on occasion, it may take longer for funds to credit your account).

We look forward to updating you as soon as 2021 plans are ready, and seeing you all again soon.

Team AXS

What a load of s##t. "Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement"

What I read from that is that "priority access" doesn't mean because you got tickets for the cancelled gig you are guaranteed to get one for the re-scheduled one.
    Also "our discussions with the artists" and "Full details will be released upon artist announcement" means it will more than likely not be PJ who play the 2021 Hyde Park gig.
    I'm disappointed but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

We should be in Italy today for the Imola gig :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Almost all dates rescheduled, but tour starts in Amsterdam, includes pinkpop and Prague now. No uk show at all

Mushy wrote: »
    No uk show at all

Yeah I got the email just now. Not one bit surprised, I predicted it in my earlier post :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mushy wrote: »
    Almost all dates rescheduled, but tour starts in Amsterdam, includes pinkpop and Prague now. No uk show at all

There is a big gap from July 6th to the 14th when Hyde Park is on so they might still play it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Imola rescheduled to a Saturday, nice!

Advertisement