Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies getting it on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Zero Point wrote: »
    This 1000%

Just because you're interacting with the same people here everyday, even for years, you've no idea what kind of darkness lurks behind the screen.

Could be Roy Cropper..

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

glasso wrote: »
    frothing?
    wexie wrote: »
    Like a wookie eating a bowl of yoghurt

no way I'm reading past this, good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sarah mac

Hey everyone I'm new here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

Sarah mac wrote: »

so you're here to find a man on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Sarah mac wrote: »

Dick pic sent

*i didnt

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Wonder how many on here are re regs with different names. The average age on here is mid 30s I'm guessing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I know I am, my OH is also one of my re-reg accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How do people even get to that stage of meeting on a message board,
    If find it strange maybe I'm the odd one but I don't think iv ever even PM's someone here,
    Serious question how could you find someone attractive from reading there mails in a tread ? or am I just shallow cause I'd 110% need to see someone before even thinking like that ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

What if I told you there is at least one Boardsie who's parents met on boards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, all the time.
    Working class herpes, eh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If find it strange maybe I'm the odd one but I don't think iv ever even PM's someone here,
    Serious question how could you find someone attractive from reading there mails in a tread ? or am I just shallow cause I'd 110% need to see someone before even thinking like that ,

A long time ago a bunch of us hung about on a particular forum. We had a lot of fun, so a natural extension of that was that we'd all meet up for pints, weekends away, etc. From there friendships, and later relationships formed, and of the core group from that forum there are four married couples who so far between them have had three kids. And I know of other Boards couples who would have met in similar ways, so it's not necessarily just down to liking someone's posts or PMing them, although I know that has also worked in the past on occasions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep, when Boards Beers were on the go and on the fairly regular at one point(some forum or other would have a beers once a month*) a fair few relationships kicked off. These days I'd say that's far less likely.

*Though I remember After Hours beers were poorly attended, even though it always had about the highest traffic.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wibbs wrote: »
    *Though I remember After Hours beers were poorly attended, even though it always had about the highest traffic.

Probably because a large contingent of the loudmouths on here would shrivel up and die if they ever actually had to admit to being X poster to someone's face.

Anyway, I went out with a Boardsie for a while. Although our initial contact was made on POF (where he recognised me from here) so I'm not sure if that "counts". Like others, I've also made "real life" friends with people from here over the years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Probably because a large contingent of the loudmouths on here would shrivel up and die if they ever actually had to admit to being X poster to someone's face.
    Back then the place was less fractious, the posting and posters more jokey. I'd say it was down to AH not being a specific interest forum and more a general one, so less of a "community" feel.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've heard of plenty a boardsie getting it on and boards babies as well.
    Met a few people from boards, but never any funny business with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Wibbs wrote: »
    Back then the place was less fractious

At the very beginning the opposite held true. The forum started out as a place to metaphorically Tea-bag other posters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've heard of plenty a boardsie getting it on and boards babies as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Boom_Bap wrote: »

You protest too much Boom_Bap!

200.gif

You protest too much Boom_Bap!

200.gif

Stalked loads, but need put my baby maker in any :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Most of the people who PM me suggest that I have sex with myself rather themselves.

• Advertisement

Stalked loads, but need put my baby maker in any :pac::pac::pac:

Sure sure :pac:

SecondSarcasticBlackwidowspider-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

biko wrote: »
    Working class herpes, eh? :D

*scratch*

:D

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

If you regularly contribute to a forum that's quite active and you have fun with the people there meeting IRL is a logical next step. I've gone to a couple of meet ups with a group of boardsies over the last year and I know there's at least 3 that were organised that I didn't go to too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

/waves

Hello!
    Hi:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Went on some dates with 2, sexual contact involved but not full sex.

Went on a date with another and ended up in hospital after falling and knocking myself unconscious. Don't mix drink and meds kids!

Went on some dates with 2, sexual contact involved but not full sex.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Let's blame your man who started taking photographs of your one's feet, resulting in Boards' meet-ups forever being cancelled. I wasn't there obviously, but I would've gone along to future events, to put faces to the names, but that deviant ruined it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Most of the PMs I get are durty out, not that I'm complaining :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Most of the PMs I get are durty out, not that I'm complaining :p

PM incoming......

Advertisement