Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are dogs being stolen in your area?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

I just got told I was Racist and Banned from Animals. I dont need to say anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I don't know but they are all meant to mean different things but it seems to change over time.

An unknown code , almost the stuff of James Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

An unknown code , almost the stuff of James Bond.

The cia aren’t a patch on the dog nappers.
    Chalk on a wall.ffs.its been raining so much this summer the chalk would be washed off after 2 minutes.Trying to find a cable tie in the dark stuck on a gate is another one.
    Walter mitties inventing theories for the sake of drama the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The cia aren’t a patch on the dog nappers.
    Chalk on a wall.ffs.its been raining so much this summer the chalk would be washed off after 2 minutes.Trying to find a cable tie in the dark stuck on a gate is another one.
    Walter mitties inventing theories for the sake of drama the most of it.

And how do you think that Greyhound, Shergar was robbed a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

And how do you think that Greyhound, Shergar was robbed a few years ago.

Maybe they tied a cable tie to his stable door....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I just got told I was Racist and Banned from Animals. I dont need to say anything else.

I honestly can't decide which forum is the worst place for a thread like this, A&PI or AH.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Please don't discuss sanctions regarding another forum here, if you have an issue with moderation PM the mods of the appropriate forum or use the Feedback/Dispute Resolution Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Few dogs stolen and people noticing marks and bits of string on their gates, from reading here it seems to be the same all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It is the same all over the country but the group taking them are protected by the PC brigade in South Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Seemingly 3 people arrested in fedamore, Limerick last night night in a white eng Reg van. A number of dogs were siezed in the back of the van.

The house had been marked somehow, occupants waited for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

British Bulldog Puppy stolen from Killaloe yesterday found dumped. Owner put her all over social media and worked closely with Gardai. Tweets were put out alerting the ports. Owner received messages saying she was in was in Limerick and person was trying to extort money from owner saying she was iw 'very valuable'.

Dog dumped when realised dog could be too distinctive. Lucky owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Few dogs stolen and people noticing marks and bits of string on their gates, from reading here it seems to be the same all over.

Utter rubbish. Even BASIC LOGIC would say its bullsh1t.

I wish people would stop scaremongering with this utter tripe. The second rate local media that employ untrained interns to write local gossip are partly to blame as are the sh1te rags like the daily mail or more locally the Herald/Indo

Think of really basic elementary logic - we have eircodes, we have street maps, we have addresses we even have cameras on all our phones.

If I wanted to "mark" a house would I

A - put a chalk marking that will wash away with the first shower or rain or a cable tie on a gate for someone to come later in the DARK OF THE NIGHT to break in and steal a dog / rob an elderly couple or whatever the latse sensational fad scare story going. (you can barely see a cable tie in daytime let alone at night.

or

B - Send the address by text.

So next time someone give you a stupid story about a marking on a gate tell them to sue basic logic and stop spreading scaremongering stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Breaking new from Gardai

Gardaí have seized 10 dogs that are believed to be stolen following a search in Rathkeale, Co. Limerick on August 1, 2020.

Through initial enquiries, Gardaí have since reunited 1 of the dogs, a Cavalier King Charles, with its owner but Gardaí are now appealing to help trace the owners of the other 9 dogs.

No arrests have been made but Gardaí are following a definite line of enquiry and expect to progress the investigation in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

How in the name of jaysus have no arrests been made???
    Surely they were on someone's property, that would be my first port of call for an arrest if I was a cop

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Butson

These people have nothing, and I mean nothing, positive to bring to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Rathkeale Co limerick , fair play to the guards finding ten stolen dogs , only the tip of the iceberg

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/563920/10-stolen-dogs-recovered-in-limerick-appeal-issued-to-trace-owners.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

anewme wrote: »
    Breaking new from Gardai

Gardaí have seized 10 dogs that are believed to be stolen following a search in Rathkeale, Co. Limerick on August 1, 2020.

Through initial enquiries, Gardaí have since reunited 1 of the dogs, a Cavalier King Charles, with its owner but Gardaí are now appealing to help trace the owners of the other 9 dogs.

No arrests have been made but Gardaí are following a definite line of enquiry and expect to progress the investigation in the near future.

Yet you'll still have posters on here saying its all hysteria and no dogs are been taken.
    Here's your proof folks, now please mind your dogs and look out for your neighbours dogs.

To thine own self be true

Yet you'll still have posters on here saying its all hysteria and no dogs are being taken.
    Here's your proof folks, now please mind your dogs and look out for your neighbours dogs.

We’ve had a huge spate if it in our area the past few days. Drones at 1am last night. Suspicious vehicles in our town and cruising round. . Bits of string, chalk and other markings which have been advised to Gardai.

It’s pathetic at this stage that people still here in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Weather its dogs , machinery cars etc one part of a gang suss things out with markings while another part of gang smash and grab. Going on for years. A bit like carparks @ festivals etc and bottles left on car roofs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We’ve had a huge spate if it in our area the past few days. Drones at 1am last night. Suspicious vehicles in our town and cruising round. . Bits of string, chalk and other markings which have been advised to Gardai.

Whereabouts in the country is that? Our newfie went ape this morning bout 4 ó clock and she very rarely barks. I've a feeling someone was outside her door but couldn't see anyone. I'll have two cartridges by the bed ready to go for the rest of the week

Bullocks wrote: »
    How in the name of jaysus have no arrests been made???
    Surely they were on someone's property, that would be my first port of call for an arrest if I was a cop

That’s not my house. That’s not my van. I’m just looking for directions and I needed the toilet and went into this house where the door was unlocked. They’re not my feet. They talk and talk and talk and the guards and judiciary don’t bother.

And if we say anything against the perpetrators, be it 2, 5 or 10 people, they shout racism and we’re made out to be worse than hitler!

Bullocks wrote: »
    Whereabouts in the country is that? Our newfie went ape this morning bout 4 ó clock and she very rarely barks. I've a feeling someone was outside her door but couldn't see anyone. I'll have two cartridges by the bed ready to go for the rest of the week

Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

My cocker spaniel with blonde ears and a brown body was stolen last week. I rang the guards and they told me to put up a few posters and search ads online. I went to a friends place across town and was telling this story, when their neighbour who was also at the gathering said that they know someone who recently purchased a cocker spaniel with blonde ears. He said it reminded him of Goldie Hawn. He was a bit tipsy, and to be honest so was I, so I asked him if he could show me this dog sometime. He said sure let's walk there, the house is only 10 minutes away. So we go and sure enough I see my dog barking in the window. We went to the house and rang the buzzer. No answer. Left a notice, explaining that they somehow have my dog. I get a call back and they tell me I can have my dog back for a price. How much? Tree fiddy, he says. The end.

And did he give you the 350 and your dog or did you just take em?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

My wife showed me a post on FB the other day. A splat of black on the side of a house. The poster was shrieking about having being marked by dog thieves, and warning everyone in the group to look out of such marks. Loads of likes and supportive comments echoing the outrage at this happening.

One sane person pointed out that it looked suspiciously (exactly) like a dark bird dropping. Cue the geniuses who declare that it couldn’t be bird shíte, because the wall is vertical, and birds poop from the air! So there’s no way a bird could poo on a vertical surface - it had to be dog thieves!

How someone that stupid could manage looking after a dog is beyond me.

That's just stupid. Dog thieves can't poop on a vertical surface either.
    Unless they are being flung from a few floors up. That's different.

hurler32 wrote: »
    Rathkeale Co limerick , fair play to the guards finding ten stolen dogs , only the tip of the iceberg

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/563920/10-stolen-dogs-recovered-in-limerick-appeal-issued-to-trace-owners.html

Rathkeale.
    Quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Ahhh boss dogs is as much our culture as horses.

I'll be havin a kennel next to the stables now please.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Ahhh boss dags is as much our culture as horses.

I'll be havin a kennel next to the stables now please.

Fyp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dogs are being targetted more of late it seems and it has been a longstanding problem and yep a certain demographic are more in play. However the chalk, string and other nonsense, is well, nonsense spread by hysterical middle aged Marys on Facebook and Whatsapp.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rathkeale.
    Quelle surprise.

No arrests have been made..... why bother

Advertisement