Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm near sure that earlier in the year Mawae was asked by the titans not to retire. . so he didn't but now he's being told that he can either stay as back up or leave. Thats a lot of disrepect to probably the best centre ever and the most influental leader on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The Indianapolis Colts have announced that quarterback Peyton Manning has had surgery to relieve pain in his neck caused by a pinched nerve.

"This condition has existed intermittently for the past four years, but at no time did it interfere with his training, practice or playing regimen," the team said in a release. "While it never has affected Peyton's activity on or off the field, the Colts' medical staff, after post-playoff examination, thought it best to resolve the situation now."

In other words, Manning has had an injury that the Colts claim really isn't an injury, in order to prevent an accusation that they were covering up his injury.

Really, if the thing has never affected him "on or off the field," why in the hell was did they cut him open? And why did they announce it to the world when they have no requirement to say anything about injuries until the Wednesday before Week One of the 2010 season?

Here's why. If this news had leaked without the Colts getting in front of it, the obvious reaction (by pains in the ass like me) would have been that the Colts had failed to disclose the injury.

And just because the Colts say it never affected Manning doesn't mean they're telling the truth. We're far more inclined to defer to common sense on this one, and to conclude that, at times, Peyton has been experiencing pain in his neck during the football season, that he has always found a way to play through it, and that nevertheless the condition should have been disclosed at some point in the last four years.

Link....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What's happening AF peeps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I'm extremely busy with a thesis that's due next week so not linking things much cause of that!:(

If you were the Seahawks would you exchange their two first round picks to the rams for the overall 1st pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

If you were the Seahawks would you exchange their two first round picks to the rams for the overall 1st pick?

For Bradford yes. If you plan on building your team around him you may as well go big if he is the right guy in your mind. Not for Suh despite him being an immense talent, you don't build around a DT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The Jets take Antonio Cromartie from the Chargers for a 3rd round draft pick.Thats a hell of CB partnership now with Revis.Ryan will get the best out of him.
    If only we went out and got ourselves a Brandon Marshall type wide receiver i would be very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dansby signs with the Dolphins.
    Ravens pick up Boldin from Cardinals in exchange for 3rd, 4th round picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Big week for the bears. NFC north is looking 1 tough division.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Raiders apparently considering TO, hopefully we pick him up would like to see him in the silver and black!

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Retired from the game 17 years ago but Willie Gault still thinks he has something to contribute... and tbh he's probably right!

willie-gault-whiffle.jpg

49 years old now and is still running a 4.4 40! I'd love to see him get a trial but looking at his NFL page and for whatever reason he never seemed to but up great numbers. Had he been a pro-bowl standard player back in his day he might have been in with a shout.

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, he might be able to run a great 40 time but I'm pretty sure his 50 year old body would be broken in two when returns a kick-off.

Yeah that's probably true but he does look to be in unbelievable nick. Hopefully Al Davis will get wind of him and then we'll know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Jets let go of Thomas Jones and bring in LT.For the life of me i cant see how that makes us a better team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah that's probably true but he does look to be in unbelievable nick. Hopefully Al Davis will get wind of him and then we'll know for sure.
    haha I was just thinking that!

• Advertisement

Raiders apparently considering TO, hopefully we pick him up would like to see him in the silver and black!

Link
    epic fail there, the link is over a year old!

In saying that id still like us to pick up TO.. vick could also work!

Jets to be featured on this seasons Hard Knocks series.

I'm delighted about this, they couldn't pick a better team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Great article on the fighting between the NFL and NFLPA: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/25/union-poses-10-questions-to-nfl/ The NFLPA consistently looks childish and immature in all the labor agreement dicussuions and fighting.

Bottom line, the fans dont care if its the millionaires or billionaires who win out, we want football next year.

Some funny stories over the draft weekend...

As Antonio Cromartie went up to the podium to annouce the Jets pick, this chant was heard from the crowd "Feed you kids, Feed your kids, Feed you kids!" :D

The Bill's CB Drayton Florence posted on twitter asking what undrafted rookie has the best chance of making the team...Mike Sims-Walker WR of the Jags (Florence's ex-teammate) replied "Whoeva u guard in practise!"

• Advertisement

Walter Jones announced his retirement today. Inevitable but huge loss to the Seahawks and the league. Phenomenal player who would've added more excitement to the Hawks than most of their skill position players if he'd played last year. If you want to see the most ridiculous O-line play just go to the 3 minute mark of this video:

Drew Rosenhaus, the Ari Gold of Football...:eek: would not like to mess with him in contract negotiations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This was just retweeted by Adam Schefter.
    A Patriots fact: it is written in every player's contract that he must do 10 charitable appearances per year.

This is a really nice thing to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hi lads, not an American Football fan, but have recently discovered the comfort of American football shirts. Anyone got any decent sites for same? I don't care how up to date or whatever, or even what teams, just want to buy a few but not pay through the nose for.

thanks

EDIT: Forget it, I see someone posted something further down :rolleyes:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/06/the_lowdown_on_1.html

Wes Welker trained today!! The timeline to start running again with his injuries are 6-8 months, Wes is barely in his 4 month...what a legend!!

I hope he his not rushing it, but if hes on the team week 1, i will be estatic.

Also Wes dancing at the Celtics V Orlando game last week, look at him go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »

Great to see him back in some sort of physical exercise. Always a good sign.

Not the NFL, but there was an amazing finish to a game in the CFL the other day. You have to watch this video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818f37cc/CFL-craziness

I watched that earlier. I can't believe two years in a row, against the same team they managed to put 13 men on the field!

ALso. . . that was some catch. .

See that vid has been removed from NFL.com. Wondering did the CFL object to the NFL taking a stab at them or something :D

• Advertisement

I wouldnt be suprised. . .From watchin the highlights, although there was moments of pure brilliance, there was a lot of embarrassing moments that you wouldnt even see in high school football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

RIP Steve McNair! crazy to think its been a whole year since you left! :(

kev_s88 wrote: »
    RIP Steve McNair! crazy to think its been a whole year since you left! :(

Wow a year already? RIP Steve McNair.

My friend was always a diehard colt, and i was a diehard titan. The arguments we used to have, who was the better Qb Mcnair or Manning. Ah the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

JaMarcus Russell gets arrested!

Note: Not a piss-take

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/07/jamarcus_russell_arrested.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

f1dan wrote: »

The substance he got caught with is known as "lean".
    Oh irony, how I love thee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, Neil prediction is looking good.
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    He's shown absolutely no signs of wanting to turn his career around though. It's all well and good to suggest that he needs a fresh start at a new team but if the same JR that walks out of the raiders walks into a new club it'll be the same story, only probably a bit cheaper for the new team.

My prediction is he's either in jail by this time next year or scraping by with minimal hustle in the afl or cfl.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65765399&postcount=10

f1dan wrote: »

hah.

Im hardly surprised by that one. Pretty predictable that good old JR wasnt going to make it back onto an NFL roster anytime soon

I can't do it guys. 2 more months to wait. It's taking so long :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Archimedes wrote: »

19 days till training camp..not too bad when you look at it like that.

I love training camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Come out and Watch the IAFL playoff's.

18th July:
    1: Cork Admirals vs West Dublin Rhinos in Cork

25th July:
    2: Dublin Rebels vs Winner Game 1 in Santry
    3: University of Limerick Vikings vs Carrickfergus Knights in Limerick

7th August:
    Shamrock Bowl: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3 in Tallaght Stadium

Tickets for the Shamrock Bowl are on sale from Ticketmaster.ie for 6euro. Its great value as it should be a cracking game whoever the participants are. So come on get out there and watch some American Football and cheer on the IAFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i see jeremy green has flushed his career/life down the toilet.

liked his rants on football today but have zero respect for the guy now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5367617

RuggieBear wrote: »
    i see jeremy green has flushed his career/life down the toilet.

liked his rants on football today but have zero respect for the guy now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5367617

Jebus them are some serious charges. What a scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i suppose i should wait and see if he is found guilty but those are indeedy some serious charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I liked Jeremy Green, I love the ESPN podcast with podvader.
    There are some very serious charges, his career is finished

What can you say but "he isn't what we thought he is"
    Yeah, incorrect grammer, you get the point

Matt Williamson, the new host is even better then him though.

• Advertisement

Best. Signature. Ever.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Why can't i manage to find a store that s selling NCAA 11 for Xbox 360 for Ireland or the UK :(

Also hello forum !

Stev_o wrote: »
    Why can't i manage to find a store that s selling NCAA 11 for Xbox 360 for Ireland or the UK :(

Also hello forum !

Because EA don't make the game for European Xbox's. It is and always has been a US exclusive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Because EA don't make the game for European Xbox's. It is and always has been a US exclusive game.

Well that's a disappointment have to wait till August for Madden then!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Best. Signature. Ever.

:D

Clearly its this:
    bradyManningBrady.jpg

Mods: If this picture is not allowed I apologise

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement