Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Thanks for that themont85, excellent links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Thanks for that themont85, excellent links.

No probs bro, glad somebody enoyed them! The impact of NFL films cannot be overstated in making the NFL such compulsive viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

themont85 wrote: »
    No probs bro, glad somebody enoyed them! The impact of NFL films cannot be overstated in making the NFL such compulsive viewing.

Agreed. They do them so well. I know a few people who don't watch the NFL but love Americas Game for example.

Steve just makes everything sound interesting. The sound, camera work, narration etc. turn an ordinary looking play into something pretty special looking!

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, this years Americas Game should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Odds from Vegas for next year's SuperBowl.

Indianapolis Colts 13/2
    San Diego Chargers 8/1
    New England Patriots 10/1
    New Orleans Saints 10/1
    Pittsburgh Steelers 11/1
    Dallas Cowboys 12/1
    Green Bay Packers 12/1
    Minnesota Vikings 12/1
    Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
    Baltimore Ravens 20/1
    New York Giants 20/1

The Saints have a ridculous number of unrestricted free agents this offseason (29 i believe dependning on CBA), it'll be interesting to see if they can hold onto them.

Hazys wrote: »
    Odds from Vegas for next year's SuperBowl.

Indianapolis Colts 13/2
    San Diego Chargers 8/1
    New England Patriots 10/1
    New Orleans Saints 10/1
    Pittsburgh Steelers 11/1
    Dallas Cowboys 12/1
    Green Bay Packers 12/1
    Minnesota Vikings 12/1
    Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
    Baltimore Ravens 20/1
    New York Giants 20/1

The Saints have a ridculous number of unrestricted free agents this offseason (29 i believe dependning on CBA), it'll be interesting to see if they can hold onto them.

Defintely worth a shot to get to where they were in the playoffs this season next year. List isn't all surprising though.

Here is the list of the top99 to be free agents this off season:

http://www.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

If the new CBA doesnt go through in a months time, which it wont, the list is going to look extremely pityful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Al-Harris-The-road-to-recovery-Part-I

Interesting stuff as Al Harris rehabs from a severe knee injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The pain he's clearly in when getting the knee manipulated is unreal!!!!

I wanna party with Wade Phillips!!!

Haha...some man....what a mover....

Didn't think this deserves a thread of it's own since it is just a rumour! Chad hasn't even mentioned it on his Twitter!
    Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, whose quest to get out of Cincinnati in 2008 fundamentally arose from a desire to get more money, now says that he'll take a pay cut to get receiver Terrell Owens to town.

Ochocinco made the comments to a citizen journalist while leaving Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles in Los Angeles, and the comments made their way to TMZ.com.

Bob Glauber of Newsday reported earlier today (in the portion of his article that we can see without prying open our change purse) that Ochocinco is the only person in the organization interested in T.O.

And though it might make sense for Chad to enlist quarterback Carson Palmer to the cause, Chad says during the video and he and Palmer don't get along in the offseason.

Maybe it's because Carson is focused on getting ready for football season, and Chad is focused on doing things other than getting ready for football season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

That wouldnt be the worst move for the Bengals. They need to get someone on the other side of the field and while TO isnt the player he was a few years ago he showed last year-with how many QBs?-that he can still be productive and he would be a good no 2 to Chad. They need someone on the other side of the field cos at times this year Chad was double or treble teamed as the defence knew noone else could catch the ball

This story just shows how disfunctional the Raiders are: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/24/hanson-leads-segregated-life-as-raiders-employee/

One of their own current employees are sueing them for their head coach allegedly smashing his jaw. So the Raiders have responded by treating him as an outcast.
    "If [Hanson] wished to eat the lunch provided daily to the Raiders staff, he must ask someone to bring it to him."

lol dont talk to, let in the proper enterance, interact or feed the outcast.

I dont know if it has licensing to show it in Ireland but it does in the US anyway, but worth a try and also if you have software to change your IP.

http://www.hulu.com/channels/Sports has loads of NFL Films full length episodes free on their website including all of America's Game series!!!!

It has loads of cool shows like The Season in Review, Greatest Games, Hard Knocks (all seasons except the latest Bengals one), etc

I watched the 2006 AFC Playoff game between the Pats and Chargers last night...Troy Brown your some LEGEND!!!

Hazys wrote: »
    I dont know if it has licensing to show it in Ireland but it does in the US anyway, but worth a try and also if you have software to change your IP.

http://www.hulu.com/channels/Sports has loads of NFL Films full length episodes free on their website including all of America's Game series!!!!

It has loads of cool shows like The Season in Review, Greatest Games, Hard Knocks (all seasons except the latest Bengals one), etc

I watched the 2006 AFC Playoff game between the Pats and Chargers last night...Troy Brown your some LEGEND!!!

No Irish licence. Google hotspot shield, does the trick with hulu for those interested;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

themont85 wrote: »
    No Irish licence. Google hotspot shield, does the trick with hulu for those interested;)

Does it? Not working for me.

seadnamac wrote: »
    Does it? Not working for me.

Works for me anyway. Download the program, click into it and it will connect. It is connected when the bar goes green! Maybe its your firewall or virus scanner but it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm near sure that earlier in the year Mawae was asked by the titans not to retire. . so he didn't but now he's being told that he can either stay as back up or leave. Thats a lot of disrepect to probably the best centre ever and the most influental leader on the team.

The Indianapolis Colts have announced that quarterback Peyton Manning has had surgery to relieve pain in his neck caused by a pinched nerve.

"This condition has existed intermittently for the past four years, but at no time did it interfere with his training, practice or playing regimen," the team said in a release. "While it never has affected Peyton's activity on or off the field, the Colts' medical staff, after post-playoff examination, thought it best to resolve the situation now."

In other words, Manning has had an injury that the Colts claim really isn't an injury, in order to prevent an accusation that they were covering up his injury.

Really, if the thing has never affected him "on or off the field," why in the hell was did they cut him open? And why did they announce it to the world when they have no requirement to say anything about injuries until the Wednesday before Week One of the 2010 season?

Here's why. If this news had leaked without the Colts getting in front of it, the obvious reaction (by pains in the ass like me) would have been that the Colts had failed to disclose the injury.

And just because the Colts say it never affected Manning doesn't mean they're telling the truth. We're far more inclined to defer to common sense on this one, and to conclude that, at times, Peyton has been experiencing pain in his neck during the football season, that he has always found a way to play through it, and that nevertheless the condition should have been disclosed at some point in the last four years.

Link....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What's happening AF peeps?

Well I'm extremely busy with a thesis that's due next week so not linking things much cause of that!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

If you were the Seahawks would you exchange their two first round picks to the rams for the overall 1st pick?

If you were the Seahawks would you exchange their two first round picks to the rams for the overall 1st pick?

For Bradford yes. If you plan on building your team around him you may as well go big if he is the right guy in your mind. Not for Suh despite him being an immense talent, you don't build around a DT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The Jets take Antonio Cromartie from the Chargers for a 3rd round draft pick.Thats a hell of CB partnership now with Revis.Ryan will get the best out of him.
    If only we went out and got ourselves a Brandon Marshall type wide receiver i would be very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dansby signs with the Dolphins.
    Ravens pick up Boldin from Cardinals in exchange for 3rd, 4th round picks.

Big week for the bears. NFC north is looking 1 tough division.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Raiders apparently considering TO, hopefully we pick him up would like to see him in the silver and black!

Link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement