Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Most day 1 buyers are enthusiasts and enthusiasts want the more powerful system.

I think Series S will be a good seller over xmas - parents buying them due to the low price. It's also an easier console to make, very conventional design, less ram, less silicon area etc. The box is small so you fit lots on each pallet. Which can explain to an extent why they are more readily available. Who knows what ratio of S to X Microsoft have manufactured in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Most day 1 buyers are enthusiasts and enthusiasts want the more powerful system.

I think Series S will be a good seller over xmas - parents buying them due to the low price. It's also an easier console to make, very conventional design, less ram, less silicon area etc. The box is small so you fit lots on each pallet. Which can explain to an extent why they are more readily available. Who knows what ratio of S to X Microsoft have manufactured in advance.

I can see some parents buying a One S instead of a Series S by mistake I can see a lot of Christmas morning tears and tantrums.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Downclocked CPUs are also easier to come by than the 3.8GHz required for the Series X. Yields have been an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where they messed up?

A developer delayed a game during Covid?
    Games get delayed, such is life, no need to accuse people of messing up.

Just having the one big launch title was the screw up, as delays do happen. Again, we shouldn't give MS a pass for what is probably one of the worse launches for a console exclusive wise in a long time. My criticism is very mild here, as MS got a lot of other stuff right.

Godfall is a timed exclusive, it will be on Xbox in April FYI

Ah I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Just having the one big launch title was the screw up, as delays do happen. Again, we shouldn't give MS a pass for what is probably one of the worse launches for a console exclusive wise in a long time. My criticism is very mild here, as MS got a lot of other stuff right.

Fair to say this is the worst launch line up ever to be honest.
    In saying that im getting one but we dont need to be fanboys here, we can be adults and call it what it is.

I dont see the PS5 launch as being much better mind you, a DLC of Spiderman and a remake of a game which 50% of people have already preplayed is hardly something to crow about.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Smyths normally use DPD

My PS5 controller from them was delivered via UPS, and headset is coming from DPD. So looks like they use a couple different ones.

This is not looking too good this early on.:eek:

120 flames per second not frames.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

If anybody looking for a xbox series s there one left in smyths navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yup I got a series x for me upgrade from the one x and the series s for my daughter who mainly plays Apex and Minecraft on a 1080p tv upgrade from a one s.

The series s for €300 makes so much sense for kids and casual gamers, I reckon it will be a massive seller at christmas stock permitting

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Ah I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

No problem, game looks pretty boring anyway. This generations Ryse unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Installing RDR2 offa disk now, the drive is pretty noisy....

Had forgotten the old Lucasarts games have been remastered and added to Gamespass.

Tempted to have Full Throttle loaded as the game my 8 year old sees when he gets home from school. "No, seriously, this is how all the Series X games look, isn't it amazing??!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I never preorder anything and a series x just fell into my hands this morning :P
    Friend of a friend preordered one along with a ps5, changed his mind on the seriesX.
    He collected it yesterday from gamestop Carlow and i got it this morning, my son is delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

the corpo wrote: »
    Installing RDR2 offa disk now, the drive is pretty noisy....

Had forgotten the old Lucasarts games have been remastered and added to Gamespass.

Tempted to have Full Throttle loaded as the game my 8 year old sees when he gets home from school. "No, seriously, this is how all the Series X games look, isn't it amazing??!"

How noisy? Mine makes a loud grinding noise. It's way louder than my One X and my One were.

I'm fairly sure mine is defective in some way. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

fifth wrote: »
    How noisy? Mine makes a loud grinding noise. It's way louder than my One X and my One were.

Same, it's a grinding noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Gamestop said 2nd wave and I am in that come end of November unless there talking crap

That's good to know, they've made no commitment to me at all on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Where UPS failed, Nightline has delivered (even though they’re the same company!), can’t wait to get it set up! I checked the address and it was actually correct just with MS’s postcode instead of my eircode. My mobile number was even on there so it looks like UPS just didn’t bother their arse yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shame about the issues people are having. Guess that's a risk of getting a launch console - it shouldn't be after paying good money! But ah it's messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

the corpo wrote: »
    Same, it's a grinding noise.

Noticed reports of this popping up on twitter, youtube, facebook groups, reddit.. I am thinking of contacting support about it but don't want to be without my new console for weeks on end either. :confused:

Fair to say this is the worst launch line up ever to be honest.
    In saying that im getting one but we dont need to be fanboys here, we can be adults and call it what it is.

I dont see the PS5 launch as being much better mind you, a DLC of Spiderman and a remake of a game which 50% of people have already preplayed is hardly something to crow about.

Oh yeah the PS5 is not much better and they have there own set of problems on top of that. PS5 also missing a bunch of features Series X has etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

fifth wrote: »

Mine was the same when installing a disc game. Once installed Is fine

So it’s just the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

This is not looking too good this early on.:eek:

120 flames per second not frames.:eek:
    Looks like vape and not actually smoke. Maybe I'm wrong though!

Mine was the same when installing a disc game. Once installed Is fine

So it’s just the disc

I went with an S because the X was all booked out however the disc drive should not be making grinding noises I know it is annoying but for €500 I would be contacting Microsoft support.

Most reports on the Series X say that it is whisper quiet so I doubt that it is meant to making this noise.

I have said it before but having these new consoles launch just before Christmas seems like a recipe for stress all around.

Shame about the issues people are having. Guess that's a risk of getting a launch console - it shouldn't be after paying good money! But ah it's messed up.
    It a gamble buying any electronic at launch a year after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

SomeSayKos wrote: »

Crap that's bad if that's happening

SomeSayKos wrote: »

I though that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Mine arrived in Dublin on Monday

Yesterday was "Out for Delivery"
    Today is "In Transit"

Might get onto MS at this stage caus I ain't getting anywhere with UPS support

Shambolic is what it is. Just spoke to UPS support, they can't tell me when it's going to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

lfc200 wrote: »
    Shambolic is what it is. Just spoke to UPS support, they can't tell me when it's going to be delivered.

The volumes being handled by all couriers at the moment is mental.

GazzaL wrote: »

I would saying those working to get these things out are having a nightmare.
    On top of that they have the PS5 coming in less than a week.

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    It also doesn't help that Microsoft mess up address missing the county your in and the Eircode was lucky the UPS driver had my mobile number so I could give him my Eircode.There would be no hope of him finding me.

Advertisement