Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Yes the game is very impressive I could never get into this on Xbox One S the series performance boost and the instant fast travel makes this a different game.

Plus is looks really nice.

Gears 5 is really good with the upgrade too if shooters is more your thing.

Played a lot of Gears on the One X. I must download soon it, the broadband has been on constant downloads since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My NAT Type is Open and still I cant manage to connect to a single party to chat to mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭brady12

I haven’t owned an Xbox since 2016 so game pass is unreal . Going get play everything I want to . Are the phone apps glitching abit for ye ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone get there Xbox pre order after ?

This is for GameStop ore orders no update on tracking since yesterday in the Dublin ...

Still waiting on mine from Microsoft. Was suppose to get it yesterday.

The thoughts of Gamestop having issues is also enoying me considing I ordered my PS5 from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes I have the same issue on my tv the Xbox can do 60fps and 4k or 120fps at 1080P.

You need a TV with Hdmi 2.1 to run at 120fps at 4k that is why the two new xbox consoles ship with high speed Hdmi cables but most TVs can't take full advantage of it.
    If you want a TV that takes full advantage you are taking about €1,000.

You can get a €740 LG Tv that does 4k HDR VRR HDMI 2.1 120Hz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

While I finally got my parcel today my order history still says delivery failed - processing refund. Refund will be issued in 4-7 days. I tried to contact MS last night but couldn’t find an Irish number, just going to wait and see what happens now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hots wrote: »
    I just couldn't think of anything else that would be resolved with a few minutes of power down (assuming if it was related to the boot process it would just be a typical power cycle or unplug and hit the power button a few times before rebooting...

Ok, wasn't have a go at you really more how some people are convinced this product will overhear ever since it came up as a false rumour last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just had a quick play of Tetris.

It's actually really good and very addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

My sister has a Series X for me, well actually it’s from Santa for Shred junior (remember Shred - it’s for junior!). I then ordered a Shock Blue controller from Amazon around 10pm on Monday evening that got delivered earlier today which I was delighted with. However, Amazon e-mailed me an apology earlier for not having it to me on launch day and gave me £10 credit too :pac:

You can get a €740 LG Tv that does 4k HDR VRR HDMI 2.1 120Hz.
    What’s name that tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

brady12 wrote: »
    What’s name that tv

LG 49NANO866NA

LG 49NANO866NA

Unreal thanks . Looks ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Ok, that's it, I'm getting the X !

(I wonder if that was a hardware Easter egg)

Unreal thanks . Looks ideal

Here is a link to the correct one. When you google sometimes similar LG Nano cell pop up but they are not HDMI 2.1

https://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MME406A810

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’m new to Xbox, is the cheap ultimate trick as simple as buying a gold pass and then upgrading that to ultimate for €1?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I’m new to Xbox, is the cheap ultimate trick as simple as buying a gold pass and then upgrading that to ultimate for €1?

Yes, get up to 3 years for best value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Can someone who ordered from Smyths tell me when they took payment before release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

reserved one at 6am yesterday morn in galway.collected it at 4pm there this evening.staff made collecting it easy!

That makes 2 of us, was quiet there early afternoon yesterday when I collected mine there, plenty parking spaces next to store entrance, handy for quick exit with the dirty grin I had on my face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

While I finally got my parcel today my order history still says delivery failed - processing refund. Refund will be issued in 4-7 days. I tried to contact MS last night but couldn’t find an Irish number, just going to wait and see what happens now.

I had the same thing happen when I ordered a controller. Don’t worry you won’t ever get the refund. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lads quick question for anyone who pre-ordered for click and collect with Smyths. When did you get your text/email? The night before or on the day?

I'm just wondering how they're doing it for the consoles be nice to know in advance when I can collect it next week for the ps5 instead of waiting possibly all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

topnotch wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen when I ordered a controller. Don’t worry you won’t ever get the refund. :pac:

Thought it was too good to be true all right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lads quick question for anyone who pre-ordered for click and collect with Smyths. When did you get your text/email? The night before or on the day?

I'm just wondering how they're doing it for the consoles be nice to know in advance when I can collect it next week for the ps5 instead of waiting possibly all day.

You normally get an email and text about 10pm the night before. If you don't get a message quote the preorder code from your orders on the website.

Also

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1326662743827468288?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2 osullc28

Back in stock on Amazon UK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

The ultimate cheap trick is getting Ultimate for €1, canceling before the month runs out, getting your €1 refunded and then immediately signing back up for €1. You could keep doing it so long as you get the refund each time because that appears to cancel out your availing of the offer.

I did that for over year. The first few months was out of cheapness but after that I was just seeing how far I could push it. I'm not sure if you can still do. I last did it in about May. I signed back up today but from now on I'll be paying my way. I'd feel like an awful creep doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

osullc28 wrote: »
    Yeah for 800 pounds

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

osullc28 wrote: »

only see some rip off ones now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

Lenny wrote: »
    only see some rip off ones now!

1 post absolute time waster

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Goose81 wrote: »
    1 post absolute time waster

and whats that supposed to mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

some back in stock in argos

Advertisement