Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9 €605

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Samsung S9 now €582 on eGlobal

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/#/product/23081

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    After picking up a Huawei P20 about a month ago, hope the iPhone/Samsung owners like parting with their money. Forget the hype.

The Samsung flagships are still very good devices with the benefits of years of development and software experience and full retail/warranty backup as well as tons of accessories.

While yes there are some fantastic bargains on the Chinese phones (the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/2s for example), it's not really a direct comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Seems to be down to €559 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Excellent value , I bought my Samsung S5 (dual sim) from eglobal nearly 4 years ago at this stage ( think it was a similar price back then)

My S5 refuses to give up , still going as strong as ever.

I have been waiting for Samsung to make another phone with a removable battery to be able to justify the move .Unfortunately looks like this is not going to happen though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vision123456

It's priced at 550 euro now Duel Sim is this offer too good to be true!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,877 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Grrrrr... why couldn't this deal be for the Plus? I honestly cant make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Thargor wrote:
    Should I go for it?

Thargor wrote:
    Although the Plus is only 650:

Its second hand....

Oh crap, never told Chrome to translate, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh crap, never told Chrome to translate, thanks for that.

FWIW it's "as new" which means it should be in perfect nick and come with all original accessories and the box. 30 day money back guarantee no questions asked.
    What would concern me more is the fact it's an international version, anyone know what that means exactly? I saw a Q&A on the .de site saying there are some functional differences which may affect updates? I haven't a clue though. Would also be concerned that Samsung wouldn't honour the warranty should something go wrong, as it's not meant to be used in the EU market if it's from Asia.
    Again, I don't know, but these are just things I have read online. If anyone could shed light on it that actually knows I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thargor wrote: »

That seller only has 48 reviews, I wouldn't be going near them

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bazelbrush

bazelbrush wrote:
    Just ordered one here to Ireland, came to a total of €605.56. Will update when it arrives.

Phone arrived on time and in a sealed package. No complaints really everything working fine so far. The camera is really superb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

bazelbrush wrote: »
    Phone arrived on time and in a sealed package. No complaints really everything working fine so far. The camera is really superb

International version ? Does Samsung pay work?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bazelbrush

Guess who dropped there brand new "bargain" on the weekend and cracked the screen... :( devestated is an understatement but that's what you get for being stupid and not getting a cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Guess who dropped there brand new "bargain" on the weekend and cracked the screen... :( devestated is an understatement but that's what you get for being stupid and not getting a cover!

Ouch! Covers are non-optional for me. I physically couldn't hold on to my last two phones without one (Sony Z5, Samsung S8). Gimme a non-slick and non-rounded sides phone any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

I've a very good cover on my S8 and dropped it and the screen still smashed if that makes you feel any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

Is the general consensus this is worth going for?

Debating between this S9 and the one plus 6 phone...cannot decide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I've a very good cover on my S8 and dropped it and the screen still smashed if that makes you feel any better!

It isn't a very good cover then is it?! I've an otterbox defender on my S6 have dropped many many times and has never cracked

Tempered glass screen protector is a must-have

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

CWF wrote: »
    It isn't a very good cover then is it?! I've an otterbox defender on my S6 have dropped many many times and has never cracked

Mine is an Otterbox, and comparing an S6 screen with and S8 isn't exactly like for like as the entire face is glass. That said, was bound to happen to me eventually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Tempered glass screen protectors are the way forward, same texture as the display and great protection. Can be picked up for a few euro on ebay/amazon

Ordered an s9 dual sim black international version from amazon Spain last Monday night for €557 delivered and it shipped last night - Sold and Shipped by amazon.

Will Samsung pay work on the international version ?

Ordered the Spigen rugged armor case and screen protector after reading the above.

jamesd wrote: »
    Ordered an s9 dual sim black international version from amazon Spain last Monday night for €557 delivered and it shipped last night - Sold and Shipped by amazon.

Ordered the Spigen rugged armor case and screen protector after reading the above.

Samsung, Apple and Google Pay all work per bank, not what region the device is.

So if your bank supports the service, it will work fine.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 'international version' and I use Google Pay regularly without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

jamesd wrote: »

Can you put up links to all of the above? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

CWF wrote: »
    Ain't working for me

All gone I'd say, I put them up last week... just keep an eye out as the price will drop again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

brimal wrote: »
    Tempered glass screen protector is a must-have

FWIW I have a thin fit Spigen case on my s8 and no protective glass and I have zero scratches looking closely. I intended to use tempered glass (still in a box on my desk since I bought the phone) but thought I'd give the gorilla glass a test. I do keep one pocket solely dedicated to it but otherwise have had it everywhere with me through camping, holidays, in and out of jeans a zillion times, in and out of zippered pockets, and it's perfect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Samsung-Galaxy-Light-592cs22821-Black/dp/B078BBJKK9/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529494961&sr=1-2&keywords=s9+spigen+thin

I love this case as it offers just enough protection. There are front-facing ridges on top and bottom so the screen doesn't touch the surface when placed screen down yet doesn't interfere with the wrap-around screen edge. The look is matte black while the feel is gripy. It actually makes the phone feel more solid in your hand without feeling large. Lots of one-handed use above a toilet and it's never taken a dive yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Yes it's same super AMOLED screen. But screen to body ratio is higher in S9+, although by a margin only :)

Ok that may be true but Samsung have been using the same QHD screen since the S6 and both the S8 & S9 actually have a lower pixel density than the S7 !!!

Advertisement