Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9 €605

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It's a grand phone, I am very happy with S9+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's some drop in price in 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Not sold by amazon tho is it? Third part my seller?

CWF wrote: »
    Not sold by amazon tho is it? Third part my seller?

Sold and sent by Amazon. It's the second one on the list when I look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

gar32 wrote: »

Probably because no major upgrade from the 8

Double camera, more processor and RAM, better display.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Probably because no major upgrade from the 8

Double camera, more processor and RAM, better display.

As i said, nó different, need more than that to justify spending a ton of money on a new phone a year later than the previous. model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bazelbrush

Just ordered one here to Ireland, came to a total of €605.56. Will update when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Just bought the new iPhone X yesterday. There not dropping in price anyway. And like all iPhones they will hold there value. To be honest for the first time ever I was thinking of changing from Apple and was going to buy the s9 so glad I didn’t tho this new iPhone is amazing it’s beautiful and a great new lease of life given to the iPhones. But I guess ur either a Samsung or a apple person so I guess it’s each to there own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bmw123d wrote: »
    Just bought the new iPhone X yesterday. There not dropping in price anyway. And like all iPhones they will hold there value. To be honest for the first time ever I was thinking of changing from Apple and was going to buy the s9 so glad I didn’t tho this new iPhone is amazing it’s beautiful and a great new lease of life given to the iPhones. But I guess ur either a Samsung or a apple person so I guess it’s each to there own.

I've both, Samsung for personal and iPhone for work. Both have their positives but at the price differential I'd go with the Samsung and it's more flexible with apps etc.

Ordered one there for the missus, cheers OP

bazelbrush wrote: »
    Just ordered one here to Ireland, came to a total of €605.56. Will update when it arrives.

Nice one. What phone do you currently have. I presume these are unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Was all set to get the OnePlus 6, don't know what to do now! That's an unbelievable price for the S9

Has definitely thrown a spanner in the works

CWF wrote:
    Nice one. What phone do you currently have. I presume these are unlocked

Currently have the s6 which in fairness is still working perfectly. Have been on the lookout for an upgrade for a while now so this was perfect ! I hope they are..

I would say S9 definitely. OP6 lacks flagship feeling after hands on it.
    Was all set to get the OnePlus 6, don't know what to do now! That's an unbelievable price for the S9

Currently have the s6 which in fairness is still working perfectly. Have been on the lookout for an upgrade for a while now so this was perfect ! I hope they are..
    Same here have the s6. Have you noticed the battery life has gotten really bad lately? As in charging it twice daily. Would hope s9 battery is significantly better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Same here have the s6. Have you noticed the battery life has gotten really bad lately? As in charging it twice daily. Would hope s9 battery is significantly better

I had a S6 Edge for 3 years brilliant phone but the bloatware was killing it, install Package Disabler to disable all the cr@p you don't need and your battery will be fine again.

I changed from the S6 to the Note 8 and the biggest change for me is the new cable, I've "old" USB cables everywhere but I didn't have any of the "new" ones so I had to get a few more (1 for the office, 1 for the car and 1 spare)

Battery on my s9+ lasting whole day on moderate usage. When I come home from work, there is still 50% battery left and 9-5 phone is on 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That's damn tempting, headphone jack, no stupid ugly notch, best screen on the market and best camera for nearly what I was going to spend on the OP6, thanks for this op, I think Ill go for it...

Thargor wrote: »
    That's damn tempting, headphone jack, no stupid ugly notch, best screen on the market and best camera for nearly what I was going to spend on the OP6, thanks for this op, I think Ill go for it...

Battery ain't great tho, 50 percent at 5pm after moderate use is poor imo plus all the annoying bloatware. You can turn off the notch on the oneplus 6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

It's been 620 for over a month on eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

I would say S9 definitely. OP6 lacks flagship feeling after hands on it.

Really buying into the marketing spiel. "Flagship feeling"? Jaysus!

CWF wrote:

YES ! this was the only downfall, I would be a fairly heavy user and would generally have to plug it in all the time in the car etc. I'm just out of a two year contract with Tesco aswell so I'm tempted to change provider , Tesco's 15gb data for €25p/m seems hard to beat though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

YES ! this was the only downfall, I would be a fairly heavy user and would generally have to plug it in all the time in the car etc. I'm just out of a two year contract with Tesco aswell so I'm tempted to change provider , Tesco's 15gb data for €25p/m seems hard to beat though..

On 3 prepay you get unlimited data for €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Seriously tempted, great price OP.

Anyone see any good deals on the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Advertisement