Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9 €605

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Single camera on the s9, slightly faster processor with worse battery life on the Exynos chip, same amount of Ram, display is slightly better.

OnePlus 6 has near stock Android and frequent updates too which is a big plus. It's the camera that would tempt me to Samsung. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got S9+ which has double camera. Didn't realise s9 got single camera only, thanks for the correction.

S9+ got better battery also
    jacksie66 wrote: »
    Single camera on the s9, slightly faster processor with worse battery life on the Exynos chip, same amount of Ram, display is slightly better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

S9+ got better battery also

Not really, the battery is larger but because of the bigger display there is nothing between them on battery life.

That's from my personal experience after using S6 the for a year, then S8 for 6 months and now S9+ for last 2 months. I find S9+ battery best so far out of these 3 phones.
    tedpan wrote: »
    Not really, the battery is larger but because of the bigger display there is nothing between them on battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Offer seems to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Offer still there from what I can see. €560 + €18.98 shipping, however it does not ship to either Parcel Motel address or Ireland. Anyone know a way around this?
    Have tried googling but I'm only getting options for shipping something from Ireland to Spain or vice versa, nothing that will actually give me an address like parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Offer still there from what I can see. €560 + €18.98 shipping, however it does not ship to either Parcel Motel address or Ireland. Anyone know a way around this?
    Have tried googling but I'm only getting options for shipping something from Ireland to Spain or vice versa, nothing that will actually give me an address like parcel motel.

Maybe An Post...Addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

After picking up a Huawei P20 about a month ago, hope the iPhone/Samsung owners like parting with their money. Forget the hype.

Maybe An Post...Addresspal

Already had a look - they only do it from USA and UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    After picking up a Huawei P20 about a month ago, hope the iPhone/Samsung owners like parting with their money. Forget the hype.

Considering the P20 is closer to the S8 than the S9 (and costs more than the former) I wouldn't be so sure you've come out ahead there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

€619 seems to be the price they are selling them for in Dublin city centre

https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_samsung+s9/county-Dublin/sortby_price-asc/page-4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Skerries wrote: »
    €619 seems to be the price they are selling them for in Dublin city centre

From the "independent" phone shops, unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'd say so
    I bought my S8 from one last year and told loads of others who bought them as well.
    I also checked and they were authentic
    your warranty is with Samsung as soon as it is activated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

S9 plus is the one to go for....if it drops in 600-630 range i wud grab one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

gar32 wrote: »
    Why are the droping in price so fast ?
    brimal wrote: »
    Anyone see any good deals on the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Here is what I noticed last year. I was eager to get a deal on the S7 edge when the S8 was released. To my surprise, the S7s didn't really fall much in price when the new model came out. Also, the then new S8 model was being sold around the same price-point (maybe even a bit less I think I paid €550 from Amazon.it).

So, FWIW it seems to be repeating what I noticed last year. Instead of looking for deals on previous models just wait a few months and snag the flagship for ~600.

My S8 is still going great so will hold off and see if the same pattern repeats itself next year for the S10.

I tried out the S9 in Vodafone yesterday I love everything about it except the curved screen. Do you grow to love it once you get used to it? Or do ppl find it annoying
    I'd have an otterbox on it anyway so it might block it.

I am very much satisfied with S9+.

Pros: Good battery, best screen, fast charge, awesome camera.

Cons: pricey, some may find it huge to carry around.
    S9 plus is the one to go for....if it drops in 600-630 range i wud grab one...

I am used to 6 inch displays so suits me alrite...using a oneplus 6 purely as it fits my budget...missus has s8+ and i like the display and look n feel...so if s9+ falls further may as well get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Cons: pricey, some may find it huge to carry around.

Hmmm... best screen? its the same screen thats on the S8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

Would this be worth going for:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B079YWSLB9/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Delivers to Ireland, looks good value.

Delivered to here for €560

Was very tempted by the eglobal offer of 646 for the S9+ before I checked their reviews. It seems as if anything goes wrong you're on your own. Phones aren't European so they're not covered by the Samsung warranty. Some people seem to have been covered by it but a lot haven't by the looks of things. Once the sale goes through egloal seem to completely ignore you. Think I'll pass with them and just wait a few more weeks/months for the price to drop a bit more.

Considering the P20 is closer to the S8 than the S9 (and costs more than the former) I wouldn't be so sure you've come out ahead there.

Looking at a comparison on GSMArena[URL="https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8966&idPhone2=8161#g960f,g950f,*[/URL] S8 and S9 are almost identical, with less than a year between release dates.

FYI, P20 is dual sim, dual camera, bigger internal storage, bigger battery. Samsungs don't have these.

Was very tempted by the eglobal offer of 646 for the S9+ before I checked their reviews. It seems as if anything goes wrong you're on your own. Phones aren't European so they're not covered by the Samsung warranty. Some people seem to have been covered by it but a lot haven't by the looks of things. Once the sale goes through egloal seem to completely ignore you. Think I'll pass with them and just wait a few more weeks/months for the price to drop a bit more.

Yes i will only buy from amazon not touching eglobal considering value of phone...they are cheap for a reason on eglobal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Looking at a comparison on GSMArena[URL="https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8966&idPhone2=8161#g960f,g950f,*[/URL] S8 and S9 are almost identical, with less than a year between release dates.

FYI, P20 is dual sim, dual camera, bigger internal storage, bigger battery. Samsungs don't have these.

Dual SIM versions of the s9 and s9+ are available.The s9+ has dual camera,the s9 and s9+ have an sd card slot,storage can be brought up to over 400gb.The p20 only has 128gb and no micro sd card slot.

I don't think storage is very important for people generally, 64gb is enough with photos and pics saved to a cloud and Spotify for music. What do ppl need any more than that for? Gaming?

Yes it's same super AMOLED screen. But screen to body ratio is higher in S9+, although by a margin only :)
    Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Hmmm... best screen? its the same screen thats on the S8

My S9+ got dual sim, dual camera, 128 GB + 64 GB storage (further extendable, as opposed to P20 Pro), i agree P20 Pro got 4000 mAh battery and S9+ got 3500 mAh battery. But screen resolution is better in S9+ with 529 ppi, whereas P20 Pro stands at 408 ppi. 6GB RAM in both.

For me, notch on P20 could be annoying. Plus Huawei phones don't hold much resale value compared to iPhone and Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

Please don't let this turn into a who's phone is better thread and end up getting it closed.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I didn't know we were comparing the S9+ with the P20.
    I have various phones with SD slots, and while they are great at expanding memory for photos/videos, they aren't too great at storing or running applications. Infact storing apps on an SD is almost a non-runner for most phones these days.

Advertisement