Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you consider yourself religious ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭davwain

No, but I drink religiously if that counts.

Raises can of Guinness with both hands above head and mumbles a prayer.

My favourite drink, if I'm out at a pub, is a Stoli and Coke (Smirnoff, if Stoli isn't available). Like many people of East Slavic descent, I like to drink vodka.

And I don't consider myself otherwise religious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Full on atheist. So are my kids.

The wife's a nagnostic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'm agnostic.

It's not that I say "i don't know".

It's that I say "we cannot know".

Militant agnostic?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Cen taurus wrote: »
    I'm a Catholic. I don't label myself religious. I'm not big into labels, or categorising and pigeon-holing people, as this is a very inaccurate guide to anything. People are a lot more complex than that.

You're aware that Catholic is the more specific pigeon holed label here?
    As a Catholic do you follow all the required dogmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I am and would not deny it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I was raised non-religious & have no thoughts or beliefs on the subject.

Religion is a non-entity to me, but I respect the right of others to worship as they see fit as long as they're not imposing it upon me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Saipanne wrote: »
    I'm agnostic.

It's not that I say "i don't know".

It's that I say "we cannot know".

Militant agnostic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. RAmen

You know our prayer!

You are surely destined to go to heaven and frolick in the beery rain spewed forth from the beer volcanoe, whilst buxom wenches freshly minted from the stripper factory hang on your every move.

(You did of course say the prayer in a pirate accent, didn't you?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I like spaghetti but I don't believe it created the universe.

• Advertisement

And that's perfectly ok. But note that unlike pretty much every other religion in history, we won't kill/maim you for your blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

CruelCoin wrote: »
    And that's perfectly ok. But note that unlike pretty much every other religion in history, we won't kill/maim you for your blasphemy.

Well you're still alive and un-maimed, and it seems like that whole spaghetti thing is by definition designed to mock and insult religions and the religious so I'll take what you're saying with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Not a bit. The religion is a lot like having a penis thing summarises where I stand.

Well you're still alive and un-maimed, and it seems like that whole spaghetti thing is by definition designed to mock and insult religions and the religious so I'll take what you're saying with a pinch of salt.

Not sure where you are getting the mockery from.

It's a question of logic (created to dispute the teaching of dogma as science in the classroom). Logic being, i can't disprove yours, neither can you disprove mine. Therefore, both deserve equal time in science class. Or, you could just give all the time to logical conjecture based on an overwhelming body of observable evidence, aka science.

Any reason you can give to claim my religion is "mocking" can also be said about yours, whichever that may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Not sure where you are getting the mockery from.

It's a question of logic (created to dispute the teaching of dogma as science in the classroom). Logic being, i can't disprove yours, neither can you disprove mine. Therefore, both deserve equal time in science class. Or, you could just give all the time to logical conjecture based on an overwhelming body of observable evidence, aka science.

Any reason you can give to claim my religion is "mocking" can also be said about yours, whichever that may be.

The beauty of Pastafarianism... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Hairy thick!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The op said 'In history'. You may be aware of the odd crusade, inquisition and such in history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

(You did of course say the prayer in a pirate accent, didn't you?)

Y'arr

Y'arr

May he bless you with dwarfism, holy as they are in his/her/its eyes

Advertisement