Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Small stones/chippings getting wedged in the grips on the sole of my boots.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’d say your great craic at parties.

TA’d at the driver yesterday who got off the car ferry at Passage East and proceeded to swerve up the hill at 20 km/h, almost crashing a few times, holding everyone behind him up!

Re-naming a thread is great craic?

The only funny part is that whoever did it was probably drinking at home alone reading boards and thought it would be Gas Craic Altogether.
    And that’s funny in a pitiful way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd while at the shop the shop guy said to the customer in front of me "hello sir, how are you" followed by a "thank you, have a nice day"

My turn then

Me : "Hello"

Him "Silence"

He scans my items

Him" 2 euro"

Me "Thank you"

Him " Silence"

Next customer didn't even say hi and he was greeted with a

"Hello sir! how are you!"

Ta'd I wasn't greeted like the above *cross face*

quickbeam wrote: »
    TA that I don’t have a thick skin and am upset too easily.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are who are,I'm the same at times, although I've gotten better at shrugging things off

*hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I had the 'flu late last week - actual influenza, not just a cold. I've had colds before, and they don't t keep me off work, but this time was very different. My TA is the popular notion that "man flu" is a thing - that I was just overreacting to a cold because I'm a man. It's a meme:

201512_1609_geeee_sm.jpg4658521fa299d0cdd302fc7ecd4bcb22.jpg

The notion that I should have "soldiered on", which I read in places, is also a TA: would you have been happy sitting next to me on the bus, even before I passed out in a puddle of viral snot? I think you'd prefer that I stay away and get over it by myself ... :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Went for a walk on this nice Sunday and a beautifully sh*t car passes me with the worst and loudest ever squeal I've heard coming from a vehicle. Left me with ringing in my ears that I still have 10 minutes later.

TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah whats with the thread name changes, at least in R&R the thread stays at 'Those little Things'. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I haven't been getting much sleep the last few nights so I took a couple of sleeping tablets and knocked myself out. Slept like a baby. TA'd that I might have overdone it because I can't for the life of me stay awake today. Keep nodding off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I haven't been getting much sleep the last few nights so I took a couple of sleeping tablets and knocked myself out. Slept like a baby. TA'd that I might have overdone it because I can't for the life of me stay awake today. Keep nodding off.

TA'd you roofied yourself and the missus not there to take advantage is what you should mean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sunday drivers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But it's Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »
    But it's Sunday!

Exactly, so it’s everyone except me! Out of my way peasants :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Weekday drivers out on the road on a Sunday! *shakes fist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

New Home wrote: »
    Weekday drivers out on the road on a Sunday! *shakes fist*

Hahhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

TA'd you roofied yourself and the missus nobody there to take advantage is what you should mean ;)

FYP :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm typing this on a laptop with a 500 GB hard drive. It used to have a 1 terrabyte hard drive until I had to get the drive replaced. I couldn't get the laptop apart to do it myself so I just went to a computer repair shop. The fucker charged me something like €120 for an hours work and a lesser capacity hard drive.

I was really pissed off at the time but I guess I could say it's a trivial annoyance now as this happened over two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Carlow's GAA jersey. Whoever came up with the colour scheme was obviously colour blind.
    Wexford's isn't much better.
    Jerseys with a collar on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Carlow's GAA jersey. Whoever came up with the colour scheme was obviously colour blind.
    Wexford's isn't much better.
    Jerseys with a collar on them

So the lads can put a tie on when wearing them to mass..:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Someone making an absolute balls of the clingfilm, I think I'm going to have a nosebleed :(

A really good thread popping up and pages of posts to catch up on (the serial killer one). Right up my alley, mua ha haaaaa!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thread title hurts my eyes

I'll get walloped for this.....but.....Autos sig.... is a link to a forum that kind of closed 2 1/2 years ago...just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gob****es who think they can just stroll across the road and traffic will stop for them, no it will not.
    Also giving the car a kick because we didn't stop and failing to see the Garda car behind us. I lol'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll get walloped for this.....but.....Autos sig.... is a link to a forum that kind of closed 2 1/2 years ago...just sayin'

Mine? I didn’t know I had one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »

here:

Would you like to see a car insurance discussion Have your say here!

Your sig below each post :

472138.PNG

Yep - motor insurance forum request

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Audio description :mad:

It's Grand for people who have poor eyesight, but it's an annoyance

You can turn it off if your household doesn't need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I’d say your great craic at parties.

TA’d at the driver yesterday who got off the car ferry at Passage East and proceeded to swerve up the hill at 20 km/h, almost crashing a few times, holding everyone behind him up!
    Life and soul actually. Would you like some tips on how to win friends and influence people? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Has a mod changed the tiled of this thread again because they think it is funny or it legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who can't cook. I mean a basic meal. I know a fella, and tea and toast would be the extent of his culinary skills. Absolutely useless. Has to live out of the chipper when the girlfriend goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People pretending to be interested in the SuperBowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Hearing the rain patter against the roof and realising it sounds like a hundred mice running around the attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Chill Insurance ads sponsoring programmes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Hearing the rain patter against the roof and realising it sounds like a hundred mice running around the attic.

I can hear a real mouse running around. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Feeling sick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My one year fixed term contract won’t be renewed, fair ‘nuff. Not because I’m a lazy sod (sometimes :p) but because a permanent employee is returning

Thing is though in the 3 weeks she has been back she has called in sick for 8 days. Today she is out again with another issue and she didn’t call in as per procedure. Supposed to call in, same in every workplace. She texted a friend.

I’ve never missed a day but she is permanent so won’t be let go even if she doesn’t give a damn about the job

I know how substitute teachers feel :/

My broadband went off for 10 minutes and moderate panic and annoyance set in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Holly Willurby and Philip Schofield. Their faces are an annoyance at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Holly's is pleasant to look at though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I don't dislike the girl at all, but the way Meghan Markle keeps touching her bump annoys the bejeepers out of me.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Holly's is pleasant to look at though :D

Nope just annoying. I will add Megan Markle to that list. Sick of the site of her too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cigarette butts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Nope just annoying. I will add Megan Markle to that list. Sick of the site of her too.

Shes big now... but calling her a site is a bit much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Facebook friend requests from people you're not sure if you know where every profile picture is a group shot. And worse when they all seem to be pretty much the same group of people. Is she the one in the centre, the one on the left, the guy with the beard? Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Facebook in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A ticklish cough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thread title hurts my eyes

I was coming on to say the same:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People that talk absolute sh!te. Sometimes my frustration with people makes me feel like Brody out of Mallrats where he's like, "that kid is on the escalator again!!!"

Changing the bed, one if those times when the duvet and duvet cover won't co-operate - turns into a wrestling match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And still the same stupid thread title . Talk about stubborness

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact I had to Google Meghan Markle as I couldn't remember who she was and had an ohhhhhh moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement