Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ashling Thompson case

Options
  • 21-07-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭

Just reading in Today's paper an interview with this girl.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed it but not once in the interview does she apologise for the assault but only talks about how it affected her.

She endured nothing from what I can see. Once she's paid the 6 grand it's forgotten about.

Nothing against the girl and I hope she gets on with her life but she only talks about how it has affected her.
    Thoughts.

No wonder were ****ed as a society

Comments

No contrition at all, only a carefully orchestrated PR campaign to rehabilitate her reputation. Could one expect any less from the Sindo, and its worship of third-rate "celebrity" culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Her tats look terrible.

Odelay wrote: »
    Her tats look terrible.
    Half the tattoos you see on women these days are just horrific..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Just reading in Today's paper an interview with this girl.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed it but not once in the interview does she apologise for the assault but only talks about how it affected her.

She endured nothing from what I can see. Once she's paid the 6 grand it's forgotten about.

Nothing against the girl and I hope she gets on with her life but she only talks about how it has affected her.
    Thoughts.

We are not ****ed as a society.. Least of all because a camogie player had a PR exercise printed in a Sunday newspaper.

Gain some perspective..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Id ride her all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Total scanger

Her tats look terrible.
    Just actually looked at them.. "yeah, seeing a girl being eaten by a tiger really resonated with me, because, ya know, I sometimes feel like I'm being eaten by a tiger, even though I've never seen one, and they aren't native to this part of the world.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Terrible. Perpetrator in a serious criminal matter talks about how hard it is for her, and the Indo just accepts her narrative. The victims of Thompson are the victims, not Thompson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Half the tattoos you see on women these days are just horrific..

Tattoos on women are awful anyway. Look completely knackerish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

She can beat me anyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

We are not ****ed as a society.. Least of all because a camogie player had a PR exercise printed in a Sunday newspaper.

Gain some perspective..

Do you not agree though that this is at least symptomatic of not a healthy society.

I do believe society is screwed up though
    And not just because of this stuff.
    For so many other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm not having a go at this girl.
    But I'm just gobsmacked at her lack of self-awareness and empathy.

She's a good looking girl (and don't like people going on about her appearance) so she'll be fine in future but ffs she and the unselfaware likes of her need to take a long hard look at themselves imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Do you not agree though that this is at least symptomatic of not a healthy society.

I do believe society is screwed up though
    And not just because of this stuff.
    For so many other reasons.

What is it symptomatic of? People who commit crimes have always felt sorry for themselves, and newspapers have always printed crap that they know will sell a few papers. It's nothing new. She's a public figure that people will read about - that's all they care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Just to remind people that Thompson is a violent person who has attacked innocent parties in public places, not a victim.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4229489/ashling-thompson-admits-assault-women-cork-nightclub/amp

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭benjy1000

I’d say she’d hand it back to ya soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

benjy1000 wrote: »

I'd say you'd hand it to her soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Is she wracked with guilt or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

We're definitely fcuked when we can't spell "we're"!

Her tats look terrible.
    I'd be more interested in her t*ts!

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Id ride her all day
    Let's get in line so... after that judge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Let's get in line so... after that judge!

A serious piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

benjy1000 wrote: »
    Let's get in line so...
    Andrew00 wrote: »
    A serious piece of kit

You can get those eyebrow pencils in boots ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I blame the judges. Probably never had to encounter anything like this in real life.

And just listen to the defending solicitor. Bwaaath

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wouldn't comment on her in other threads, until the case was dealt with.
    Yeah she's a very good looking and talented girl who has had issues in her life.
    AFAIK she wouldn't be popular with her team mates which is one indicator. Certainly has anger issues and refs find her difficult. She does need to do a serious rethink and reset of her attitude esp for her own benefit.

I wish her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

She was chatting to some lad at 2.44 and the other one came over - easy see how it happened

The other one didn't follow up on her medical treatment

Inspector James Hallahan said that at 2.44am Ms Coakley approached a man in the nightclub who was talking to Ashling Thompson.

Ms Coakley knew the man but she wasn’t acquainted with the GAA player

Ms Thompson struck Jennifer Coakley. Her right elbow connected with Ms Coakley’s jaw causing it damage.

She was diagnosed with a hairline fracture, but failed to follow up on her medical treatment

Ms Coakley said she still has problems with her jaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

She comes across as that type of person who is a bully but blames her problems on everyone else. Tg4 let themselves down and every other player when they made a laochra Gael program about her. Fair enough she is goodlooking but she constantly uses her depression and mental health ussues as an excuse for just being an ignorant person. In fact she seems to only have mental health issues when she is in trouble

Is she very good looking?.. she's as rough as fnck..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Those are not mutually exclusive. Stunning looking in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

gctest50 wrote: »
    She was chatting to some lad at 2.44 and the other one came over - easy see how it happened

The other one didn't follow up on her medical treatment

No it's not easy to see how it happened. She launched an unprovoked attack on another woman for talking to the man she was with. In no way is that easy to understand. What her victim did about her injuries has no bearing on the viciousness and unacceptable nature of the assault.

• Advertisement

She's ok looking..but looks like she's likely to throw a few slaps in a nightclub..

Did we ever find out if she scored yer man afterwards?

Advertisement