Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nifty present from my wife.

494800.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm in the cage in an hour... why do I do this to myself :facepalm:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Goddamn Canadian camera man fitting the extremely polite and nice stereotype!

I'm in the cage in an hour... why do I do this to myself :facepalm:
    eh, this is not the sexuality and relationships forum, LollipopJimmy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Spending on how tonight goes, he might never need to visit that forum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

always one D**K who uses the cycle path past churchtown to rathfarnham as his own parking, nothing ever happens either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Well you'll be happy to know I was knocked onto my arse with a left hook to the temple and eventually tko'd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Well you'll be happy to know I was knocked onto my arse with a left hook to the temple and eventually tko'd :pac:

Bummer.

Gold for Felix English in the scratch race today in Glasgow!!!

Not sure the track was shown anywhere ? I was busy watching the CX racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not sure the track was shown anywhere ?
    It was on BBC Red Button 1. Not somewhere I think of checking what's on too often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Gold for Felix English in the scratch race today in Glasgow!!!

Not sure the track was shown anywhere ? I was busy watching the CX racing.

Highlights on BBC4 7-8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I wish they'd had them on Eurosport tbh. I know people dislike Carlton and all that, but watching track cycling on BBC is misery. I understand they have to "highlight" their own, but they do so by almost completely overlooking every other competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Two gards standing at the bus stop between Brewery road & Stillorgan on the N11 this morning, jumping out & catching people driving in the bus lane, nice to see at that spot as I always feel fairly vulnerable there with the speed of traffic flying past my elbow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Fair play! Many years of competitive martial arts myself in my younger days, more often than not getting chucked around the place like a rag doll. Great prep for when you find that hidden tree root tearing down a mountain side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

smacl wrote: »
    Fair play! Many years of competitive martial arts myself in my younger days, more often than not getting chucked around the place like a rag doll. Great prep for when you find that hidden tree root tearing down a mountain side.

Same, learning how to fall is always the first step. The guys who end up pro with 20 & 0 records have always had a lot of amateur losses, It's how you refine your weaknesses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What would the expected price to change a pair of disc brake pads in a LBS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Whatever the minimum charge is for labour. Pads - depends what you spec. It's a sub-5 minute job.

5 punctures in the last two days, changed a whole wheel and still got two this morning, the second a sidewall failure.
    Rage!
    Had to nurse it into work this morning. I had taken my spare tyre out changing the wheel and tube on puncture number one :rolleyes:

One wheel neither I, nor two bike shops could find anything in the tyre or rim.
    I think I'm just going to retire it at this stage :mad:

Now to change it again, and put on a new tyre
    #sake

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A jump start in the "Flying 200" for Jason Kenny in Glasgow on Saturday:

495154.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^
    great photo

Two discs now allowed I see.

Two discs now allowed I see.

Always allowed for TT's I think, he's starting his 200, which is a TT.

I really want to see where/how the coach landed!

He raced at the Dublin Track International this year, as well as a good dose of others racing in Glasgow. It's so cool to have them race over here.
    Meeting Kirsten Wild one year was a highlight for me, racing in her world champs kit. She was lovely. It was class :D

eeeee wrote: »
    Always allowed for TT's I think, he's starting his 200, which is a TT.

He raced at the Dublin Track International this year, as well as a good dose of others racing in Glasgow. It's so cool to have them race over here.
    Meeting Kirsten Wild one year was a highlight for me, racing in her world champs kit. She was lovely. It was class :D

Ah of course, had it in the back of my head that they were going to be changes to the disc rules for other events but might have been a brain fart on my account :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

eeeee wrote: »
    Well as you asked....

Ryan Owens, a few minutes earlier:

Take off

495173.jpg

and landing

495174.jpg

I scored this one better for artistic impression

as the coach is married to Robyn Stewart I'm seeing if we can swap him for Mark K:pac:

...only just noticed the "Flying phone" - he had to move rapidly down the track as the guy finishing his 200 would be round a few seconds later

Ah of course, had it in the back of my head that they were going to be changes to the disc rules for other events but might have been a brain fart on my account :pac:

It's all so confusing!

That's an extraordinary series of pics.
    I'm giving him 11!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Allez Poupou!

• Advertisement

Anyone see Lidl Christmas ad? The dad is the spit of Dan Lloyd from GCN :D

Advertisement