Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They are like mini dinosaurs at this point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gulls are great, just make friends with them and never hold food where it can be grabbed from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Hello all..I is back :)
    Caught up on the thread and my heart has sunk.
    Work in a few hours...onwards & upwards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will i fetch the helium for your ticker?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all, kitchenside with a Coffee.
    Nice day outside, have a good day one and all:)

• Advertisement

I'm on the way home, wear feckin masks ya asshats :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Just seen Ennio Morricone has died :( what a legend.

That's actually made me really sad. I want to go home and listen to loads of his music.

The soundtrack for The Mission was my favourite.

kowloon wrote:
    The soundtrack for The Mission was my favourite.

I love a lot of his music. I'd find it hard enough to pick a favourite to be honest. We had a string quartet at our wedding and Deborah's Theme was one of the songs played. Christ he was a brilliant composer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

kowloon wrote: »
    Gulls are great, just make friends with them and never hold food where it can be grabbed from you.

One shat on me in Glasgow last year, the bastard :p

I hope you're doing ok Jack.

Thinking I should probably drag my arse out of bed.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    One shat on me in Glasgow last year, the bastard :p

I hope you're doing ok Jack.

Thinking I should probably drag my arse out of bed.

Okay, I'll concede that that one gull was a bit of a dick, but the rest are all sound. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside after another no internet weekend, a great weekend! :)

Happy Monday Wherers!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

At the desk doing a bit of work with the score to "Once upon a time in America" on in the background. Ennio Morricone was just a legend. Trying to get the work done as quickly as possible because at three I'm going to meet my oldest friend for a (socially distanced, mask-wearing) hike. I am super excited because I haven't seen her since January, which is the longest we've been apart since we were about three. Going to be very hard not to hug her when I see her!

I have a crick in my neck this morning. :(:(:(

I have a crick in my neck this morning. :(:(:(

Neck stuck to one side?

I should probably get up :p

Neck stuck to one side?

No but limited movement. Feck sake. There's always something!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff.......

tenor.gif

"Java" I had this one before, now if I could just remember my review 🤔......it definitely came sephers approved anyway so ye need not worry :cool:

Now what did say again 🤔......ah yes I said...

"Java has an acidic taste at first but give it time and the flavors open up, the best way I can describe them is Floral and a hint of Peach, its goes down your trap very well and is fierce tasty all together, it gets the sephers seal of approval" 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Metallica have used Ennio Morricone's Ecstacy of Gold for their intro music since 1984. It's absolutely electric to experienece live.

Slane for the home feelz :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, doing a few work-related bits and pieces.

Just reading back through the new thread (that has grown very long legs already....we really are a bunch of spam whores! Lol :D) - my God Phoenix, that’s awful about travelling all that distance and then for your BF to turn around and tell you that he’s not sure about living together. The term “sh*t or get off the pot” comes to mind. And you with a serious underlying health condition making that journey in these times. Not good. Not good at all. :(:mad:

Got an apt with my psychologist at 5pm - we are working on compassion-based therapy to manage my anxiety issues. I’m a bold boy - haven’t done my exercises or book work so gonna try to do some very hastily before the session. Wish me luck!! :pac:

kowloon wrote:
    Blocked mid-conversation. I know I didn't say anything out of line this time. This is beginning to make me hate people.

Time to start unleashing a plethora of unsolicited dick pics. It's the right thing to do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Blocked mid-conversation. I know I didn't say anything out of line this time. This is beginning to make me hate people.

What kind of things are those women putting up on their profile that is making you interested in them? There might be some red flags in there you're not picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kowloon , if you're finding it so disheartening and making you lose faith in mankind , would you not just step away from it for a while and give yourself a breather ? Just my tuppence worth .

Coffee and sandwich time .

I've set myself a deadline to get my **** in order, it's a little over two years left to go.

Having your sh1t together is over rated. Having spaghetti lovin' chickens is way cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've never had a timetable to get my sh1t together, I'd only end up disappointing myself. :pac:

On a serious note, I don't think you can actually plan your personal life, it's more happenstance than groundwork.

Having said that, I'm sitting down in my dressing gown trying to motivate myself to shower so I'm not the best person to take advice from.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You could have all your **** in order and things might not fall into place in the time frame you've given yourself .
    Things could happen for you tomorrow , who knows , either way don't put pressure on yourself .

On topic , off to see two of the munchkins soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Busy Auto today, no rest for the wicked :D

Kowloon don’t be in a rush to meet someone, enjoy your time, be your own best friend and you never know what lies around the corner. Took me a while to find my favourite man and he was here all along :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@Kowloon....online dating apps are completely unforgiving, harsh and fickle. It’s so easy to look at a profile, make an instant judgment, and then “swipe left.” I know as I’ve been there myself in the past on gay male hookup/dating apps which are probably even worse than tinder or other general dating apps for being shallow and superficial. Ghosting is par for the course with these sort of apps.

Don’t take being blanked personally and there is just no substitute for meeting people in person. A profile on an app can also be extremely deceiving and misleading.

Was just at the post office a short while ago to send off a good mate’s wife’s 40th bday card. In the queue with an elderly lady and gentleman in front of me, and then a guy about my age pushes past very rudely us telling us he has got an urgent parcel to send and needs to be served before us.

The woman behind the counter told him that no, she would not be serving him before the three of us in the queue and to go back and wait. Karma. :D Some people have absolutely no concept of manners.

• Advertisement

Just back in from a stroll with grumpy. It's the first time in ages that the weather has allowed this or one of us is feeling too rough for a walk. Don't feel disconnected today, thankfully. Firmly in reality and keeping busy with chores. Time to get some pasta and cheesiness for myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement